World Map Enhanced [W14 Edition! 115 000+ tiles!!]

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

World Map Enhanced [W14 Edition! 115 000+ tiles!!]

Postby shubla » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:35 am

Hard working and generous Purus Pasta users have collected tiles for a world map!
I present you, the world map of W14.
https://vatsul.com/HnHMap/

Features:
- Persistent private markers that you can share with your friends.
- Lots of tiles, more will be updated later

Some instructions:
Add markers from top right corner, to remove or edit markers, left-click them.
Markers are saved in the link. To save or share markers, use the same link with your friend.

It may have bugs, please report them in this thread.
Also, please tell about features and markers that you would like to be added also.
It currently runs on a rather cheap server, so if many people start using it, it may get a bit slower.

CONTRIBUTE TO THE MAP
Map is not possible without contributions by users, to contribute, use Purus Pasta!
NOTE You can also contribute by exporting map tiles in the client and sending them to Purus Cor#7784 on discord.
Last edited by shubla on Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:19 pm, edited 15 times in total.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Re: World Map Enhanced

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:43 am

thank you shubla, very cool!
ChildhoodObesity

Postby Ardennesss » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:53 am

Oh cool, you copy pasted Alg's code including his comments, stole the map tiles that he has to manually merge every so often, added some markers to it, and a donation button to help you run a server that must cost $5 a month. If times are so hard that you need help running a server that cheap I'm surprised you haven't hard coded a donation popup window into your client as well.

Yours
Code: Select all
         //Canvas Grids, Make toggable option?

/*   var tile = L.DomUtil.create('canvas', 'leaflet-tile');
         var ctx = tile.getContext('2d');
         var size = this.getTileSize()

Algs
         /*         
         var tile = L.DomUtil.create('canvas', 'leaflet-tile');

You couldn't even be bothered to remove his comments.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby shubla » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:05 am

Ardennesss wrote:Oh cool, you copy pasted Alg's code including his comments, stole the map tiles that he has to manually merge every so often, added some markers to it, and a donation button to help you run a server that must cost $5 a month. If times are so hard that you need help running a server that cheap I'm surprised you haven't hard coded a donation popup window into your client as well.

Yours

/*   var tile = L.DomUtil.create('canvas', 'leaflet-tile');

Algs
         /*         
         var tile = L.DomUtil.create('canvas', 'leaflet-tile');

You couldn't even be bothered to remove his comments.

Well at first I made custom marker map for my own private use, but then thought that why not share it to everybody. At least I personally have wanted to use markers in map like odditown in the past, so maybe there are other people who have the same need, but inability to code it themselves, that will find my map useful.
What comes to the messiness of the (client side) code, original code was already a mess so I just kind of threw it together quickly. Maybe I will clean it up in the future when I have more time to work on it. The server side is very elegant!
What comes to the server costs, current server costs a bit more than 3 euros a month, I have no idea how many people will start using the map, but it is quite possible that the current server is not enough and must be upgraded. But not necessarily, I have a few ideas in my mind that may improve the performance a bit. But the time will tell.
Also, why would I remove his comments?
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
shubla

Postby Ardennesss » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:12 am

Shubla wrote:Also, why would I remove his comments?

Considering your post calls Odditown map slow twice, it seems rather hypocritical that your map literally IS Odditown map at it's core and yet you don't credit Alg anywhere for buliding you the framework on which you're trying to leech money.
Shubla wrote:What comes to the server costs, current server costs a bit more than 3 euros a month
Lmao.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby shubla » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:17 am

Ardennesss wrote:
Shubla wrote:Also, why would I remove his comments?

Considering your post calls Odditown map slow twice, it seems rather hypocritical that your map literally IS Odditown map at it's core and yet you don't credit Alg anywhere for buliding you the framework on which you're trying to leech money.
Shubla wrote:What comes to the server costs, current server costs a bit more than 3 euros a month
Lmao.

Well you seem to be very butthurt for some reason.
Maybe jelaous of all the free shekels that shubla will soon be raking in ¦]
shubla

Postby Ardennesss » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:26 am

Shubla wrote:Well you seem to be very butthurt for some reason.
How can you not understand why I'm upset that you're stealing the work of someone who's hosted the world map for Haven since W4 without a donation button or ever expecting the community to pay for it? You're literally just a disgusting leech. Are you going to enable people to upload map tiles to yours or are you just planning to allow Alg's server to do all the real work while you just scrape the tiles and ask people to pay for it?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby Jonsky » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:35 am

Shubla wrote:free shekels

Yes from stealing someone else's work who themselves, correct me if I'm wrong, don't have any method for donation.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”
Jonsky

Postby shubla » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:36 am

Ardennesss wrote:
Shubla wrote:Well you seem to be very butthurt for some reason.
How can you not understand why I'm upset that you're stealing the work of someone who's hosted the world map for Haven since W4 without a donation button or ever expecting the community to pay for it? You're literally just a disgusting leech. Are you going to enable people to upload map tiles to yours or are you just planning to allow Alg's server to do all the real work while you just scrape the tiles and ask people to pay for it?

Donation is completely voluntary and no one is forced to do it.
No one is forced to use my map either.
I suggest you to calm down and relax a bit. I personally suggest to start watching some japanese animations, not the action ones, there are plenty of relaxing ones as well.
Please retrain from filling the thread up with this subject. Make own thread for it somewhere and focus on bug reports and feature suggestions here.
shubla

Postby Burinn » Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:37 am

Jonsky wrote:
Shubla wrote:free shekels

Yes from stealing someone else's work who themselves, correct me if I'm wrong, don't have any method for donation.

Making a map is trivial. What he """stole""" is the map tiles people uploaded. If he wants to beg, let him beg.

You're overreacting.
sabinati wrote:do you expect me to just check the forum constantly, fuck off
Burinn

Next

Return to The Wizards' Tower