Run HaH on MAC OS

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Run HaH on MAC OS

Postby graara1 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:20 pm

Hello everyone.
My question is same as subject of this topic :
Is it possible to run HaH on MAC OS(Big Sur 11.2.1)?
If yes, how?I can't find old topics on this theme...
May be I have to install additional soft to run ".bat" ...
graara1

Re: Run HaH on MAC OS

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:51 am

I'm not at all familiar with the different builds and names for the same operating system (be it Mac, Android, whatever). There is a recent thread in Bugs about Macs and issues with the OpenGL API that is being used. There was also an older thread that no longer seems to be an issue.

Before posting in Bugs, please make sure issues can be replicated with the standard client. Issues with client mods need to be taken up with the creator.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Fostik » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:10 pm

I have successfully launched current Ender, Vanilla, and Amber (when it was functional) clients on mac with BigSur
The only problem you can face is finding a proper version of JDK(because JRE doesn't have executable java so you can't launch client from script), when old render client required Java 8, so it was required to install `adoptedopenjdk` package from brew cask, but as I'm aware, new render client is compatible with Java 15, it's JDK is free to use.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby graara1 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:44 pm

Fostik wrote:I have successfully launched current Ender, Vanilla, and Amber (when it was functional) clients on mac with BigSur
The only problem you can face is finding a proper version of JDK(because JRE doesn't have executable java so you can't launch client from script), when old render client required Java 8, so it was required to install `adoptedopenjdk` package from brew cask, but as I'm aware, new render client is compatible with Java 15, it's JDK is free to use.

What do mean by "new render client"?
It is working on native client.(without anything)
Is there any custom clients that will work on mac os?
If i remember correcly, my previous client were amber for MAC OS, it were little diferent than usual amber.
graara1

Return to The Wizards' Tower