Salem client question

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Salem client question

Postby Taipion » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:49 pm

Hello,

as some of the code is pretty similar or outright the same, I thought it might be a good idea to ask here.

Question 1:
A problem that's been bugging me for a long time, is some sort of item/inventory lagg,
when you click an item, as in right click it to open a flower menu and then use a flower menu choice,
it tends to be slower the more items you have in your inventory.

Question 2:
As a result of that (it seems it is) there is a buggy UI state that happens usually very rarely,
but otherwise pretty frequently if the inventory is above say 500-600 items.
When it happens, everything works as normal except clicks on items take 2-3 seconds to respond,
and continuous (slow) clicking on items or using items will prompt a disconnect that is usually only issued (for Salem, idk about HnH)
if the client floods the server with too many requests in too short of a time.

If anyone has any clue on where exactly that comes from, or even how to solve it, I'd love to hear it! :-)

Thank you!
Taipion

Re: Salem client question

Postby Taipion » Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:47 pm

forgot to state it's about flower menus, so clicking an item in the inventory with a right-click to open a flower menu, then use that flower-menu

also further re-testing shows that the disconnect after entering the "bug state" is inevitable, takes a few minutes though without excessive clicking
Taipion

Return to The Wizards' Tower