Blue Merchant's Robe

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: Blue Merchant's Robe

Postby Astarisk » Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:08 pm

To help put everything that have been said together here, I'll give you the missing piece to the equation if you haven't discovered it yet. You will need a utility to extract the res files. Fortunately Textures have been done, unfortunately I don't think anyone has made one for the 3D models yet that fully work. That portion is still very much on my long TODO list. The easiest tool out there I know of can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=57708
He has directions there to build the tool or use the command line version, I know the pu.ush link for his pre-built one is expired. I have a dropbox link of an old copy of it from long ago : https://www.dropbox.com/s/ob265h7b8nqf6 ... rt.7z?dl=0

The process is simple, grab the res file. Put it in the appropriate folder, load the utility and extract the texture as a png. Edit the png, Load it into the utility and remake the res. You then place that res in whatever jar or custom-res folder the client you are using supports.

I do believe it should still work for items like merchant robes despite the tool being a bit dated, but it is pretty simple to use.

If you have any other questions or issues I can lend a hand.

edit: Also its Roman purple not magenta....
IRC/IGN: Rawrz

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

Re: Blue Merchant's Robe

Postby mvgulik » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:06 am

wafflecat wrote:
mvgulik wrote:2) "http://game.havenandhearth.com/hres/..."
Which contains only res files
The ".res" extension is optional, but not required. Helps with saving them locally with a ".res" extention.

hres is the old one, use res for new render resources

It is ? ...
... Roger that !
loftar wrote:

Not sure if that's your only problem, but that's the URL for the pre-render resources. The new one is just res instead of hres.
mvgulik

Previous

Return to The Wizards' Tower