Don't use shubla's client(Purus Pasta), it's spyware

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: Don't use shubla's client(Purus Pasta), it's spyware

Postby shubla » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:41 pm

Artemiswhb wrote:especially the GDPR which his government approved..

Actually my government didn't accept GDPR, but EU did. The law would prevent even storing of IP addresses without founding some kind of personal data registry with forms and stuff. But you don't see too many sites with these ip gdpr registries even though basically all websites collect ip address data to logs.

GDPR being even mentioned is the final seal to confirm that the whole thread is just trolling and no one actually cares.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Zeler » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:47 pm

mfisher1 wrote:The man has done nothing to show he's not trustworthy.

Oh sweet summer child
Zeler

Postby Apocoreo » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:49 pm

shubla wrote:
Apocoreo wrote: It appears we're by a landmark and you can see the beginnings of our plot. .

Amusingly: If you had all used the mapper, this wouldn't be the case, because the oldest tile is displayed only.

I wouldn't have used it at worldstart anyway, that's a critical time and I was experiencing lag loading inventories and enter/exiting structure last world. Rather exortion-y that all players have to use it, if the one discovering the tile doesn't it screws you over.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby Artemiswhb » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:49 pm

shubla wrote:

Actually my government didn't accept GDPR, but EU did. The law would prevent even storing of IP addresses without founding some kind of personal data registry with forms and stuff. But you don't see too many sites with these ip gdpr registries even though basically all websites collect ip address data to logs.

GDPR being even mentioned is the final seal to confirm that the whole thread is just trolling and no one actually cares.

Did your head go so far up your ass just now to come out the other way to just spit out that bullshit?
Whether it was the EU or your government, your country is covered by it and you as a citizen of a country covered by the GDPR have to abide by that law.

Now pull your head out of your ass and spend 5 minutes to add an opt-out so you can stop feeling like the world is out to get you like the self-centered moron you are
Artemiswhb

Postby mfisher1 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:51 pm

Artemiswhb wrote:
mfisher1 wrote:My 2 cent's.

A lot of us asked for this and Shubla delivered.
It gives the rest of the community a map that does not take months to fill out.

The man has done nothing to show he's not trustworthy.
The moment shit goes down and people can prove it, everyone will know.
A) hat stealing really? stfu, loftar would shut this down in moments
B) Player positions? Shubla not a faction player nor a raider, dude spends all day in his base refine his bot that carrys q10 pinecones from one time of the village to the other.
C) Kill you with his murder boat? He was complain about broken this was WAY before hand before even doing the murder boat and dev's were not taking this to light, so he forced their hand.

It's not about whether he's trustworthy or not, nor about if he's a faction player or a raider.

Him and all of those who support it seem to overlook a simple fact: that this breaks any kind of privacy law, especially the GDPR which his government approved. So it doesn't matter if he's the most honest and friendly guy in the universe; it's about it breaking laws and being shady as shit. If people don't call this kind of crap out who knows what will get through in the future.

"GDPR legitimate interest" would allow him to collect the data. We know he's Shubla already (he could offer RL information to make it more solid), He's stated he's using the data for maps. Since all the data is public and can be seen used then it falls under GDPR legitimate interest what allows use of the Data.
mfisher1

Postby shubla » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:52 pm

Artemiswhb wrote:
Now pull your head out of your ass and spend 5 minutes to add an opt-out so you can stop feeling like the world is out to get you like the self-centered moron you are

Opt out is already implemented for most operating systems. Often in top right or left corner there is button with letter X. In some window managers on linux you may have to use keybinding though.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Astarisk » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:52 pm

Artemiswhb wrote:
shubla wrote:

Did your head go so far up your ass just now to come out the other way to just spit out that bullshit?
Whether it was the EU or your government, your country is covered by it and you as a citizen of a country covered by the GDPR have to abide by that law.

Hey, its all right. I'll try to spend the time to make sure I keep the Ethical-Copy-Pasta automatically updated so everyone has an option to opt-out. I've already spent a few moments at tackling the updater and automating the merging needed. Just got to spread awareness of the it all until then.
IRC/IGN: Rawrz

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

Postby BoxingRock » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:58 pm

Astarisk wrote:Hey, its all right. I'll try to spend the time to make sure I keep the Ethical-Copy-Pasta automatically updated so everyone has an option to opt-out. I've already spent a few moments at tackling the updater and automating the merging needed. Just got to spread awareness of the it all until then.

It's pretty unfair to leave members of the community in positions like this. We all greatly appreciate your efforts but the devs should really just remove the client from the forums entirely.
"Not to say that we're in any way perfect, but for the most part, what you call "lack of communication" is simply reflective of how we develop." - loftar
BoxingRock

Postby mfisher1 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:03 pm

BoxingRock wrote:
Astarisk wrote:Hey, its all right. I'll try to spend the time to make sure I keep the Ethical-Copy-Pasta automatically updated so everyone has an option to opt-out. I've already spent a few moments at tackling the updater and automating the merging needed. Just got to spread awareness of the it all until then.

It's pretty unfair to leave members of the community in positions like this. We all greatly appreciate your efforts but the devs should really just remove the client from the forums entirely.

holy troll batman! people who down known GDPR trying to say some real bullshit over here. I think mods should lock tread and burn everything in here.
Go use Amber info stealing client or Ard key logging Client.
mfisher1

Postby Baldarich » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:04 pm

mfisher1 wrote:
BoxingRock wrote:

holy troll batman! people who down known GDPR trying to say some real bullshit over here. I think mods should lock tread and burn everything in here.
Go use Amber info stealing client or Ard key logging Client.

stfu shublas mom
Teleskop wrote:if the chance to win a lottery is 1 to 1 000 000 it doesnt mean im any closer to winning after buying 1 000 000 tickets
Baldarich

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower