Client Q's

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Client Q's

Postby Ragnar214 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:21 am

loftar wrote:
Ragnar214 wrote:Where should I post about my questions on the Renderer/Client?

I'd think that the Wizards' Tower ought to be a good place.

Ragnar214 wrote:Can the renderer/client you wrote be used to make a single player game as well?

I'm sure you could gut it that way, but I'm not sure if it's an efficient way to go about it. I'd be looking into something like jMonkeyEngine or libgdx if you just want a gamedev library for Java. :)

Alright so I started another post here in the right place (duh I should do better at reading)

Multiplayer is what I'm making, was just wondering about the single player. Java is easier to code in, I run into troubles with C++ and it holds my development back when I run into those troubles. That's why I'm interested. I wouldn't want to gut the great work you've done either!

I guess I'll look around at how to download the code and check it out, and find those old posts that said what software you used for the server and game logic (pretty sure I saw them somewhere)

Also I must apologize to everyone. I hadn't understood that you released the client for the furthering of knowledge and creativity when I was flaming about people making their own clients and such.

My bad.
Ragnar214

Re: Client Q's

Postby boshaw » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:24 am

Ragnar214 wrote:
loftar wrote:
Ragnar214 wrote:Where should I post about my questions on the Renderer/Client?

I'd think that the Wizards' Tower ought to be a good place.

Ragnar214 wrote:Can the renderer/client you wrote be used to make a single player game as well?

I'm sure you could gut it that way, but I'm not sure if it's an efficient way to go about it. I'd be looking into something like jMonkeyEngine or libgdx if you just want a gamedev library for Java. :)

Alright so I started another post here in the right place (duh I should do better at reading)

Multiplayer is what I'm making, was just wondering about the single player. Java is easier to code in, I run into troubles with C++ and it holds my development back when I run into those troubles. That's why I'm interested. I wouldn't want to gut the great work you've done either!

I guess I'll look around at how to download the code and check it out, and find those old posts that said what software you used for the server and game logic (pretty sure I saw them somewhere)

Also I must apologize to everyone. I hadn't understood that you released the client for the furthering of knowledge and creativity when I was flaming about people making their own clients and such.

My bad.

Yes.
boshaw

Re: Client Q's

Postby borka » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:22 pm

client source code for Legacy
https://github.com/dolda2000/haven-client

client source for actual
https://github.com/dolda2000/hafen-client

http://indiegamemag.com/igm-interviews- ... en-hearth/
Fredrik: Yeah. The code has evolved quite tremendously since the old Haven. It’s EMACS and vi. The engine is in-house, my own. Most of the programs we use are those that I made myself, and as for languages, the server is written in C and the client is written in Java. We have a fair amount of utilities written in Python. As for external programs, Björn uses mostly those.

Björn: Exactly, I use Blender for 3D modeling and it’s open source, fantastic program, I would recommend it to anyone any day. It’s a great program.
borka

Return to The Wizards' Tower