Yoink Pasta - Purus Pasta fork

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Yoink Pasta - Purus Pasta fork

Postby Bartekc8888 » Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:31 pm

Temporary unofficial continuation of Purus Pasta / Ethical Pasta

Client based on https://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=43840 but without hidden map tracking / food service / other online features

Contains features of Purus Pasta plus some of my experiments like:
    speed display
    another bot window for groovy scripts (and some builtin java scripts)
    food history for current fep (need to be enabled in options)
    fixed timer (again)
    auto pick override when holding shift
    etc.

Some features and keybindings for it (most can be also found in settings)
Nightvision CTRL + N
Grid CTRL + G
Hide CTRL + H
Bounding boxes SHIFT + B
Walk with object in cursor CTRL + left click
Drop item over water ALT + left click
Object resource info CTRL + SHIFT + hover over (needs to be enabled first SHIFT + I)
Crude measure tool CTRL + L
Simple pathfinder CTRL + S
Pickup closest critter / herb Q
Action search from vanilla CTRL + Z
Map window CTRL + A
Camera type cycling CTRL + C
Growth stages CTRL + P
Running speed SHIFT + Q / W / E / R
Animal radius toggle SHIFT + D

Check Options -> Pasta Settings for feature list and their toggles

Added opt-in mapping from ender client, need to be set up in configuration
https://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=67298
https://github.com/andyleap/hnh-map/
(remember to add server port to address)

Requires at least Java 17 (not included with client). You can download it for example from here https://adoptium.net/temurin/releases/?os=windows&version=17&arch=x64 (btw, you most likely need x64 not x86)
(Some people are reporting issues with jdk 21)
Python scripts does not seem to work with newer python version try some older version (It should work with 3.8)

Latest release: https://gitlab.com/api/v4/projects/25789188/jobs/5566538835/artifacts/yoink-pasta-1.9.2.zip
Javadocs: https://gitlab.com/api/v4/projects/25789188/jobs/5566538835/artifacts/javadoc-1.9.2.zip
Source code: https://gitlab.com/groax/purus-pasta-2
Other releases can be found here: https://gitlab.com/groax/purus-pasta-2/-/releases
After downloading newer version remember to also move your alarm config / scripts.

I'm no longer actively working on this client, sorry
I might still do some maintenance
Last edited by Bartekc8888 on Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:31 pm, edited 52 times in total.
Bartekc8888

Re: Yoink Pasta - Purus Pasta fork

Postby khajios » Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:09 pm

Tried it out, just wanted to post the issues I ran into.

First, I had major issues launching this on Java 17.0.5. Game was constantly locking up, logging in took a while. Every time I tried to choose a character it would be a dice roll to see if it would manage it. Sometimes I loaded in with the ground textures missing, once I got in fine but the game lagged badly, sometimes it just sat at a black screen forever telling me it was loading some texture.
I updated to the latest version of 17 and it didn't help. Updated to java 21 and the issue went away completely.

Second, I was having issues with scaling that I do not generally have with other clients, which happened with any version of java. Purus client didn't cause it for me, and Enders beta doesn't cause it either.
I am on 4k and have a slight amount of scaling applied in windows. This results in the client rendering graphics in a shrunken incorrect size in the lower left area of the screen.
This causes where you click to not match up with the graphics, which is an issue.
I was able to resolve this easily myself by navigating to java.exe and javaw.exe to set them to system scaling, but it would be best if that could be resolved on the client end.
I assume this is just a flag that is passed in some way when launching, but I am not sure what the flag would be.

If you are looking for features people would want, it would be cool to see the Mapping v4 implementation like Enders has. It is very convenient for small groups like mine to be able to spin up a docker container, point everyone's clients at it, and have working maps for your village.
More info: I believe it is this in the Ender codebase
https://github.com/EnderWiggin/hafen-cl ... ions/mapv4
Probably with some related changes in the commits for those files.
Thread for the mapper is viewtopic.php?f=49&t=67298
I tried this myself a couple days ago and it still seems to work perfectly fine.

Thanks for working on a functional public client right before the world reset!
khajios

Postby Bartekc8888 » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:14 am

khajios wrote:Tried it out, just wanted to post the issues I ran into.

First, I had major issues launching this on Java 17.0.5. Game was constantly locking up, logging in took a while. Every time I tried to choose a character it would be a dice roll to see if it would manage it. Sometimes I loaded in with the ground textures missing, once I got in fine but the game lagged badly, sometimes it just sat at a black screen forever telling me it was loading some texture.
I updated to the latest version of 17 and it didn't help. Updated to java 21 and the issue went away completely.

hmm, it would be very weird if it was really caused by java version itself. Maybe the connection to server was very slow and few tries to launch on java 17 cached enough resources to then launch fine on 21.
If other people run in the same issues i guess i can change recomended java in the first post.
Anyway, glad that it worked eventually.

khajios wrote:Second, I was having issues with scaling that I do not generally have with other clients, which happened with any version of java. Purus client didn't cause it for me, and Enders beta doesn't cause it either.
I am on 4k and have a slight amount of scaling applied in windows. This results in the client rendering graphics in a shrunken incorrect size in the lower left area of the screen.
This causes where you click to not match up with the graphics, which is an issue.
I was able to resolve this easily myself by navigating to java.exe and javaw.exe to set them to system scaling, but it would be best if that could be resolved on the client end.
I assume this is just a flag that is passed in some way when launching, but I am not sure what the flag would be.

yeah, on windows it was missing jvm argument. I changed them to be the same as in ethical pasta and it seems to be working better now on 4k screen.
It launches centered and then we can change interface scalling in options and it looks to be working fine after restart.
The change is included in 1.0.4 version

khajios wrote:If you are looking for features people would want, it would be cool to see the Mapping v4 implementation like Enders has. It is very convenient for small groups like mine to be able to spin up a docker container, point everyone's clients at it, and have working maps for your village.
I tried this myself a couple days ago and it still seems to work perfectly fine.

It was already implemented in pasta but was quite controversial because it was by default sending stuff to Shubla servers.
I will think about it, might bring it back as an opt-in with user configurable server address to allow private upload
Bartekc8888

Postby Hickupp » Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:32 am

Client general improvement suggestion.

Whenever you move a in-game-window (for which its position is remembered. ie: most) the client seems to continuously save the new position while your moving the window around. Triggering a lot of seemingly unnecessary disk activity (and also kinda slowing down the game screen updating).

Would make the client feel more mature if that behavior could be ironed out (somehow, if possible).

(Using Linux Mint 20.3 myself (which is generally pretty smart with its disk actions) in case it might matter)
Hickupp

Postby vatas » Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:27 am

Hickupp wrote:Client general improvement suggestion.

Whenever you move a in-game-window (for which its position is remembered. ie: most) the client seems to continuously save the new position while your moving the window around. Triggering a lot of seemingly unnecessary disk activity (and also kinda slowing down the game screen updating).

Would make the client feel more mature if that behavior could be ironed out (somehow, if possible).

(Using Linux Mint 20.3 myself (which is generally pretty smart with its disk actions) in case it might matter)

There was a possibly related bug where equipment screen updated the custom stat extension every frame, significantly killing FPS when it was open.

Nurgling has bit of an opposite issue where it's bit unclear when the window position change is saved, often close the client (or maybe it crash) and come back to unsaved window positions.

Some compromise could be to save window positions once every 5 minutes?
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Bartekc8888 » Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:53 am

khajios wrote:If you are looking for features people would want, it would be cool to see the Mapping v4 implementation like Enders has. It is very convenient for small groups like mine to be able to spin up a docker container, point everyone's clients at it, and have working maps for your village.

Yoinked that mapper from ender and set it up as opt-in with customizable server address. For now without markers configuration. It seems to work with local instance.

Hickupp wrote:Whenever you move a in-game-window (for which its position is remembered. ie: most) the client seems to continuously save the new position while your moving the window around. Triggering a lot of seemingly unnecessary disk activity (and also kinda slowing down the game screen updating).

Changed it so it saves position when you let go of window, should be much better now.
Bartekc8888

Postby vatas » Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:48 pm

Bartekc8888 wrote:
Hickupp wrote:Whenever you move a in-game-window (for which its position is remembered. ie: most) the client seems to continuously save the new position while your moving the window around. Triggering a lot of seemingly unnecessary disk activity (and also kinda slowing down the game screen updating).

Changed it so it saves position when you let go of window, should be much better now.

The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Bartekc8888 » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:12 pm

vatas wrote:There was a possibly related bug where equipment screen updated the custom stat extension every frame, significantly killing FPS when it was open.

btw, i just checked that, it seems fine in this client. It only recalculates stats when equipment changes.
Bartekc8888

Postby khajios » Sat Oct 07, 2023 8:05 pm

Bartekc8888 wrote:Yoinked that mapper from ender and set it up as opt-in with customizable server address. For now without markers configuration. It seems to work with local instance.

Seems to work. Cleared my map data and was able to stitch a quick map together of the area, quest givers sent fine. A shame nobody ever made a public fork to track thingwalls the same way.

Labels would be appreciated if you get around to it, but this already does a lot for keeping groups from trying to communicate from 8000 discord images of poorly pasted together map screenshots, so thanks!
khajios

Postby kirion » Sun Oct 08, 2023 5:53 pm

Really appreciate having more custom clients available, considering they seems to have died off mostly
kirion

Next

Return to The Wizards' Tower