make Alchemy personal to each char, not universal

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

make Alchemy personal to each char, not universal

Postby gravesmerch » Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:14 pm

instead of Alchemy being universal and shareable trough wiki, make it personal to each char

the idea is every char would have to go trough it's own research path, which makes Alchemy more mysterious and rewarding

I guess when a character buys Alchemy it would generate a unique number that makes ingredients id relative instead of universal... problem is, would this require recipes effects to be defined before hand? maybe its not possible
gravesmerch

Re: make Alchemy personal to each char, not universal

Postby Austinh15 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:48 pm

This is such a horrible idea that absolutely makes no sense. If I take a blueberry and a chive and rub them together, why should that result be different for someone else? If you want to dabble in weird sciences go mess around with herbal grinds, at least then it's even more random and hard to reproduce.

I swear every time someone speaks about alchemy it's just them trying to make their own research special so that they can eventually sell it. That's the eventual "more rewarding" part of your idea right? Be the one person who can make some giga op potion that cures like blade kiss, nasty lacration, and concussion or some shit while everyone else rolled some other random shit recipe.

You suggesting this means you also don't know alchemy works.
Last edited by Austinh15 on Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Austinh15

Postby Fostik » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:41 pm

Quite a straight forward mechanic towards madness.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby gravesmerch » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:50 pm

you probably enjoyed a lot before sharing your knowledge? my idea was having it be a personal discovery path, no wikis, etc

it would be a lot of work but chars could inherit such knowledge in death, to avoid losing it

also Alchemy is such major bull crap that making it personal is probably the "realistic" way
gravesmerch

Postby Massa » Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:55 pm

i have never in my life touched alchemy and i assure you i will not regardless
ImageImage
ass blast USA
Massa

Postby Austinh15 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:22 am

gravesmerch wrote:you probably enjoyed a lot before sharing your knowledge? my idea was having it be a personal discovery path, no wikis, etc

it would be a lot of work but chars could inherit such knowledge in death, to avoid losing it

also Alchemy is such major bull crap that making it personal is probably the "realistic" way

Have you even thought about people spamming new characters for new property lists or even the technical issues of generating that list for every CHARACTER that exists. Is this what it feels like when people who have no idea about pvp shit make suggestions like their opinion matters? This is torture reading this.
Austinh15

Postby Antvgr » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:05 am

Austinh15 wrote:
gravesmerch wrote:you probably enjoyed a lot before sharing your knowledge? my idea was having it be a personal discovery path, no wikis, etc

Have you even thought about people spamming new characters for new property lists or even the technical issues of generating that list for every CHARACTER that exists. Is this what it feels like when people who have no idea about pvp shit make suggestions like their opinion matters? This is torture reading this.

It's not hard and you don't need lists. The formulas would be generated using character id/whatever as a seed. And mate, being a PvP player doesn't make you any better than someone who doesn't participate in it.

That said the idea is kinda bad, as it's goes against the idea of haven, where half of upgrade direction is communal. The one thing i see could work is every world randomizing recipes. That way recipes become a tradable or sharable comodity.
Antvgr

Postby Dawidio123 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:15 am

So what you're saying is that I should make 200 alts to make every good potion with just blueberries and schist and then sell them to people unwilling to actually do that since they can't just get a recipe and do it themselves?
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Postby terechgracz » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:43 pm

Cool idea, I think all recipes should be randomised too. Some people are naturally very crafty and could for example smelt 10 gold nuggets from branch.
terechgracz

Postby Austinh15 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:02 pm

Antvgr wrote:It's not hard and you don't need lists. The formulas would be generated using character id/whatever as a seed. And mate, being a PvP player doesn't make you any better than someone who doesn't participate in it.

That said the idea is kinda bad, as it's goes against the idea of haven, where half of upgrade direction is communal. The one thing i see could work is every world randomizing recipes. That way recipes become a tradable or sharable comodity.

The example I used was to show that those who don't have experience with the current system should not be making suggestions about something they don't understand. As someone who partakes heavily in alchemy every world, seeing someone make such a suggestion while also not knowing what they're talking about is quite annoying.
Austinh15

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas