Don't use shubla's client(Purus Pasta), it's spyware

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: Don't use shubla's client(Purus Pasta), it's spyware

Postby wojsz20 » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:28 am

Ardennesss wrote:O hey Shubla is still doing the same thing he's been doing for 3 years now and suddenly the community cares because he took one step too far over the line.

Check PM please.
wojsz20

Postby bmjclark » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:38 am

I swear Shublas just slowly working his way up to stealing accounts while seeing how many people will defend his behavior along the way. Next world he'll collect usernames for forum integration, the world after he'll grab tokens
Last edited by bmjclark on Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby shubla » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:39 am

bmjclark wrote:I swear Shublas just slowing working his way up to stealing accounts while seeing how many people will defend his behavior along the way. Next world he'll collect usernames for forum integration, the world after he'll grab tokens

Yes in W23 my client will take 90% off your monthly paycheck and there will still be 300 users. ¦]
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Astarisk » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:43 am

shubla wrote:
Undefined wrote:Everything you say is true, but a simple checkbox of "contribute to global public map (Note: this will expose your current location but will not be displayed publically)" alongside options to set your own endpoint server and mapping options would be absolutely tolerated by most people and not cause this sort of distaste.

Yes disabling it would be easy, but if it was possible to disable it, everyone will disable it. Kind of like those cookie notifications you know? Why would you press "yes", like ever? Even though not all cookies are bad. God forbid if it was disabled by default!

Opt out is to not use my client. Case closed.

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=70172
Opt out is now a feature.
IRC/IGN: Rawrz

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

Postby mamotromico » Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:48 am

Astarisk wrote:
shubla wrote:
Undefined wrote:Everything you say is true, but a simple checkbox of "contribute to global public map (Note: this will expose your current location but will not be displayed publically)" alongside options to set your own endpoint server and mapping options would be absolutely tolerated by most people and not cause this sort of distaste.

Yes disabling it would be easy, but if it was possible to disable it, everyone will disable it. Kind of like those cookie notifications you know? Why would you press "yes", like ever? Even though not all cookies are bad. God forbid if it was disabled by default!

Opt out is to not use my client. Case closed.

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=70172
Opt out is now a feature.

Nice!
mamotromico

Postby rhzk » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:09 pm

ban
rhzk

Postby Darruin » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:52 pm

shubla wrote:But then no one would send tiles, not even those who would be OK with it. Look at odditown map. Its based on volunteers, and it didn't map even nearly the whole world last time, even though the world lasted more than 1 year.

But by making that decision you're sabotaging your trustworthiness. You shouldn't force people into situations even if you believe it's better.
Darruin

Postby Ardennesss » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:17 pm

I really don't know why everyone is bringing up the ability to opt out, when data collection this intrusive should require opt in to enable. Furthermore, it should come with a very clear disclaimer that what you're sending him can be used for his own benefit.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby iamahh » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:33 pm

oh noes, look at Snail, all worried about other people's safety, ruined last world with his troll realm, because the game was not the way he wanted.... :lol:

it's typical of out times, people who preach what's good for the individual are at the same time sacrificing the collective to benefit a few individuals...

Shubla made the fast solution, the world map is pretty damn filled up, simple as that, opt-in: use the client, opt-out: don't use the client...
iamahh

Postby BoxingRock » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:39 pm

iamahh wrote:oh noes, look at Snail, all worried about other people's safety, ruined last world with his troll realm, because the game was not the way he wanted.... :lol:

it's typical of out times, people who preach what's good for the individual are at the same time sacrificing the collective to benefit a few individuals...

Shubla made the fast solution, the world map is pretty damn filled up, simple as that, opt-in: use the client, opt-out: don't use the client...

are you really trying to compare intrusively and dishonestly collecting data over a client to being a troll ingame?

yikes, this snail character must have really gotten under your skin

I hope nobody else tries to make this comparison because it is very embarrassing
"Not to say that we're in any way perfect, but for the most part, what you call "lack of communication" is simply reflective of how we develop." - loftar
BoxingRock

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower