Nurgling - Custom client

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: Nurgling - Custom client

Postby MDDrozD » Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:07 pm

For some reason im lacking big chunk of interface like meters, bottom ui and such. When i press alt+f12 client crushes.
Any sugestions?
java_ffQGbhgR3o.jpg
java_ffQGbhgR3o.jpg (234.96 KiB) Viewed 665 times
MDDrozD

Postby Ø » Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:16 pm

MDDrozD wrote:For some reason im lacking big chunk of interface like meters, bottom ui and such. When i press alt+f12 client crushes.
Any sugestions?
java_ffQGbhgR3o.jpg

Are you using any kind of scaling? In Windows if you use scaling you will need to change the properties on javaw.exe > DPI... > Application...

You might not be able to see everything. I could be wrong about what you're experiencing since I don't use this client. It looks like scaling issue, though.
Ø

Postby MDDrozD » Sun Jan 21, 2024 11:22 pm

Ø wrote:
MDDrozD wrote:For some reason im lacking big chunk of interface like meters, bottom ui and such. When i press alt+f12 client crushes.
Any sugestions?
java_ffQGbhgR3o.jpg

Are you using any kind of scaling? In Windows if you use scaling you will need to change the properties on javaw.exe > DPI... > Application...

You might not be able to see everything. I could be wrong about what you're experiencing since I don't use this client. It looks like scaling issue, though.

Thanks for trying to help.
I didn`t use any scaliing in OS. But i`m using Ender client on my main and there im using UI scaling. I tried to change it but it didn`t help.
Also, i dont think that is good thing that different clients using same resources, maybe that is a problem in some way idk. I mean for example Nurgling share same settings with Ender, so when i change smthng in one client another aplyes those setings too.
MDDrozD

Postby Ø » Mon Jan 22, 2024 6:21 am

MDDrozD wrote:
Ø wrote:
Any sugestions?
java_ffQGbhgR3o.jpg

Thanks for trying to help.
I didn`t use any scaliing in OS. But i`m using Ender client on my main and there im using UI scaling. I tried to change it but it didn`t help.
Also, i dont think that is good thing that different clients using same resources, maybe that is a problem in some way idk. I mean for example Nurgling share same settings with Ender, so when i change smthng in one client another aplyes those setings too.

Hmmm... Sorry I was unable to help. Maybe with the additional information someone may be able to help you out.

Best of luck
Ø

Postby beheddy » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:01 pm

The yellow bounding boxes for trees and stumps disappeared after the last update. It's hard to move with natural objects hidden.
beheddy

Postby beheddy » Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:53 pm

The overlay of the average of stacks disappeared.
The client crashes opening a container with gems.

haven: warning: local copy of haven.res.ui.tt.slots.Fac (fetched from ui/tt/slots v28) is overridden by code from ui/tt/slots v30; please refer to doc/resource-code
haven: warning: local copy of haven.res.ui.tt.slots.ISlots (fetched from ui/tt/slots v28) is overridden by code from ui/tt/slots v30; please refer to doc/resource-code
haven: warning: local copy of haven.res.ui.tt.slots.ISlots$SItem (fetched from ui/tt/slots v28) is overridden by code from ui/tt/slots v30; please refer to doc/resource-code
haven: warning: local copy of haven.res.lib.tspec.Spec (fetched from lib/tspec v4) is overridden by code from lib/tspec v5; please refer to doc/resource-code
haven: warning: local copy of haven.res.ui.tt.stackn.StackName (fetched from ui/tt/stackn v2) is overridden by code from ui/tt/stackn v3; please refer to doc/resource-code
haven: warning: local copy of haven.res.ui.tt.q.starred.Starred (fetched from ui/tt/q/starred v2) is overridden by code from ui/tt/q/starred v3; please refer to doc/resource-code
haven: warning: local copy of haven.res.ui.tt.q.starred.Starred$1 (fetched from ui/tt/q/starred v2) is overridden by code from ui/tt/q/starred v3; please refer to doc/resource-code
haven: warning: local copy of haven.res.gfx.invobjs.gems.gemstone.Gemstone (fetched from gfx/invobjs/gems/gemstone v50) is overridden by code from gfx/invobjs/gems/gemstone v52; please refer to doc/resource-code
haven: warning: local copy of haven.res.gfx.invobjs.meat.Meat (fetched from gfx/invobjs/meat v23) is overridden by code from gfx/invobjs/meat v24; please refer to doc/resource-code
haven: warning: local copy of haven.res.lib.layspr.Layered (fetched from lib/layspr v15) is overridden by code from lib/layspr v16; please refer to doc/resource-code
haven: warning: local copy of haven.res.lib.layspr.Image (fetched from lib/layspr v15) is overridden by code from lib/layspr v16; please refer to doc/resource-code
haven: warning: local copy of haven.res.lib.layspr.Layer (fetched from lib/layspr v15) is overridden by code from lib/layspr v16; please refer to doc/resource-code
haven: warning: local copy of haven.res.lib.layspr.Layered$1 (fetched from lib/layspr v15) is overridden by code from lib/layspr v16; please refer to doc/resource-code
haven: warning: local copy of haven.res.lib.layspr.Animation (fetched from lib/layspr v15) is overridden by code from lib/layspr v16; please refer to doc/resource-code
Exception in thread "Haven UI thread" java.lang.RuntimeException: Item resource gfx/invobjs/gems/gemstone(v52) is missing default tooltip
at haven.res.ui.tt.defn.DefName.getname(DefName.java:19)
at nurgling.NGItem.tick(NGItem.java:120)
at haven.Widget.tick(Widget.java:721)
at nurgling.NInventory.tick(NInventory.java:689)
at haven.GameUI.tick(GameUI.java:1157)
at nurgling.NGameUI.tick(NGameUI.java:338)
at haven.UI.tick(UI.java:220)
at nurgling.NUI.tick(NUI.java:60)
at haven.GLPanel$Loop.run(GLPanel.java:372)
at haven.JOGLPanel.run(JOGLPanel.java:246)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:1583)
beheddy

Postby DoctorCookie » Tue Feb 27, 2024 5:28 pm

Is this client currently broken? I have tried to use all the launchers in the folder, with varying success, all either crashing or not loading the game completely. Updater8 gets furthest into the game but I am just frozen with the ground not rendered. Thanks for all the effort.
DoctorCookie

Postby caz » Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:01 pm

DoctorCookie wrote:Is this client currently broken? I have tried to use all the launchers in the folder, with varying success, all either crashing or not loading the game completely. Updater8 gets furthest into the game but I am just frozen with the ground not rendered. Thanks for all the effort.

As far as I am aware it hasn't been patched to match loftar's recent updates, and not sure when/if it will be.
It may be worth checking out the discord, as it also has additional installation troubleshooting info. https://discord.gg/eYZ2dVJm
The client currently doesn't crash often for me, unless I open cupboards or containers.
caz

Previous

Return to The Wizards' Tower