Amber client: From 60fps to 0(?)

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: Amber client: From 60fps to 0(?)

Postby APXEOLOG » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:30 am

Do you have proper Java installed? (i mean 64 bit Java for 64 bit system)
W10 Meme Plot | W9 Mantis Garden | W8 Core | W7 Ofir | W6 the City of Dis | W5 Vitterstad | W4 A.D. | W3 Mirniy
jorb wrote:All your characters will be deleted, and I will level every village any one of them were ever members of.
APXEOLOG

Postby aghmed » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:41 pm

CSPAN wrote:When the game starts it runs at a steady 60fps then gradually falls to the single digits and then eventually hits 0 and freezes. No problems with other games, use Ambers, nothing else running, Java up to date. Pls help. (did I do this right?)

It's most likely because of creating too many objects unnesessarly.
Because of that GC is forced to "promote" temporary variables to older generations that takes much longer to clean.
I have same situation on my pc when usage of CPU/GPU didn't exceed 10% yet my fps are droping towards 20'ish (on r9 290x).
public static class StupidJavaCodeContainer {
/* oh, i love swing. */
class checkOutMyPathfinder{
}}
aghmed

Postby APXEOLOG » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:39 pm

aghmed wrote:
CSPAN wrote:When the game starts it runs at a steady 60fps then gradually falls to the single digits and then eventually hits 0 and freezes. No problems with other games, use Ambers, nothing else running, Java up to date. Pls help. (did I do this right?)

It's most likely because of creating too many objects unnesessarly.
Because of that GC is forced to "promote" temporary variables to older generations that takes much longer to clean.
I have same situation on my pc when usage of CPU/GPU didn't exceed 10% yet my fps are droping towards 20'ish (on r9 290x).

For most of PC's default JVM GC settings are pretty much the same (I think it should be Parallel GC). So this shouldn't be the case (otherwise we all should share this problem)
You can check default GC by cmd:
Code: Select all
java -XX:+PrintCommandLineFlags -version

And for parallel GC you should find in output
Code: Select all
-XX:+UseParallelGC
W10 Meme Plot | W9 Mantis Garden | W8 Core | W7 Ofir | W6 the City of Dis | W5 Vitterstad | W4 A.D. | W3 Mirniy
jorb wrote:All your characters will be deleted, and I will level every village any one of them were ever members of.
APXEOLOG

Postby romovs » Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:31 pm

There is something weird going on with switching worlds (leaving house/mines etc)
A few people reported similar issue and they were able to reproduce it on vanilla client and some other custom clients.
Unfortunately I wasn't able to reproduce it on my end.
It's probably something better left to loftar to debug.
romovs

Previous

Return to The Wizards' Tower