Ender Client

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: Ender Client

Postby xyzzy57 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 2:04 am

As of today, on MacOS Ventura 13.5.2, attempting to launch the client gives me:

haven.launcher.ValidationException: Could not validate https://enderwiggin.github.io/hafen/hafen.hl
at haven.launcher.Resource.validate(Resource.java:61)
at haven.launcher.Resource.update(Resource.java:79)
at haven.launcher.Driver.run(Driver.java:53)
at haven.launcher.Driver.main(Driver.java:144)
Suppressed: haven.launcher.ValidationException: file not downloaded over tls connection signed with key:rsa:2FA041AE61200B512AC79637E88FD833E31BC8BC7D56E6417B3D3CC14B486392
at haven.launcher.Validator$TlsKeyValidator.validate(Validator.java:43)
at haven.launcher.Resource.validate(Resource.java:55)
... 3 more

It replicates every time, and redownloading the client (from the link in the first post of this thread) didn't help.

I haven't updated anything recently - not the OS, and not Java.

I don't recall when I last launched the ender client - I tend to leave it running until it leaks so much memory that I have performance issues (yay java!) or the Mac needs to be rebooted. It's probably been about a week. Definitely not more than 11 days, as I rebooted the Mac 10 days and 21 hours ago.

The official client appears to be fine, other than having the usual deficiencies of the official client.
xyzzy57

Postby Hickupp » Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:09 am

ref
loftar wrote:
xyzzy57 wrote:Nope. Renaming that directory got rid of my map (as advertised), and my flags, but didn't get my icons back.

Hmm, weird. I'm looking at the HTTP request logs from your IP address, and it's requesting res/radar/squirrel-cache, which is certainly a custom-client resource. It's requesting it repeatedly, so I'm left assuming that its failure to find it is somehow responsible for being unable to load the icons, and if not left in the configuration in the data directory, I'm really not at all sure where it would come from.

Not sure if "res/radar/*" files should only be pulled locally and not also from server.
Hickupp

Postby EnderWiggin » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:57 pm

Updated both launchers with new SSL signature, please re-download launchers.
Updated beta client with latest changes from loftar + fixes for crashes when entering Valhalla.
Note that currently non-kinned non-memorized players are not visible on radar - that is caused by bug in loftar's resource, I'm hoping it will be solved soon.
EnderWiggin

Postby EnderWiggin » Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:43 pm

Pushed small update to beta client to fix radar icon settings. If anything seems broken with them then try exporting map, cleaning cache and importing map. Also loftar fixed issue with unknown players not being visible on radar.
EnderWiggin

Postby Hickupp » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:15 pm

Valhalla: With newest beta.
Client just closes on entering Valhalla.

Error pulled from terminal:
Code: Select all
 "this.ui.gui" is null
   at haven.EquipProxy.mousehover(EquipProxy.java:31)
   at haven.Widget.mousehover(Widget.java:855)
   at haven.Widget.mousehover(Widget.java:855)
   at haven.UI.mousehover(UI.java:829)
   at haven.GLPanel$Loop.run(GLPanel.java:372)
   at haven.JOGLPanel.run(JOGLPanel.java:246)
   at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833)
haven.UI$CommandException: error during ui command-handling: #<cmd 753 #<wdgmsg 55 quests []> (deps 55) (bars 55)>
   at haven.UI$CommandQueue.run(UI.java:311)
   at haven.UI$CommandQueue.lambda$execute$0(UI.java:319)
   at haven.Loader.lambda$defer$0(Loader.java:240)
   at haven.Loader$Future.run(Loader.java:71)
   at haven.Loader$Future.access$400(Loader.java:42)
   at haven.Loader.loop(Loader.java:202)
   at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot read field "questHelper" because "this.ui.gui" is null
   at haven.QuestWnd.uimsg(QuestWnd.java:743)
   at haven.UI$UiMessage.run(UI.java:668)
   at haven.UI$CommandQueue.run(UI.java:307)
   ... 6 more
X11Util.Display: Shutdown (JVM shutdown: true, open (no close attempt): 1/1, reusable (open, marked uncloseable): 0, pending (open in creation order): 1)
X11Util: Open X11 Display Connections: 1
X11Util: Open[0]: NamedX11Display[:0, 0x7fd8882d0a10, refCount 1, unCloseable false]
Hickupp

Postby splooto » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:21 pm

Currently having this error with my main alt on ender, not all alts are affected, but this one happens on and off without seemingly anything to do with where i last logged out or are currently situated as it does it even when at hearth fire or sleeping in bed

Errror is thrown as soon as i select the character, nothing ever actually loads in. Does on fresh ender install in isolated folder too, reinstalling seems to have no influence.

java.lang.NullPointerException
at Pointer.drawarrow(Pointer.java:113)
at Pointer.draw(Pointer.java:169)
at haven.Widget.draw(Widget.java:784)
at haven.Widget.draw(Widget.java:789)
at haven.GameUI.draw(GameUI.java:1283)
at haven.Widget.draw(Widget.java:784)
at haven.Widget.draw(Widget.java:789)
at haven.RootWidget.draw(RootWidget.java:121)
at haven.UI.draw(UI.java:397)
at haven.GLPanel$Loop.display(GLPanel.java:311)
at haven.GLPanel$Loop.run(GLPanel.java:400)
at haven.JOGLPanel.run(JOGLPanel.java:246)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
splooto

Postby Hickupp » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:23 pm

"Icon settings": Not to sure, but "Lava Rock" should probably be in "Rocks" instead of "Others".

---

Moving the custom toolbar is really tricky.
Trying to drag it by clicking on an empty sloth don't works.
Only if you click on the tiny space between slots can it be moved. (which is a bit of a trail & error process, ... except for the two bigger separator parts)

Alternative idea: Highlighting the 2 bigger separator spaces when hovering over the custom toolbar might be general useful too.
Last edited by Hickupp on Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hickupp

Postby Kearn » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:31 pm

Skrain wrote:Am i retarded or does show radius not work for mine supports, it shows bee skeps for me, but not supports

this problem is back again
Kearn

Postby xyzzy57 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:53 pm

xyzzy57 wrote:As of today, on MacOS Ventura 13.5.2, attempting to launch the client gives me:

haven.launcher.ValidationException: Could not validate https://enderwiggin.github.io/hafen/hafen.hl
at haven.launcher.Resource.validate(Resource.java:61)
at haven.launcher.Resource.update(Resource.java:79)
at haven.launcher.Driver.run(Driver.java:53)
at haven.launcher.Driver.main(Driver.java:144)
Suppressed: haven.launcher.ValidationException: file not downloaded over tls connection signed with key:rsa:2FA041AE61200B512AC79637E88FD833E31BC8BC7D56E6417B3D3CC14B486392
at haven.launcher.Validator$TlsKeyValidator.validate(Validator.java:43)
at haven.launcher.Resource.validate(Resource.java:55)
... 3 more

It replicates every time, and redownloading the client (from the link in the first post of this thread) didn't help.

This is no longer happening, after I deleted $HOME/.haven/data and repopulated it (in part at least) using the official client.

I also deleted (actually renamed) my previous copy of the ender client, along with the directory it lived in. (I believe the client downloads some files into that directory tree.)

EnderWiggin wrote:Updated both launchers with new SSL signature, please re-download launchers.

By the time I tried this, the updated ender clients had already been made available.

So the problem may have been resolved by any or all of these.
xyzzy57

Postby xyzzy57 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:57 pm

Kearn wrote:
Skrain wrote:Am i retarded or does show radius not work for mine supports, it shows bee skeps for me, but not supports

this problem is back again

Both clients, or just the beta? My *guess* would be that loftar changed something in this space and ender merged that change. The official client has a show-mine-support and no general show-radius.

FWIW, I'd prefer to have separate controls for show-mine-support-radius and show-farming-related-radiuses, and it would also be nice if the latter included the radius affected by mound beds. Obviously though, unless I want to maintain my own client, I take what I can get. But this would be a nice feature for the ender client, IMNSHO.
xyzzy57

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower