Ethically-Sourced Copy-Pasta Client.

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: Ethically-Sourced Copy-Pasta Client.

Postby loleznub » Sun May 02, 2021 3:34 pm

Shubla: If YoU dOn'T lIkE iT, oPt OuT

Astarisk: Ok, done. Here!

Community: Thanks bro!! Great job ending the unethical data collection from the client!

Shubla:

Imagine being mad about people doing what you say. Guess the devs should ignore all the shitposts into C&I by shubla since he gets mad about people doing what he says!
loleznub

Postby Astarisk » Sun May 02, 2021 9:38 pm

toylover wrote:is the client updated to latest?

Yeah it's updated to the latest. :ugeek:
IRC/IGN: Rawrz

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

Postby toylover » Mon May 03, 2021 9:44 am

Astarisk wrote:
toylover wrote:is the client updated to latest?

Yeah it's updated to the latest. :ugeek:

thanks!
toylover

Postby MadFromYourMind » Sun May 09, 2021 9:25 pm

It's strange.

After the recent updates, the client on the first link does not start. I don't catch the error, so it's just a fact.
But client file on the "quick update" link seems to work around this problem BUT now the map GUI looks like shit with the provinces button torn out and python scripts (PBot API) don't work, the console/terminal spam with error messages.

Run compile client from source from github, I get this strange error (see screenshot below) when running the distribution after compiling.
When client starts, the run ant script from IDE starts client, and I can connect game server, starting from the compilation directory by adding the run.bat file there seems to start the client, but I face a connection problem (Connection refused: Connect)

Any help.

p.s.
it's ok, I can't see link to only jar file, and now I can start client from the remaining link, but I get the same connection error.

p.p.s
Oh shit, it looks like hellish errors in bulid.xml
I confess, that I am far from programming in Java by using all these ant and writing heaps of data in their files, and lately I have been doing more JS, where convenient frameworks will do everything for you in a couple of clicks .. but this shit, this is really SHIT even for a light-virgin-coder like me.
Yes, I managed to running client by substituting the data from the .sh file, but how could I not want to look at all these keys and learn the syntax of the .xml file.
PLEASE FIX IT.
The client code is already a sight to behold, and it really hurts me just to look at it. And now I seem to know one more aspect of this wonderful game, no sarcasm, but gods, how difficult it is to change its client ...
Confess, besides the version uploaded to the GitHub/Gitlab, do you also use some of your collectors on top of this already long path, or are you uploading something you are don't using?
All this reminds me of inefficient Factorio factories ... but this still cannot be called a pasta factory, just hellishly complex and irrelevant logic ...
Every time I wanted to start modifying the client, I always faced similar errors or terrible (for me, I repeat) syntax, but I really would like to make something beautiful. But GODS ...
Attachments
error.png
error.png (16.48 KiB) Viewed 2908 times
MadFromYourMind

Postby Astarisk » Mon May 10, 2021 3:58 am

MadFromYourMind wrote:It's strange.

After the recent updates, the client on the first link does not start. I don't catch the error, so it's just a fact.
But client file on the "quick update" link seems to work around this problem BUT now the map GUI looks like shit with the provinces button torn out and python scripts (PBot API) don't work, the console/terminal spam with error messages.

If you have errors and you can't read them you can always run the client straight from a command prompt by copying and pasting whats in the .bat file (minus the start at the beginning).
I removed the "quick update" as it was entirely out of date and newer updates require changes to certain files. It's just easier to have you download the whole folder itself and run it.

MadFromYourMind wrote:Run compile client from source from github, I get this strange error (see screenshot below) when running the distribution after compiling.
When client starts, the run ant script from IDE starts client, and I can connect game server, starting from the compilation directory by adding the run.bat file there seems to start the client, but I face a connection problem (Connection refused: Connect)

I'm not entirely sure what the screenshot error is without more details. I was informed lately that the run.bat file itself doesn't seem to work on some computers (I'm guessing there was an update I missed that messed with paramaters?). It worked on mine, but with the help of Firepowi we managed to solve the issue: https://github.com/Astarisk/ethical-copypasta/issues/1
I'll be removing the run.bat file in future releases, but for now the solution seems to be to use the second bat file I have in the folder labeled as "run_with_puru_params.bat". Sorry about any issues in regards to that. Hopefully this fixes it for you as it did for him.

MadFromYourMind wrote:p.p.s
Oh shit, it looks like hellish errors in bulid.xml

There should be no errors with the build.xml as far as I'm aware. If you need more explanation or help in compiling the client just let me know.
MadFromYourMind wrote:The client code is already a sight to behold, and it really hurts me just to look at it. And now I seem to know one more aspect of this wonderful game, no sarcasm, but gods, how difficult it is to change its client ...

The difficulty ranges on how well you know the architecture of the client and scope of the changes you want to do. If you are newish to Java it may come as a monumental change compared to that of javascript.

MadFromYourMind wrote:Confess, besides the version uploaded to the GitHub/Gitlab, do you also use some of your collectors on top of this already long path, or are you uploading something you are don't using?
All this reminds me of inefficient Factorio factories ... but this still cannot be called a pasta factory, just hellishly complex and irrelevant logic ...

What's uploaded to github is the only version of this client I have. There is no collectors in this. This version of the Pasta Client is the exact same as the original with the automatic uploading removed. You browse through the commits and see what I have done.

MadFromYourMind wrote:Every time I wanted to start modifying the client, I always faced similar errors or terrible (for me, I repeat) syntax, but I really would like to make something beautiful. But GODS ...

It will take some practice and understanding to start working on this client. If you have any questions in regards to coding the client feel free to post them. If you have more in depth questions you may also join Shubla's discord and ask him yourself.

Hope I was able to resolve your issues. Let me know if anything further happens.

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

Postby MadFromYourMind » Mon May 10, 2021 8:45 am

Thank very much for detailed answer!

Astarisk wrote:I'm not entirely sure what the screenshot error is without more details. I was informed lately that the run.bat file itself doesn't seem to work on some computers (I'm guessing there was an update I missed that messed with paramaters?). It worked on mine, but with the help of Firepowi we managed to solve the issue: https://github.com/Astarisk/ethical-copypasta/issues/1
I'll be removing the run.bat file in future releases, but for now the solution seems to be to use the second bat file I have in the folder labeled as "run_with_puru_params.bat". Sorry about any issues in regards to that. Hopefully this fixes it for you as it did for him.

Yes, the connection error seems to match the issues provided. My run .bat looks the same now and everything works.

Astarisk wrote:There should be no errors with the build.xml as far as I'm aware. If you need more explanation or help in compiling the client just let me know.

Maybe I am creating a distributive client incorrectly, at the moment I am using the `dist` ant script.
The problem with this approach is that the resulting archive does not contain the .jar-file of the lib directory, as soon as they were added, the error in the screenshot disappeared and I was able to running client.
.xml currently contains the following distribution build script:
Code: Select all
<target name="dist" depends="jars, doc">
   <zip destfile="build/dist.zip" update="true">
      <fileset dir="build" includes="*hafen.jar, defaultAlarms, alarms/*, scripts/**"/>
         <zipfileset dir="build/lib" includes="gson-2.8.5.jar slf4j-api.jar slf4j-simple.jar jackson-core.jar sentry-4.3.0.jar py4j-0.10.9.2.jar json.jar sqlite-jdbc-3.32.3.2.jar pasta-res.jar alarms" prefix="lib/"/>
   </zip>
</target>

Where 1 line was replaced by me, to add all missing .jar:
Code: Select all
<zipfileset dir="build/lib" includes="**.jar alarms" prefix="lib/"/>

p.s
I don't like the fact that .xml uses copies the same lines multiple, which is why my problem arose.
My fix was temporary and later I seem to still study the .xml device in more detail and reformat it. I am currently not using any other build scripts, only ant.
MadFromYourMind

Postby Ceigo » Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:52 pm

Not using the client, but wanted to say that it's notable move and some people appreciate it heavily. Good job op.
Ceigo

Postby kirion » Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:08 am

Been a while, is this client still maintained?
kirion

Postby Nightdawg » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:13 am

kirion wrote:Been a while, is this client still maintained?

Wasn't this done just to show what code needs to be removed in case someone wants to not be tracked?
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Astarisk » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:56 am

kirion wrote:Been a while, is this client still maintained?

I'll get it up to date before the weekend. I forgot about this as updates to the original were paused for a bit -- new world hype brings this back to my attention.

Astarisk

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower