Ethically-Sourced Copy-Pasta Client.

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: Ethical Copy-Pasta Client.

Postby loftar » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:07 pm

BoxingRock wrote:The devs have stated it nearly 100 times and the entire community recognizes that it has been shubla's top priority and practically his daily routine to upset the community with his endless forum trolling and shenanigans.

Not sure exactly what words you're trying to put into my mouth, but just to be clear, I don't think all Shubla's takes are bad. As long as you don't take them completely at face value, they often have some sort of interesting point to them.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby cherryquartz » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:20 pm

azrid wrote:
cherryquartz wrote:Are you talking about the world map that he stole from Alg? That world map? The one he asks people to donate to, when Alg has never asked for a penny?
Shubla has no morals at all, more fool the people that choose to download the client.

His client made it possible for the noobs to see the world map earlier. He notifies you what you are getting into when you read his client launcher.
Unconventional methods but exceptional results.
I never understood the hate for donations.
Any content creator deserves a donation button where people can throw money into its pretty common these days too.
You say steal I say improve.

Theres clearly some kind of past grudge for some of these anti shubla people. I know from experience Haven players can be very petty and unforgiving.

You know why so many people are 'anti shubla'? Because he has repeatedly done crappy things then acts like the victim.
He was asking for donations for work that he STOLE, he didn't create the content, he stole it from someone and passed it off as his own then had the nerve to ask to be paid for it. The person he stole it from had been hosting the map for years and didn't ask for a penny.

He only added in the disclaimer after he got called out for it, until then he was perfectly happy to do it without anyone having any idea, he is dishonest, lacks morals and is a spoiled brat, THAT'S why people dislike him.

If you honestly believe he is doing anything 'for the good of the community', you're an idiot. He has a highly inflated ego and the only person he is out to help is himself.
cherryquartz

Postby wolf1000wolf » Mon Apr 05, 2021 2:20 am

cherryquartz wrote:
If you honestly believe he is doing anything 'for the good of the community', you're an idiot. He has a highly inflated ego and the only person he is out to help is himself.

So basically, shubla is a politician of HnH but he actually does fulfill his election promises.

With our choices of crappy politicians, I'd rather choose the one that gives us lowly voters benefits. The other choices have no benefits or only demerits you know?
wolf1000wolf

Postby Astarisk » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:35 am

loftar wrote:
Astarisk wrote:Here is the commit (I know its not entirely clean, please no judgement).
https://github.com/Astarisk/ethical-cop ... 384ecab723

Code cleanliness standards aside, I do think that if the whole point of this client is to clear it of what you consider to be controversial code, the changes should at least not be washed out by broad-sweeping reformatting and indentation changes.

You are absolutely right, I had not considered what the commit would look like from an outside eye. I went back and re-did it all so it is much more obvious instead of the commit showing a wild range of changes.
This commit can be found here: https://github.com/Astarisk/ethical-cop ... c38c47ea3c

The one in the quote is the old one as I've updated the top post to direct to the new one. That aside any issues with spacing is not my fault at this point and is driving me to wanna run it through a linter xd
IRC/IGN: Rawrz

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

Re: Ethicaly-Sourced Copy-Pasta Client.

Postby Astarisk » Mon Apr 05, 2021 6:59 am

I have updated the original post to include a quick FAQ answering some of more frequent questions I've received over the last day. The client was updated to include a cleaner removal and a new run.bat file, but updating it right now is not necessary.
The new bat file just lets the client run with the parameters Shubla defined in his client -- Which means if your maps and markers didn't transfer over you'll want this (or alternatively you can read the FAQ for the text to create your own and save bandwidth). If you have any other questions, comments or concerns feel free to post them below. If there is a small feature you may have wanted you can also chip that in and maybe I'll add it in on a rainy day. For the future I'll look into the possibility of just using an auto updater so I can keep this up to data with minimal effort until the original is made to be an opt-in system.

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

Postby shubla » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:13 am

Does this client have opt in? If not, this feels like more of an attempt at a personal attack than any kind of service to community :roll:
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Astarisk » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:18 am

shubla wrote:Does this client have opt in? If not, this feels like more of an attempt at a personal attack than any kind of service to community :roll:

If they want an opt-in they are more than free to use your client. I'd appreciate it if you did not de-rail my thread.

Astarisk

Postby shubla » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:20 am

Astarisk wrote:
shubla wrote:Does this client have opt in? If not, this feels like more of an attempt at a personal attack than any kind of service to community :roll:

If they want an opt-in they are more than free to use your client. I'd appreciate it if you did not de-rail my thread.

This thread is very good way to make purus pasta closed source with some kind of drm to force sending maptiles and all downloadables very obfuscated.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
shubla

Postby Astarisk » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:23 am

shubla wrote:
Astarisk wrote:

This thread is very good way to make purus pasta closed source with some kind of drm to force sending maptiles and all downloadables very obfuscated.

You are more than free to remove your client from the forums. I'm sure Loftar will handle that situation appropriately. I stand by my stance on the matter. You should focus your effort on more productive tasks, like dealing with the atrocious performance your client provides to the end users ( It seriously cuts my FPS in half and I shall hopefully provide a fix for the users of the Ethically Sourced Client) or adding in the aforementioned opt-in options.

Astarisk

Postby shubla » Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:25 am

[quote="Astarisk"][/quote]
Says the man who has private client and refuses to share it with community. All private clients should be banned and their developers and users also banned. You are not the good guy, but a mere villain.
shubla

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower