Kami Client

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: Kami Client

Postby vatas » Sun Jan 07, 2024 1:16 pm

derkami wrote:I'll look into the zoom stuff.. It happens because of UI scaling.
Multi-Session Support is not easy, because there is stuff that will prevent it from running or will crash every so often.
But that's on my bucket list...

I remember Purus mentioning that when he started making the current (only fan forked/maintained) version of Purus Pasta, Multi-session was the first thing he implemented on top of the Default. This way everything else will have to be fundamentally implemented in a way that works with the multi-session.
Adding multisession to current Kami could be the equivalent of trying to swap the foundations for an already-built skyscraper.

Lesser pitfalls include the having to choose between
A) "Every instance blasts their entire audio simulaneously" (which granted, is the case when running the entire clients in multiples.)
B) Non-active session are muted. Implies a chance that you come back to a neglected session(s) to find dead character(s).

The latter option could be alleviated if the Session widget had support for status symbols or something to indicate that there's combat etc. going on.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby Ø » Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:54 pm

vatas wrote:
derkami wrote:The latter option could be alleviated if the Session widget had support for status symbols or something to indicate that there's combat etc. going on.

And midges... Fucking midges...
Ø

UI Bug? (╥_╥)

Postby Ruzkyan » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:06 pm

When I minimize the chat, the buttons above it should neatly slide down and hug the window's edge (or at least, that's what I think), but it's not happening.

Also, when I open the minimap, quests are blocking it, and I can't click some buttons without frustration.

Using a new client; am hoping for an explanation/fix before considering a switch. ٩(◕‿◕。)۶

Ruzkyan

Re: UI Bug? (╥_╥)

Postby derkami » Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:47 pm

Ruzkyan wrote:When I minimize the chat, the buttons above it should neatly slide down and hug the window's edge (or at least, that's what I think), but it's not happening.

Also, when I open the minimap, quests are blocking it, and I can't click some buttons without frustration.

Using a new client; am hoping for an explanation/fix before considering a switch. ٩(◕‿◕。)۶

I've come across this bug too, will fix next version.
The quest stuff is a bit odd, but it sorts itself if you change the quest one time.
derkami

Re: UI Bug? (╥_╥)

Postby Ruzkyan » Wed Jan 17, 2024 3:28 pm

derkami wrote:I've come across this bug too, will fix next version.
The quest stuff is a bit odd, but it sorts itself if you change the quest one time.

Appreciate you tackling the issues! Good to have someone on job - pronto. (^▽^)
Ruzkyan

Postby vatas » Thu Jan 18, 2024 3:55 pm

Workaround: selecting a different quest in the quest log will make the quest widget position update (at least in regards for the "toggle the small corner map" -button.)

I like having the small default minimap as "short range radar" and I can have quest text play nice with it using following:
1.) extend small minimap with the red diagonal arrow button.
2.) Open quest log.
3.) Select another quest (can change it back immediately.)

But yes, proper fix from client developer would be welcome. (The above has to do be done EVERY time you re-open the client.) AFAIK there's some complications with it though, the quest widget has some jank specific to it, IIRC.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby Hickupp » Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:23 pm

derkami could you tell/show me what the calendar+clock raw-data is that the server sends to the client.
Preferably two different clock-updated cases separated with a specified delay in minutes.
Hickupp

Postby derkami » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:46 pm

Updated the client to match the latest update.

There's more coming within the next week or two +-
Life has been keeping me busy.
derkami

Postby MDDrozD » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:38 pm

derkami wrote:Updated the client to match the latest update.

There's more coming within the next week or two +-
Life has been keeping me busy.

Lightning reaction!

Also, got to ask, why tho there is no "refill drinks" in xtended>automation?
MDDrozD

Postby sebacame » Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:54 am

Yo kami any info on what got updated today/yesterday?
sebacame

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower