Don't use shubla's client(Purus Pasta), it's spyware

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: Don't use shubla's client(Purus Pasta), it's spyware

Postby tripp » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:47 am

Zentetsuken wrote:
tripp wrote:so the boy who is only famous because he goes on a sprucecap murder spree is warning us about spyware?
how interesting

I'm not sure how these 2 things are related in your mind in any way?

Does somebody's actions in a video game make their ability to help identify spyware less valid?

.....Y.E.S.
tripp

Postby tripp » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:51 am

my thought is that everyone in this game falls into 2 groups

1)casuals
2)there are many names for them but lets call them competetive players

If youre a competetive player, youve had your own private custom client that only the 6 people in ur gank squad use
if youre a casual, youre not worth spying on.

lets assume shubla is POS and does spy on people, who is he spying on thats worth his time?
tripp

Postby wafflecat » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:30 pm

tripp wrote:my thought is that everyone in this game falls into 2 groups

1)casuals

If youre a competetive player, youve had your own private custom client that only the 6 people in ur gank squad use

lets assume shubla is POS and does spy on people, who is he spying on thats worth his time?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlr_sbct7zU
wafflecat

Postby cherryquartz » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:32 pm

tripp wrote:my thought is that everyone in this game falls into 2 groups

1)casuals

You dont need to assume, he has proven it time and time again.

He is collecting data from players unknowingly, its wrong. It doesnt matter who said it or why, the fact is that its wrong.
cherryquartz

Postby wolf1000wolf » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:49 pm

cherryquartz wrote:
He is collecting data from players unknowingly, its wrong. It doesnt matter who said it or why, the fact is that its wrong.

This whole premise is wrong.

The fact is, shubla "is collecting the data unknowingly" only from
1) those ppl who didn't bother doing their due diligence and
2) ppl who can't understand English.

I don't sympathize with group #1 and the case can be said nothing can really be done about group #2.
wolf1000wolf

Postby cherryquartz » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:08 pm

wolf1000wolf wrote:
cherryquartz wrote:

I don't sympathize with group #1 and the case can be said nothing can really be done about group #2.

What a stupid response, there was NO disclaimer at all until like 2 days ago when he got called out on it. So for months/years he has been collecting it without the players knowing. Im guessing you think its ok though if they dont speak english?
cherryquartz

Postby wolf1000wolf » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:29 pm

cherryquartz wrote:
wolf1000wolf wrote:
cherryquartz wrote:

What a stupid response, there was NO disclaimer at all until like 2 days ago when he got called out on it. So for months/years he has been collecting it without the players knowing. Im guessing you think its ok though if they dont speak english?

As I said, if you did your due diligence (aka joined the Discord and asked about the map feature), you would have known that the client was collecting your data and uploading to shubla's server.

As for the folks who don't speak English, that's not our responsibility. The onus is on them to either painstakingly translate everything or deal with not knowing information. I'm saying this as someone who's played games in other languages I couldn't read before.
wolf1000wolf

Postby cherryquartz » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:44 pm

wolf1000wolf wrote:
As I said, if you did your due diligence (aka joined the Discord and asked about the map feature), you would have known that the client was collecting your data and uploading to shubla's server.

As for the folks who don't speak English, that's not our responsibility. The onus is on them to either painstakingly translate everything or deal with not knowing information. I'm saying this as someone who's played games in other languages I couldn't read before.

People shouldn't have to join the discord and ask about it, especially if they had no idea it was happening. That's completely retarded. 'Join a discord and ask about something you don't know exists'. Brilliant logic, I'm going to assume you're either an alt of Shublas or one of his puppets, I don't care which to be honest, you seem to have the same issues with being a decent person as he does. Great job, i didn't think anyone else could sink that low, its quite an achievement.
cherryquartz

Postby wolf1000wolf » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:53 pm

cherryquartz wrote:
wolf1000wolf wrote:

People shouldn't have to join the discord and ask about it, especially if they had no idea it was happening. That's completely retarded. 'Join a discord and ask about something you don't know exists'. Brilliant logic, I'm going to assume you're either an alt of Shublas or one of his puppets, I don't care which to be honest, you seem to have the same issues with being a decent person as he does. Great job, i didn't think anyone else could sink that low, its quite an achievement.

I'm not the one resorting to personal attacks. It seems you have quite the personal stake in this whole thing?

I'm guessing you're either actually genuinely offended/invested in the whole data privacy issue ... in which case, fine, props to you. I hope you're also this emotionally invested in similar arguments online and are working towards fighting freedom of information legislation.

If not, then I suggest you grow a thicker skin or not get swayed by public opinion so easily.
wolf1000wolf

Postby cherryquartz » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:07 am

wolf1000wolf wrote:
cherryquartz wrote:
wolf1000wolf wrote:

I'm not the one resorting to personal attacks. It seems you have quite the personal stake in this whole thing?

I'm guessing you're either actually genuinely offended/invested in the whole data privacy issue ... in which case, fine, props to you. I hope you're also this emotionally invested in similar arguments online and are working towards fighting freedom of information legislation.

If not, then I suggest you grow a thicker skin or not get swayed by public opinion so easily.

If you think that was an attack, you should be the one growing a thicker skin.

What i don't like is when someone takes advantage of other people while simultaneously bitching about people doing things that are nowhere near as malicious as what he is doing. If you think that's OK and people should just ignore it, that's fine, but don't expect other people to. Shubla is very quick to complain about factions and anyone doing better than him, in fact, almost weekly, he offers (mostly backwards) ideas to nerf things that don't benefit him personally, he complains about botting, he has botted himself and will continue to do so, all the while he has had the biggest advantage of all. How do you feel about the code he stole and then asked for financial contributions to? Do you think that's ok too?
cherryquartz

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower