Resource tool

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: Resource tool

Postby Flyrella » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:59 pm

ribaeda wrote:As I understand it, simple editing of resources is only suitable for objects with fixed textures. For example "tarkiln" you can easily modify the meshes from which it is created. But when I try to change objects that use textures of different resources, the client does not use them, downloading the default ones. I tried to change "trallis" just by removing mesh, and also simplifying their geometry in a blender (for performance), but the client does not want to use them.
Maybe you will show an example of modifying such resources (with not fixed textures), it would be great.

I agree. Please, we need some example! :roll:
Flyrella

Postby shubla » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:21 pm

ribaeda wrote:simplifying their geometry in a blender (for performance)

I have high doubts that HnH graphics are already pretty simple so reducing the amount of vertex would not help that much. Bottlenecks are elsewhere.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Ysh » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:22 pm

shubla wrote:
ribaeda wrote:simplifying their geometry in a blender (for performance)

I have high doubts that HnH graphics are already pretty simple so reducing the amount of vertex would not help that much. Bottlenecks are elsewhere.

Reducing the number of vertex to 0 will probable be a good help.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby shubla » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:24 pm

Ysh wrote:Reducing the number of vertex to 0 will probable be a good help.

In this case, one should just disable rendering of models and replace them with differently colored 2d squares.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Ysh » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:25 pm

shubla wrote:
Ysh wrote:Reducing the number of vertex to 0 will probable be a good help.

In this case, one should just disable rendering of models and replace them with differently colored 2d squares.

Yes, good idea. Will you add this feature to your client?
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby DPblH » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:04 pm

ribaeda wrote:As I understand it, simple editing of resources is only suitable for objects with fixed textures. For example "tarkiln" you can easily modify the meshes from which it is created. But when I try to change objects that use textures of different resources, the client does not use them, downloading the default ones. I tried to change "trallis" just by removing mesh, and also simplifying their geometry in a blender (for performance), but the client does not want to use them.
Maybe you will show an example of modifying such resources (with not fixed textures), it would be great.

You cannot edit trellis with this tool, because it contains two meshes with 1 id (-1). For now I don't know how to operate them properly.
Give a man a game engine and he delivers a game. Teach a man how to make a game engine and he never delivers anything.
DPblH

Postby not_a_cat » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:27 pm

Would it be possible to publish compiled .exe on gitlab or some another hosting please?
As for now https://puu.sh/wjsTz.zip - "That puush could not be found."
not_a_cat

Postby not_a_cat » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:44 pm

Just a few days ago Kerrigan aka DPblH have updated this amazing tool. Some of update features are:
- vbuf2 layer fix
- audio2 layer fix
- newer res format support (e.g. gfx/terobjs/dovecote)
- layers handling menu (single layer import/export/replace functionality)

Precompiled win-binaries are available at Google Drive here.

Go on, create your own abominations
not_a_cat

Postby LostJustice » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:02 am

not_a_cat wrote:Just a few days ago Kerrigan aka DPblH have updated this amazing tool. Some of update features are:
- vbuf2 layer fix
- audio2 layer fix
- newer res format support (e.g. gfx/terobjs/dovecote)
- layers handling menu (single layer import/export/replace functionality)

Precompiled win-binaries are available at Google Drive here.

Go on, create your own abominations

Very useful tool but there is a problem. The new resource site url is https://game.havenandhearth.com/res/. If you get a res using this tool rather than the link, it gives you an old version of the res that still uses things like GLState which is not correct when running it in the new render client.
LostJustice

Postby mvgulik » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:46 pm

Trying to build HafenResourceTool with QtCreator (5.12.8) on Linux (Mint) (not sure if that should work, but ...) ...

... plenty QtC setup speed bumps later ...

Finally got QtC build function active ...
On Run/Build the first error I get is "../HafenResourceTool-master/tools/xmlimporter.cpp:145:22: error: use of undeclared identifier 'cos' "

Might I have missed something that I also need to add to my QtC setup ?
mvgulik

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower