Kami Client

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: Kami Client

Postby nesilar » Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:04 pm

derkami wrote:Update 2023-11-01
  • changed default renderer to jogl to fix smoke
  • supplied additional batch files for lwjgl
  • added flatten terrain
  • added sizeable palisade
  • fixed a potential infinite loop for marker upload
  • very deep ocean is now visible
  • added stones to map filter and highlight

Thanks! Now Enders is more playable for me :D
Experienced noob B)

W13 - Lynx Crossing
W15 - Whatever Bay
nesilar

Postby Muzk » Fri Nov 03, 2023 2:34 am

Noone's going to comb through 147k lines to see if you added something malicious. I'm not buying "I don't know how to git". I'd have to get whatever Ender you built from, put your stuff over it and hope there is a diff that isn't too large for someone to quickly comb for whatever you actually added.

I'll give it a month or so for others to fieldtest this.
Muzk

Postby deahworra » Fri Nov 03, 2023 7:04 am

It would be pretty easy actually, if kami were to post the git commit hash that he pulled ender at you could pull that in one repo, clone kami's repo and drop all of kami's commits and do a diff on the two repos.

Edit:
Screenshot 2023-11-02 231116.jpg
Screenshot 2023-11-02 231116.jpg (43.91 KiB) Viewed 588 times

Those are the files he modified between enders last commit and his first upload. I checked the files, I don't have great java readability but it looks legit to me.
deahworra

Postby derkami » Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:15 am

Well I've already prepared another repo, but still merging over 300 missing commits from loftar resulted in one big ass merge again.
It would be complete insanity to do them one by one just to appease git nerds...
https://github.com/DerKamii/KamiClient

Once I've confirmed it works properly with everything I'll be switching to that repo for my builds.
Basically, I've forked from Vanilla, mirrored ender's repo, and then pulled all the missing commits from loftar, which resulted in a couple of files for me to merge manually, because they were just too different.
Took me 8 hours yesterday to do that.

If that doesn't help, nothing will.
derkami

Postby khajios » Fri Nov 03, 2023 6:44 pm

I have been trying this client for a while now, I appreciate the new features but I am mostly using the Yoink Pasta client. Just wanted to list out some of the things I miss from that whenever I am on here.

Table Wear - Pasta client will give you a warning and move tablewear to your inventory when it is about to break so that you can cast polish on it and fix it, or remake it depending on convenience. This is super convenient to me at least, and stops me from trying to figure out what disappeared from my table later.

Inspect - There is an inspect button here (Extended>Inspect) and it can be placed on a hotbar. This works, but I find myself really missing how convenient it is in pasta where it is active when you hold the shift button. Maybe add that as an option for a global hotkey?

Stockpile Interactions - Buttons being different between the two takes a little getting used to, but the thing that throws me off the most is that in pasta client when you shift + left click on a stockpiles numbers, you take one object from the stockpile. In this client, you place one item in the stockpile. I don't expect that behavior to change, but it might be nice if there was a toggle, or you could shift right click to take one. I am mostly just getting myself to use shift + scroll wheel instead, so this probably isn't worth much of a change, but it just feels kinda unintuitive to me.

Barrel Labels - Pasta's feature to put text over barrels showing their content is very convenient when you have a bunch of barrels laying around or are playing zoomed out.

I'm not really expecting the wonderful multi-session feature to get copied as I am sure that would be difficult, but it was super convenient for me on the rare occasion I need to spawn an alt for something.

Thanks for the work on updates to another public client.
khajios

Postby NewPlayer69 » Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:50 am

Hey, thanks for all the hard work!

A way to split out the minimap down the bottom to being in the top right would be amazing. Makes it far easier to navigate for those of us used to Ard client.
A way to enable auto-drink and the % to start drinking would be amazing as well. :)
Last edited by NewPlayer69 on Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
NewPlayer69

Postby willownezz » Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:36 am

Is it possible to move the combat UI around?
willownezz

Postby derkami » Sat Nov 04, 2023 1:18 pm

khajios wrote:I have been trying this client for a while now, I appreciate the new features but I am mostly using the Yoink Pasta client. Just wanted to list out some of the things I miss from that whenever I am on here.

Table Wear - Pasta client will give you a warning and move tablewear to your inventory when it is about to break so that you can cast polish on it and fix it, or remake it depending on convenience. This is super convenient to me at least, and stops me from trying to figure out what disappeared from my table later.

Inspect - There is an inspect button here (Extended>Inspect) and it can be placed on a hotbar. This works, but I find myself really missing how convenient it is in pasta where it is active when you hold the shift button. Maybe add that as an option for a global hotkey?

Stockpile Interactions - Buttons being different between the two takes a little getting used to, but the thing that throws me off the most is that in pasta client when you shift + left click on a stockpiles numbers, you take one object from the stockpile. In this client, you place one item in the stockpile. I don't expect that behavior to change, but it might be nice if there was a toggle, or you could shift right click to take one. I am mostly just getting myself to use shift + scroll wheel instead, so this probably isn't worth much of a change, but it just feels kinda unintuitive to me.

Barrel Labels - Pasta's feature to put text over barrels showing their content is very convenient when you have a bunch of barrels laying around or are playing zoomed out.

I'm not really expecting the wonderful multi-session feature to get copied as I am sure that would be difficult, but it was super convenient for me on the rare occasion I need to spawn an alt for something.

Thanks for the work on updates to another public client.

Thanks for the input!

NewPlayer69 wrote:Hey, thanks for all the hard work!

A way to split out the minimap down the bottom to being in the top right would be amazing. Makes it far easier to navigate for those of us used to Ard client.
A way to enable auto-drink and the % to start drinking would be amazing as well. :)

I'm not too knowledgable about the UI stuff atm but i'm also used to use the compact mode for that matter, since it's resizable anyway..

willownezz wrote:Is it possible to move the combat UI around?

No. At least no yet.
derkami

Postby Cairon » Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:03 pm

If you've ever used Ard, the quest tracker was amazing, and would really appreciate seeing it again. If you were looking for other features to add =) Basically it just pooled all the quests and made a list on your gui, with things colored green for complete steps
Cairon

Postby Hickupp » Sun Nov 05, 2023 1:28 pm

Download the base package (today) ... and started it (so far so good).

Now the change-log says its the 29.10.2023 version.
While the OP also speaks of a 2023-11-01 update.

So now I'm confused. Which one do I have running here ?

IF its the older 29.10.2023 version ...
How do I, as Linux only user, update to the 2023-11-01 version ? (without compiling from source that is)
Hickupp

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower