Yoink Pasta - Purus Pasta fork

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: Yoink Pasta - Purus Pasta fork

Postby vatas » Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:49 pm

Bartekc8888 wrote:
vatas wrote:There was a possibly related bug where equipment screen updated the custom stat extension every frame, significantly killing FPS when it was open.

btw, i just checked that, it seems fine in this client. It only recalculates stats when equipment changes.

My bad, I should've been more clear that the bug had already been fixed.

"There used to be a bug (now fixed) where FPS would die when equipment screen was open. The custom stat extension was being updated every frame."
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby pawnchito » Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:41 pm

Absolute chad client so far. Is there a way to change the camera settings to unlocked scroll out or free angle turning?
pawnchito

Postby Bartekc8888 » Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:55 pm

pawnchito wrote:Is there a way to change the camera settings to unlocked scroll out or free angle turning?

By default its shift + c to cycle between camera modes.
Somehow kebinding for it is bundled with bindings for "session" at the bottom of Keybindings option window :? . I will fix it tomorrow.

vatas wrote:My bad, I should've been more clear that the bug had already been fixed.

"There used to be a bug (now fixed) where FPS would die when equipment screen was open. The custom stat extension was being updated every frame."

All good, that previous sentence did kinda sound like it was fixed already, but checked it to be sure.

kirion wrote:Really appreciate having more custom clients available, considering they seems to have died off mostly

pawnchito wrote:Absolute chad client so far

Thank you all for kind words :D
Bartekc8888

Postby pawnchito » Mon Oct 09, 2023 5:23 am

Bartekc8888 wrote:By default its shift + c to cycle between camera modes.
Somehow kebinding for it is bundled with bindings for "session" at the bottom of Keybindings option window :? . I will fix it tomorrow.

Nioce the key bindings worked. Tanning tubs and drying racks show status, would rock if cheese stuff, troughs, skeps also showed the progress highlight.
pawnchito

Postby Hickupp » Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:02 am

Alarm suggestion.

In general mostly related to dangerous animal alarms.

Currently alarms only sound ones per newly detected animal (ie: ones per unique id). (intentional behavior as far as I know)
So if player and animal walk out of each others view, and later comes back into view. No alarm will be given for the reoccurring of the animal.

Some might like it this way. Some might not. (depends on what one is doing in the game I figure)

Suggestion:
Some option to toggle between having just one alarm per unique id/animal/gob vs Always sounding the alarm when some target gob comes (back) into view.

Could be a general "Pasta Settings" setting ... (Although a related per gob toggle in the "Alarm Manager" would probably also work. ;-) )

Great work on having giving Pasta a new lease of life. 8-)
Hickupp

Postby Hickupp » Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:17 am

PS: Hitting the "Delete" button on some alarm in the "Alarm Manager" terminates the client.

Terminal reports back some: Exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException thrown from the UncaughtExceptionHandler in thread "Haven UI thread"
Hickupp

Postby Bartekc8888 » Mon Oct 09, 2023 7:12 pm

Hickupp wrote:PS: Hitting the "Delete" button on some alarm in the "Alarm Manager" terminates the client.

Terminal reports back some: Exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException thrown from the UncaughtExceptionHandler in thread "Haven UI thread"

Thanks for the report
I couldnt reproduce that error, but i added some preventive measures, maybe that fixes it.
Also i added a guard so maybe it won't crash client if it ever occures again.
If you ever happen to get it again, please copy whole error, it would greatly help with tracking down source of it.

Hickupp wrote:Suggestion:
Some option to toggle between having just one alarm per unique id/animal/gob vs Always sounding the alarm when some target gob comes (back) into view.

hmm, if animal goes in and out of view it can trigger a lot of alarms, it could be annoying, but with a settings people could decide themselves if they want it. I will think about it.

pawnchito wrote:Tanning tubs and drying racks show status, would rock if cheese stuff, troughs, skeps also showed the progress highlight.

I added green highlight for beehives with wax and empty throughs. I don't have access to cheese stuff so i am not able to do that right now, maybe after world starts i will get to it.
Bartekc8888

Postby noindyfikator » Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:25 am

Did you delete tracking?

Like in this client: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=70172
W3 - W10 - Hermit / small plots with spruces
W11 - The Friend Zone
W12 - KoA aka Kingdom of Ashes
W13 - Monke
W14 - Alpaca Farm aka Animal Planet
W15 - Whatever Bay - The Greatest Siege Defense Victory in Haven History - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhyUveSeZ0Q
noindyfikator

Postby Bartekc8888 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 8:39 am

noindyfikator wrote:Did you delete tracking?

Like in this client: viewtopic.php?f=49&t=70172

Yeah, I removed that
There is opt-in option to use mapping / tracking from ender client but you also need to configure address and key to the server of your choosing
Bartekc8888

Postby Hickupp » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:00 am

Bartekc8888 wrote:
Hickupp wrote:"Alarm Manager" lockup.

Exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException thrown from the UncaughtExceptionHandler in thread "Haven UI thread"

I couldnt reproduce that error, but i added some preventive measures, maybe that fixes it.
Also i added a guard so maybe it won't crash client if it ever occures again.
If you ever happen to get it again, please copy whole error, it would greatly help with tracking down source of it.

Roger.
Sorry. No changes detected on my side with version 1.0.6.
Unfortunately that "IllegalArgumentException" line is the only thing that pops up in the terminal window.

Tried a couple things to see if I could spot something more useful. (not that successful though)

I get the following results when both the "defaultAlarms" and "alarmConfig" files where removed.
A) Client start (Client login screen) => Options => Sound Manager => Button [Default] => Lockup
Code: Select all
java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: /home/.../HnH/Pasta_Y/defaultAlarms
   at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.translateToIOException(UnixException.java:92)
   at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:106)
   at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:111)
   at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixFileSystemProvider.newByteChannel(UnixFileSystemProvider.java:218)
   at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.newByteChannel(Files.java:380)
   at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.newByteChannel(Files.java:432)
   at java.base/java.nio.file.spi.FileSystemProvider.newInputStream(FileSystemProvider.java:422)
   at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.newInputStream(Files.java:160)
   at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.newBufferedReader(Files.java:2922)
   at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.readAllLines(Files.java:3412)
   at haven.purus.alarms.AlarmManager.loadFromFile(AlarmManager.java:54)
   at haven.purus.alarms.AlarmManager.defaultSettings(AlarmManager.java:99)
   at haven.purus.alarms.AlarmManager.load(AlarmManager.java:45)
   at haven.purus.alarms.AlarmManager.init(AlarmManager.java:26)
   at haven.MainFrame.main(MainFrame.java:550)
haven.RootWidget@2cbaa6c focus[1]
haven.RootWidget@10534c0f focus[1]
java.nio.file.NoSuchFileException: /home/.../HnH/Pasta_Y/defaultAlarms
   at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.translateToIOException(UnixException.java:92)
   at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:106)
   at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixException.rethrowAsIOException(UnixException.java:111)
   at java.base/sun.nio.fs.UnixFileSystemProvider.newByteChannel(UnixFileSystemProvider.java:218)
   at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.newByteChannel(Files.java:380)
   at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.newByteChannel(Files.java:432)
   at java.base/java.nio.file.spi.FileSystemProvider.newInputStream(FileSystemProvider.java:422)
   at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.newInputStream(Files.java:160)
   at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.newBufferedReader(Files.java:2922)
   at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.readAllLines(Files.java:3412)
   at haven.purus.alarms.AlarmManager.loadFromFile(AlarmManager.java:54)
   at haven.purus.alarms.AlarmManager.defaultSettings(AlarmManager.java:99)
   at haven.purus.alarms.AlarmWindow$3.click(AlarmWindow.java:61)
   at haven.Button.mouseup(Button.java:220)
   at haven.UI.mouseup(UI.java:535)
   at haven.UIPanel$Dispatcher.dispatch(UIPanel.java:77)
   at haven.GLPanel$Loop.run(GLPanel.java:365)
   at haven.JOGLPanel.run(JOGLPanel.java:252)
   at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833)

Exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException thrown from the UncaughtExceptionHandler in thread "Haven UI thread"

But no Lockup in this case:
A2) Client start => After character login => Options => Sound Manager => Button [Default] => (Default restored)

B) Client start (Client login screen OR After character login) => Options => Sound Manager => Button [Add] => Button [Delete] => Lockup
More or less the same terminal output. (ie: no additional info)

Low priority, considering it seems a rare case and its not a direct show-stopper.
If at some point you think of something that I could try/check that might help you, just let me know.

Client started with default run.sh
Linux Mint 20.3
java version "17.0.6" 2023-01-17 LTS
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 17.0.6+9-LTS-190)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 17.0.6+9-LTS-190, mixed mode, sharing)
Hickupp

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower