Amber Client

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: Amber Client

Postby ctopolon3 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:04 pm

romovs wrote:It;s shift+alt+right click now

mb im doing someth wrong but it not works, like it was earlier... i wanna mark feeding trough and pickup all pumpkins to it
earlier it was (shift+z+click_container, shift+z+click_pickup ) \\ when inventory gets full (hold shift+z) = u automatically unload to the marked container
ctopolon3

Postby romovs » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:14 pm

Ah you mean where you could hold shift+z, then select a pumpkin and it would automatically go back to the trough? That was actually a bug in the previous implementation. I never mean for it to do that. It was more of an unplanned after-effect of having to hold shift+z all the time.

Bottom line is, that now shift+alt doesn't require you to hold it, but also as the result 'automatic return' doesn't work anymore.
romovs

Postby ctopolon3 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:20 pm

:cry: harvest mulberry leaves into stockpile & pumpkin into trough w\o this feature sucks...
ctopolon3

Postby jncoblack26 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:35 pm

romovs wrote:
jncoblack26 wrote:Ok everyone I'm hoping you can help me figure this one out. I like this client. However I was having problems with Java. Had to reinstall it in the correct folders. But for some reason Amber Client will not launch. You go to launch it and it cancels itself out and closes. Any ideas on how I can go about fixing this? Until I can get this fixed I'll be using Ender Client.

Right click run.bat, select edit, and add the word pause on the last line.
It will keep the console window open. Check if there any errors in there.

I did that but it still opens and closes instantly :/
jncoblack26

Postby WowGain » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:23 pm

I tried putting the MapUploader jar into my user profile, but for some reason it still doesn't work. How do I upload maps using AmberClient?
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby romovs » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:54 am

jncoblack26 wrote:
romovs wrote:
jncoblack26 wrote:Ok everyone I'm hoping you can help me figure this one out. I like this client. However I was having problems with Java. Had to reinstall it in the correct folders. But for some reason Amber Client will not launch. You go to launch it and it cancels itself out and closes. Any ideas on how I can go about fixing this? Until I can get this fixed I'll be using Ender Client.

Right click run.bat, select edit, and add the word pause on the last line.
It will keep the console window open. Check if there any errors in there.

I did that but it still opens and closes instantly :/

Weird. Are you sure run.bat looks like this?

Code: Select all
start javaw -Xms512m -Xmx1024m -jar hafen.jar -U https://game.havenandhearth.com/hres/ game.havenandhearth.com
pause
romovs

Postby romovs » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:57 am

WowGain wrote:I tried putting the MapUploader jar into my user profile, but for some reason it still doesn't work. How do I upload maps using AmberClient?

Go to General Settings and enable "Save map tiles to disk" and drop MapUploader into the client folder.
Once you have enough tiles accumulated, launch MapUploader (I assume it should start just by double clikcing it) and upload.
romovs

Postby WowGain » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:16 am

romovs wrote:
WowGain wrote:I tried putting the MapUploader jar into my user profile, but for some reason it still doesn't work. How do I upload maps using AmberClient?

Go to General Settings and enable "Save map tiles to disk" and drop MapUploader into the client folder.
Once you have enough tiles accumulated, launch MapUploader (I assume it should start just by double clikcing it) and upload.

Thanks!
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby AntiBlitz » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:02 am

so since having switched pc's and brought over the appdata folder as mentioned, the map and bookmarks are now there, however anytime i open the map and move about, im getting a ton of map file warnings. My map also looks like swiss cheese now, with the black squares thrown about pretty well everywhere. Is there something i should be doing to fix this?

like this;
[03:52] mapfile warning: error when locating grid c6c7dab34da14be3: java.io.FileNotFoundException: map/grid-c6c7dab34da14be3

Secondly, and hopefully Lastly, i no longer have the bookmarks for previous charter stones i have traveled to, i can type in their names manually, but upon arriving there, i still dont possess the names in the list. I even tried right clicking the charter stone to remember it when i arrived, but it doesnt let me. Is there a way to fix this?
AntiBlitz

Postby romovs » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:15 am

AntiBlitz wrote:so since having switched pc's and brought over the appdata folder as mentioned, the map and bookmarks are now there, however anytime i open the map and move about, im getting a ton of map file warnings. My map also looks like swiss cheese now, with the black squares thrown about pretty well everywhere. Is there something i should be doing to fix this?

like this;
[03:52] mapfile warning: error when locating grid c6c7dab34da14be3: java.io.FileNotFoundException: map/grid-c6c7dab34da14be3

The error says that some of the map files are missing. Perhaps something didn't get copied.
AntiBlitz wrote:Secondly, and hopefully Lastly, i no longer have the bookmarks for previous charter stones i have traveled to, i can type in their names manually, but upon arriving there, i still dont possess the names in the list. I even tried right clicking the charter stone to remember it when i arrived, but it doesnt let me. Is there a way to fix this?

Try using inspect on the charter stone. I think it will add it to the list.
romovs

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower