Working on a new client

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: Working on a new client

Postby vatas » Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:20 am

shubla wrote:
AlexNT wrote:
APXEOLOG wrote: took me 3k lines of code to implement with zero code reuse from the original client (I'm talking about networking, resource handling, message processing, remote UI, and maintaining the "game world state" visible to the client)

Would you mind sharing how you handled the code that is loaded as part of resources ( InfoFactory Resource.getcode() )? Looking at the client code, this is the biggest pain point for me as of now.

You manually implement every single class like that, that's the trick. I've tried to persuade loftar to make the code files part of the client but he refuses.

In case people have missed it, this was recently granted.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Re: Working on a new client

Postby telum12 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:33 pm

vatas wrote:-snip-
In case people have missed it, this was recently granted.

It was not. You are misunderstanding the change.

This thread should be locked. The dude was just trying to make a quick buck by monetizing a client, but did not have the experience or competence to follow through.

Kwing wrote:Hi OP,

Here is my attempt to write new client from scratch.
https://github.com/alloploha/HHSwarm
Take any part of the code you need.

As noted by someone - use Unity. Separate GUI from network and from game model.
As per "executable resources" - the only option is to manually replicate and maintain them. Don't use Java. Java is dead.
I agree that original codebase design is the main issue of 99% of problems with stability and performance.

--
Sincerely,
Me

Christ, why are there so many dumbasses with this take
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

Previous

Return to The Wizards' Tower