Ender Client

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: Ender Client

Postby mvgulik » Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:43 pm

This "@1234567890" is a default client feature that is used to pass a highlighting action on some object from one player to other players.
(the number is just some object id)

(which is also why this defaults to using the active chat)
mvgulik

Postby EnderWiggin » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:05 am

mvgulik wrote:This "@1234567890" is a default client feature that is used to pass a highlighting action on some object from one player to other players.

It is not default client feature. It is something I've made quickly way back in legacy haven and it since went into many clients using same format. My client uses ALT+LClick on object to highlight object and send this highlight to active chat. Other clients probably trigger this differently. If client finds object specified in that message then message is not added to chat log. I probably need to remove all messages with this format, even if you can't see he object.
EnderWiggin

Postby mvgulik » Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:16 pm

EnderWiggin wrote:
mvgulik wrote:This "@1234567890" is a default client feature that is used to pass a highlighting action on some object from one player to other players.

It is not default client feature.

lol. But yea, I can't find any ref to it in default client.

I don't have any cattle around, but was there not some similar cattle highlight feature in the cattle roster in the default client ?
Or was that Ender/Custom-client only too ?

Kinda funny the default client still has not something similar on board as player to player communication supplement. Guess there still chopping blocks.
mvgulik

Postby EnderWiggin » Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:45 pm

mvgulik wrote:I don't have any cattle around, but was there not some similar cattle highlight feature in the cattle roster in the default client ?
Or was that Ender/Custom-client only too ?
I've added some buttons in the "Inspect" window. One of them is "Show" which highlights animal. Default client only shows names over head of animals which are inspected (and maybe when roster is open too?) and iirc it was added after my buttons.
EnderWiggin

Postby darkpuppet » Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:00 pm

Have to test with another client but i do not trust anyone else
I moved back to my parent house , wifi again.
i was using 4G before to play

Now , the game kinda hung up but not freeze , i can rotate the camera and open any window inside the game but my character wont move or open any recipe.
i updated java but did not fix the issue.
Any idea? the ethernet cable is kinda fuck up but works for anything else , like playing online games like counter strike without any problem or watch a movie so i dont really thing is a micro disconnect .
Any insight what might be?

EDIT : gonna try this
If you are having problems with client suddenly freezing when starting some animations try this:
export map data
remove resource cache folder (if you are on windows it should be in <USER_FOLDER>\AppData\Roaming\Haven and Hearth\data\)
remove all jar files from client folder
be sure to re-download updater or beta updater
launch client through updater (or beta-updater) - note it will start slow as it needs to download lots of resources
import your map

Nope , keept happening.
i deleted ender folder and downloaded again
deleted resource too
darkpuppet

Postby EnderWiggin » Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:12 am

If you can rotate camera and open/close windows but not move or perform actions and there's no error report window poping up then it looks like something wrong with connection to server. You can try copying last line of updater.log into a new bat file in same folder as updater, then adding pause on the next line and running that bat file. And send me contents of that console window once you encounter your problem.
EnderWiggin

Postby darkpuppet » Tue Jun 08, 2021 4:28 pm

yeah sure , but there is no log in the folder

edit: tried default client and it happens there too so im pretty sure is a really tiny micro disconnect , is there any way to make it reconnect without close the client and open again?
darkpuppet

Postby EnderWiggin » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:33 pm

Updated beta client:
  • display quality of inspected objects
EnderWiggin

Postby mvgulik » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:04 am

Just merged the two separate Ender folders I was using (Final vs Beta).
Seems to work fine so far.

In relation to this I do wonder a bit about potential side effect's of the now shared "version" entry in the config.json file.
(and to a lesser degree the changelog.txt file)
mvgulik

Postby EnderWiggin » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:13 am

mvgulik wrote:Just merged the two separate Ender folders I was using (Final vs Beta).
Seems to work fine so far.

In relation to this I do wonder a bit about potential side effect's of the now shared "version" entry in the config.json file.
(and to a lesser degree the changelog.txt file)

Version in config file is used to determine whether to show changelog or not. It is overwritten when client with different version is launched. Changleog is owerwritten in same manner.
EnderWiggin

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower