Don't use shubla's client(Purus Pasta), it's spyware

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: Don't use shubla's client(Purus Pasta), it's spyware

Postby kmarad » Fri Jul 02, 2021 9:56 pm

shubla wrote:
kmarad wrote:Who needs a keylogger when you store the credentials locally ?

Well its nice to get access into bank accounts etc. as well, not only client credentials?

Sure you can make it look like fun, but you are actually logging passwords in plaintext.
That sucks dude, and imho that's even worse than logging hats and IG locations.
Do you even care about your clients safety?
kmarad

Postby telum12 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:49 pm

kmarad wrote:
shubla wrote:
kmarad wrote:Who needs a keylogger when you store the credentials locally ?

Well its nice to get access into bank accounts etc. as well, not only client credentials?

Sure you can make it look like fun, but you are actually logging passwords in plaintext.
That sucks dude, and imho that's even worse than logging hats and IG locations.
Do you even care about your clients safety?

Shubla should definitely store tokens instead of creds but also if someone has that level of access you’re probably fucked regardless of how hnh creds are stored..
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

Postby telum12 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:51 pm

Also wtf is this thread just add a opt-out button in settings. Most people don’t care and the few that do can disable it. Yay. Everyone happy
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

Postby shubla » Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:59 pm

Improved tokens sensible as a reusable authentication were added only recently. All other clients ever have always done the same, so maybe go blame on their threads too.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Purus client - spyware, avoid it, evidence here

Postby ATHF » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:07 pm

Hello, I started to use Purus Pasta client recently. Out of curiosity I opened the big map, which is ALT+R. Usually, when I launch the client first time it is empty, with zero markers on it. But for some reason I had this blue "Hideout" marker, which is not mine at all. I have zero relation to this location, at neither level it belongs to me.

Below attached is evidence #1.

Closer look at location and marker.

I previously heard of spyware software implementation in Purus client.

shubla reported that video evidence of him killing sprucecaps is actually an Experiment on topic of water warfare.

I doubt it. Report him for illegal software.

This is actual spyware, delete your saved sessions where you entered password. Do not enter it manually, neither copy the password into the Purus client field, because it will send it to shubla.
ATHF

Re: Purus client - spyware, avoid it, evidence here

Postby ATHF » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:10 pm

bump
ATHF

Postby Audiosmurf » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:13 pm

Bumping 3 minutes after your initial post undermines your point by making you look like a retarded person. Hope this helps.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby BoxingRock » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:18 pm

This is a fairly well known fact among regular players in the community.

Even loftar himself has made damning public comments about how the client seems to gather unnecessary private data and confirms that shubla would absolutely have access to all of our private maps, markers and information but the only single reason it has not been removed entirely is because "he doesn't think shubla would do that."

You can find these comments in the Ethically-Sourced Copy-Pasta Client thread

Thankfully most of the community knows shubla better than loftar and we know he would definitely use this data to cheat and steal.

Thank you for making this thread. I have seen a lot of new people joining the community in discord lately and it is a good idea to have this information being frequently talked about to protect new users who may not know who shubla is and what he is capable of.
"Not to say that we're in any way perfect, but for the most part, what you call "lack of communication" is simply reflective of how we develop." - loftar
BoxingRock

Postby abt79 » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:48 pm

+1

Even if devs read the forum they probably still wouldn’t care very much tho. Loftar’s response the last time someone brought this up amounted to “yeah shubla you should probably, uh, do something about that? If that’s convenient to you.”

Must be the only person here that makes them feel smart idk
abt79

Postby Nightdawg » Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:49 pm

Why would the client download someone else's map in your computer?

I'm not being sarcastic or anything, I'm genuinely wondering what happened there.

Random chunks usually appear when the map attatches older chunks cause it's retarded. But I don't think it's supposed to read the map files from other clients, unless it's reading from the vanilla client? I have no clue, but I am curious, have you played on another client? Have you wiped your hnh memory since last world?

I'm not defending shubla, I'm just curious about why this could happen on a technical level. That's not how "collecting extra data" works, it's not supposed to go from one client to another client lol.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower