Ethically-Sourced Copy-Pasta Client.

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: Ethical Copy-Pasta Client.

Postby hunterdyl » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:26 pm

shubla wrote:
loftar wrote: obvious about it in your client thread?

Well after some thoughts I decided to add this to launcher. No way that people would miss it now, right?

That's still not upfront in your thread, that is after they have already downloaded your software.
hunterdyl

Postby Astarisk » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:27 pm

shubla wrote:

Well after some thoughts I decided to add this to launcher. No way that people would miss it now, right?

I feel that should include the information being sent as oppose to being so vague. It should also include a check box that is opt-in instead of just forcing the user into it. But if that doesn't please most people they are most welcome to grab Ethical Copy-Pasta. You should keep your client updates to your thread! I wouldn't want people to confuse the two.
IRC/IGN: Rawrz

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

Postby mulamishne » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:28 pm

shubla wrote:

I mean this would be better.

Haven and Hearth discord (by far the most popular, we even banned the Retards, Pedophiles and dumb Wiki-admins): https://discord.com/invite/rb3Ufnvwxf
mulamishne

Postby Vraatjuh » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:30 pm

mulamishne wrote:
shubla wrote:

I mean this would be better.

But why? He feels that people who use his client are to contribute to the population of Haven as whole by sending in map tiles and food data.
If you don't want to do that, don't use his client?

I'd say he has every right for it to be forced opt-in, as long as it's obvious before you play. Which I think he did now.
You could argue he should add it visibly in his thread on the forum, but you can't really miss this.
Vraatjuh

Postby shubla » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:35 pm

hunterdyl wrote:
shubla wrote:

That's still not upfront in your thread, that is after they have already downloaded your software.

Well what should it be? Something like this on first row?
THIS CLIENT IS SPYWARE, BEWARE

If you read the whole forum post, there is explanation.
Before you launch the client, there is very visible disclaimer.

They are definitely enough. Any more accusations about it not being clear enough are just fucking around.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby ULGMsean » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:35 pm

Vraatjuh wrote:If you don't want to do that, don't use his client?

This right here.
マイルズ
ULGMsean

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:36 pm

shubla wrote:THIS CLIENT IS SPYWARE, BEWARE

this would likely be the most honest way to represent it
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Astarisk » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:39 pm

shubla wrote:They are definitely enough. Any more accusations about it not being clear enough are just fucking around.

Once again this problem does not exist in my client, please take the discussion to the previous thread (linked in the first post) or to your own thread. You are making it hard to see any issues that people may have.
IRC/IGN: Rawrz

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

Postby loftar » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:39 pm

hunterdyl wrote:That's still not upfront in your thread, that is after they have already downloaded your software.

It is probably better there than in the thread. It doesn't get lost in the wall of text, and it is still presented before any information is sent.

SnuggleSnail wrote:this would likely be the most honest way to represent it

Cool down.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby shubla » Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:40 pm

Astarisk wrote:[
I feel that should include the information being sent as oppose to being so vague. It should also include a check box that is opt-in instead of just forcing the user into it. But if that doesn't please most people they are most welcome to grab Ethical Copy-Pasta. You should keep your client updates to your thread! I wouldn't want people to confuse the two.

If somebody is blind enough not to read it while the client does it lengthy downloads, he has maybe earned his lost privacy or whatever.

Opt out will not be added, maybe button that closes the launcher for lols if something. People who want to opt out can use different clients ie. this one, and feel the heavy load on their conscience about using these services but not contributing to them.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower