Blue Merchant's Robe

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Blue Merchant's Robe

Postby Phaen » Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:58 pm

Back in legacytimes, I made a simple reskin of the merchant's robe because I don't like the color magenta. It was a deep puplish blue (my favorite).

This is the thread where I will post my amateurish attempts to reskin the Hafen merchant's robe. I have never done 3D model/texture work before, so advice is welcome. When I eventually succeed I will share the results in an edit to this post 8-)
Phaen

Re: Blue Merchant's Robe

Postby Ignurof » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:00 pm

Phaen wrote:Back in legacytimes, I made a simple reskin of the merchant's robe because I don't like the color magenta. It was a deep puplish blue (my favorite).

This is the thread where I will post my amateurish attempts to reskin the Hafen merchant's robe. I have never done 3D model/texture work before, so advice is welcome. When I eventually succeed I will share the results in an edit to this post 8-)

Looking forward to see it!
Ignurof

Postby Austinh15 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:22 pm

Please god I actually don't like wearing the merchant's robe because of this.
Austinh15

Postby AntiBlitz » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:32 pm

if anything, this thread just opens up the point that we have multi-colored animals, and yet, our clothes are still the same colors. dyes when?
AntiBlitz

Postby mvgulik » Sat Apr 24, 2021 5:29 am

Phaen wrote:I have never done 3D model/texture work before

Unless you like to do the painting in an actual 3d environment (gives potential best result I figure), you don't need the object mesh.
Just recoloring the mapped image that is used should do it. Although those mapped images are kinda awkward when it comes to doing manual 2d painting/recoloring on them.
mvgulik

Postby Phaen » Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:46 am

mvgulik wrote:Unless you like to do the painting in an actual 3d environment (gives potential best result I figure), you don't need the object mesh.
Just recoloring the mapped image that is used should do it. Although those mapped images are kinda awkward when it comes to doing manual 2d painting/recoloring on them.

That's great news!

So the first thing I did was look inside the autohaven.jar file and I have no idea what I'm looking at. I remember there used to be a /res/ folder I could poke around in.

Where did it go? Maybe it's only on custom clients?

So I went and got Ender's. It's a lot easier to install these days, nice. I dunno why I didn't do it sooner... I guess I wanted to feel out how many changes the devs have made to the default client.

Then I found this thread so I downloaded the source to check out later.

The instructions still make reference to a res folder....

Edit: OK I found the res folder!!
New problem: there is no merchant robe in that folder because it only downloads res files for the things on my screen :lol: this might have to wait until the silk is done, unless someone wants to send me the res files? These are the ones I used last time:

• res\paginae\craft\merchantrobe.res used as an icon when selecting merchant robe from the crafting menu
  • res\gfx\borka\cloak-merchant\ what it looks like while wearing the item (multiple files)
  • res\gfx\invobjs\cloak-merchant.res what you see when the item is in your inventory or a container
  • res\gfx\invobjs\small\cloak-merchant.res for the crafting window and the slots on the sides of the equip window
  • res\gfx\terobjs\items\cloak-merchant.res what you see when you drop the item
  • res\gfx\hud\equip\female\cloak-merchant.res for the portraits and equip windows of female players
  • res\gfx\hud\equip\male\cloak-merchant.res for the portraits and equip windows of male players
Phaen

Postby mvgulik » Sat Apr 24, 2021 2:26 pm

Yea, "autohaven.jar" has no res folder. As far as I know Its just for updating and/or starting the client.

Not sure if Haven still has/uses some jar'd res-archive files. Probebly not, and it would only contain a small set of res files.

The res-folder-struckture is still the same though. And one can use that to pull the needed files directly from the game server.
Important to know it that there are two different URL's in this case.

1) "http://game.havenandhearth.com/mt/r/..."
Which is for images only. Like the in-game inventory image of the merchants robe.
These images are, as far as I know, also included in the related res file itself.

2) "http://game.havenandhearth.com/res/..."
Which contains only res files
The ".res" extension is optional, but not required. Helps with saving them locally with a ".res" extention.

So for the merchants robe image one would use:
http://www.havenandhearth.com/mt/r/gfx/invobjs/merchantsrobe
(No image extension. Your browser will detect that it is an image, and what image format (generaly))

And for the res file one would have used:
"http://game.havenandhearth.com/hres/gfx/borka/merchantsrobe"
But ... the merchants robe is now split up into different parts/res-files.

The one's I know about are:
.../gfx/borka/merchantsrobe-body
.../gfx/borka/merchantsrobe-collar
.../gfx/borka/merchantsrobe-cuffs
.../gfx/borka/merchantsrobe-hem
.../gfx/borka/merchantsrobe-kjol
- - -
And of course:
.../gfx/invobjs/merchantsrobe
.../gfx/invobjs/small/merchantsrobe
- - -
".../equip/..." path is no longer used.
- - -
loftar wrote:

Not sure if that's your only problem, but that's the URL for the pre-render resources. The new one is just res instead of hres.
Last edited by mvgulik on Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
mvgulik

Postby tazu » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:49 pm

Image Image
can do it for u tbh, works or more blueish?
tazu

Postby shubla » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:52 pm

tazu wrote:Image Image
can do it for u tbh, works or more blueish?

I think thats more like purple than blue.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby wafflecat » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:54 pm

mvgulik wrote:2) "http://game.havenandhearth.com/hres/..."
Which contains only res files
The ".res" extension is optional, but not required. Helps with saving them locally with a ".res" extention.

hres is the old one, use res for new render resources
wafflecat

Next

Return to The Wizards' Tower