World Map

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: World Map

Postby algeralith » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:35 am

Yep! It's roughly the same size. I'll try to get around to adding the old map up sometime soon.
algeralith

Postby mvgulik » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:59 pm

Is a segment the same thing as a minimap tile ?

While uploading it reported sending 6 segments.
But I'm pretty sure I collected more then 6 new minimap tiles after my last upload.
mvgulik

Postby Procne » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:05 pm

mvgulik wrote:Is a segment the same thing as a minimap tile ?

While uploading it reported sending 6 segments.
But I'm pretty sure I collected more then 6 new minimap tiles after my last upload.

No, segment is a separate map. As in, when you use CTRL+A the map you see is a single segment. If you go into a cave you will see a different map, which is a different segment. Entering caves from 2 separate distant (like at least 4 tiles away) entrances will produce 2 different segments. And when viewing those maps you will not be able to scroll from one to another. But as soon as you link those maps by discovering a tile which exists in both segments, those will be linked into a single segment.

So going back to your question - 6 segments sent might simply mean 1 segment from overworld and 5 segments from caves you randomly entered. Or maybe you teleported using vortex - this would create a separate segment until you link it to another segment. Or maybe you spawned more characters in the wild - each of them would create a new segment, unless they spawn in a place you had previously discovered
Procne

Postby mvgulik » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:48 pm

Got it. (Crystal clear). :)
Thanks.
mvgulik

Postby Robertzon » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:01 am

Anyone loaning out a knarr? ¦]
13.04 added another continent
Robertzon

Postby algeralith » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:07 am

Just had to increment the grid version in the uploader for loftar's latest update. Therefore, you'll need to download the V6 uploader.

As a warning, this also means I'm sending over all overlay data that loftar packs into the grid file. Though, nothing sensitive about that.

Thanks to everyone contributing!
algeralith

Postby mvgulik » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:51 am

algeralith wrote:overlay data that loftar packs into the grid file.

Related to RoB: Pavement_Order

If at some point you could collect and share some of the pavement order data that's in there I 'might' be able to update RoB on this at some point.

For later that is, as I figure that this data is currently not that useful yet due to it being a new world.
It probably becomes interesting when tiles are starting to show up with more than N pavement types. Not sure about the useful N value at this moment though.

As raw data format. One line per tile, with the terrain names for that tile in the order they are listed in the related layer, would work. (ie: basic CSV format)

If not, that's ok too.
mvgulik

Postby trinh » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:46 pm

when downloading V6 it still shows up as V5 and cries it's out to date :evil:
trinh

Postby algeralith » Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:32 pm

mvgulik wrote:
algeralith wrote:overlay data that loftar packs into the grid file.

Related to RoB: Pavement_Order

If at some point you could collect and share some of the pavement order data that's in there I 'might' be able to update RoB on this at some point.

For later that is, as I figure that this data is currently not that useful yet due to it being a new world.
It probably becomes interesting when tiles are starting to show up with more than N pavement types. Not sure about the useful N value at this moment though.

As raw data format. One line per tile, with the terrain names for that tile in the order they are listed in the related layer, would work. (ie: basic CSV format)

If not, that's ok too.

It's not related at all. I have no way to determine such an order.

trinh wrote:when downloading V6 it still shows up as V5 and cries it's out to date :evil:

Should be fixed. I just screwed things up trying to make a quick fix before bed last night.
algeralith

Postby mvgulik » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:03 pm

algeralith wrote:It's not related at all. I have no way to determine such an order.

Even if that where not true. Which I don't know until I checked my related code and checked if something has changed in the map files in the past ... ~year(I think).
I will just take that as a "no ....", easier that way.
mvgulik

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower