Kami Client

Forum for alternative clients, mods & discussions on the same.

Re: Kami Client

Postby khajios » Thu Nov 02, 2023 1:36 am

Having an issue with the updater. I tried the UpdaterOnly as well as the With JDK options and have the same issue on both.

Client seems to crash when it starts updating. I see the text
Downloading file start-haven-with-jre.bat
and then it turns off. I checked the event log and I see either of the following errors.
First happens with the With JDK version, and doesn't happen until I hit the button (or turn on auto update), second happens with the UpdaterOnly after a few seconds.
Either seems to fail for the same reason

Application: KamiClientUpdater.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException
at System.Net.Http.HttpResponseMessage.EnsureSuccessStatusCode()
at EnderPlusUpdater.HttpClientDownloadWithProgress+<DownloadAsync>d__9.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.GetResult()
at EnderPlusUpdater.HttpClientDownloadWithProgress+<StartDownload>d__8.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
at EnderPlusUpdater.DownloadWithProgress+<ExecuteAsync>d__0.MoveNext()
at EnderPlusUpdater.MainWindow+<StartUpdate>d__18.MoveNext()
at EnderPlusUpdater.MainWindow+<UpdateButton_Click>d__38.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore+<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_0(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)
at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.CallbackWrapper(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
at System.Windows.Application.Run(System.Windows.Window)
at System.Windows.Application.Run()
at EnderPlusUpdater.App.Main()

or

at EnderPlusUpdater.HttpClientDownloadWithProgress+<DownloadAsync>d__9.MoveNext()
at EnderPlusUpdater.HttpClientDownloadWithProgress+<StartDownload>d__8.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
at EnderPlusUpdater.MainWindow+<CheckForUpdate>d__17.MoveNext()
at EnderPlusUpdater.MainWindow+<Window_Loaded>d__16.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore+<>c.<ThrowAsync>b__6_0(System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext.Run(MS.Internal.CulturePreservingExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
khajios

Postby antiqueclock » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:09 am

It would be nice if the UI could be free and compact like Ard.
from Japan
Discord:antique_clock
antiqueclock

Postby dagngayt » Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:27 am

I found an issue with drying racks. When drying wild windsown weeds, if one of them turns out to be a beet, the rack shows as empty. Remove the beet and you get the 'dried seeds' appearance.
dagngayt

Postby dagngayt » Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:25 am

People having problems with the updater - I found a fix that worked for me. My anti-virus didn't like the updater, and removed it. When I un-quarantined it and told the av to allow it, it ran and updated the client.
dagngayt

Postby derkami » Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:33 am

khajios wrote:Having an issue with the updater. I tried the UpdaterOnly as well as the With JDK options and have the same issue on both.

Client seems to crash when it starts updating. I see the text
Downloading file start-haven-with-jre.bat
and then it turns off. I checked the event log and I see either of the following errors.
First happens with the With JDK version, and doesn't happen until I hit the button (or turn on auto update), second happens with the UpdaterOnly after a few seconds.
Either seems to fail for the same reason

at EnderPlusUpdater.MainWindow+<UpdateButton_Click>d__38.MoveNext()
at System.Windows.Application.Run()

or

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
at EnderPlusUpdater.MainWindow+<CheckForUpdate>d__17.MoveNext()
at EnderPlusUpdater.MainWindow+<Window_Loaded>d__16.MoveNext()

Sorry, I've fixed that update on the server side.
I named the batch files wrongly.

antiqueclock wrote:It would be nice if the UI could be free and compact like Ard.

Yeah, the UI... I'll have to mess with it at some point.

dagngayt wrote:I found an issue with drying racks. When drying wild windsown weeds, if one of them turns out to be a beet, the rack shows as empty. Remove the beet and you get the 'dried seeds' appearance.

I think this bug is old. But I could be wrong. I'll put it on the list and check it out at a given time.

dagngayt wrote:People having problems with the updater - I found a fix that worked for me. My anti-virus didn't like the updater, and removed it. When I un-quarantined it and told the av to allow it, it ran and updated the client.

Oh? What antivirus are you using?
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/5544 ... ?nocache=1
Because i most certainly have nothing in it... I probably should put up the source for that too just in case.
derkami

Postby LaserSaysPew » Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:00 am

Since last patch turning on item info(crop stages) with lots of crops around noticably drops fps. Wasn't the case before.
LaserSaysPew

Postby derkami » Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:27 am

LaserSaysPew wrote:Since last patch turning on item info(crop stages) with lots of crops around noticably drops fps. Wasn't the case before.

Can you verify this by using the lwjgl batch?
derkami

Postby LaserSaysPew » Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:58 am

derkami wrote:
LaserSaysPew wrote:Since last patch turning on item info(crop stages) with lots of crops around noticably drops fps. Wasn't the case before.

Yeah, both versions same result. 60 fps without crop stages -> 22 fps with crop stages shown
LaserSaysPew

Postby EnderWiggin » Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:39 am

What seems weird to me is the repository with sources is not forked off my or loftar's code, but just some code version plopped as is as first commit and then several commits after - including big changes with several unrelated features in single commit. Either author will have some really good time trying to merge more loftar's changes in the future, or author has separate private repo which is forked and just copies resulting code to this public one. Both possibilities seem really weird to me.
EnderWiggin

Postby derkami » Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:22 am

LaserSaysPew wrote:
derkami wrote:

Yeah, both versions same result. 60 fps without crop stages -> 22 fps with crop stages shown

So then it's not really related to the update, because the update didn't change any of that. But given the time I'll take a look on that, although I suppose the extra amount of drawing made for the text is to blame.

EnderWiggin wrote:What seems weird to me is the repository with sources is not forked off my or loftar's code, but just some code version plopped as is as first commit and then several commits after - including big changes with several unrelated features in single commit. Either author will have some really good time trying to merge more loftar's changes in the future, or author has separate private repo which is forked and just copies resulting code to this public one. Both possibilities seem really weird to me.

There's a reason to this madness and I'm currently not exactly sure I my preferred way of fixing it is going to work.
I had already a vanilla fork on my github and it won't let me fork you client, because it's a direct fork of the vanilla.
Since I was in a rush to do some basic things, I just copied everything and merged manually, which is a pain, yes.
The reason I made all the merged and the big commits were to get all the rendering stuff out of my way, and see all the differences. Also there were some very strange crashes which I thought would be related to rendering changes.
They went away once that big part was merged.

So that concludes, that I probably will delete my vanilla branch, create a new branch, bring all the changes to that branch, and continue forward so loftar changes will be easier to get.
I'm not sure if I can keep the commits that way but I'll figure that out.. It's just that I'm really not fond of git and the workflow it has.
derkami

PreviousNext

Return to The Wizards' Tower