New Building

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

New Building

Postby LadyV » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:07 am

As much as i would love my medieval dream castle Ill stick to something more reasonable. I think a tower would be an excellent addition. They obviously date to ancient times and can encompass many building materials and shapes. It would be a nice change to build up instead of out all the time. Obviously towers should height limits but I think they would be a nice way to help reduce land need.

Maybe they could be a modular build. Say you build each level up to a certain number of levels. We could even limit height based on building materials.

With the addition of actual cliffs and height I think the one tower on the hill is a fun idea. :D
LadyV

Re: New Building

Postby bitza » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:08 am

and firing a bow off a tower could give a bonus to hit % or ranged damage, making archery an actual possibility for home defense
Karede wrote: It takes a special kind of autism to play this game
bitza

Postby FatFruit » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:56 am

then people will stack bots with bows on towers?
FatFruit

Postby SnipSnip » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:41 am

FatFruit wrote:then people will stack bots with bows on towers?

I can see it now: bwall'ed off towers in every SG serving no other purpose but to host archer bots.
SnipSnip

Postby Patchouli_Knowledge » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:35 am

Do bots have a means of distinguishing foes and friends at the moment?

I'm not sure how far the devs have developed structures on the Z axis yet (and it may or may not be possible with the current engine) so that may not be in for a while.
-=The law of inverse desire=- The chances of dropping what you want is the reciprocal of how much you want it.
Patchouli_Knowledge

Postby LadyV » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:23 am

Firing from an elevation already has a bonus. You can see people before they see you. It has no basis to add extra damage. I mean after all you are higher so it can actually add distance to the aim. Being concealed from a height and able to see further is good enough in my mind.

Even without such the tower just appeals to me. :)
LadyV

Postby SnipSnip » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:56 am

You could maybe make it so arrows fired from in the tower have a high miss ratio, but that would defeat the point of home defense using towers, as you'd be better off firing from the ground. unless you make the chances of hitting the target increase the closer it gets, but I can see this abused like this:
someone gets gank'ed by enemies, and runs right up to a tower, which has three of his friends in it. the closer he gets, the more a chance his friends arrows will hit, the more dangerous it is to get any closer, as high q arrows + high q Bows = high damage input or 1 dead character. but i guess it would work the same as shooting from on ground, only difference is, as LadyV said:
LadyV wrote:Firing from an elevation already has a bonus. You can see people before they see you.

or some guy can run in circles around the radius of the tower and get his enemies snipe'd without them even knowing what hit them until either one gets hit, or someone gets killed.
SnipSnip

Postby LadyV » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:48 pm

SnipSnip wrote:You could maybe make it so arrows fired from in the tower have a high miss ratio, but that would defeat the point of home defense using towers, as you'd be better off firing from the ground. unless you make the chances of hitting the target increase the closer it gets, but I can see this abused like this:
someone gets gank'ed by enemies, and runs right up to a tower, which has three of his friends in it. the closer he gets, the more a chance his friends arrows will hit, the more dangerous it is to get any closer, as high q arrows + high q Bows = high damage input or 1 dead character. but i guess it would work the same as shooting from on ground, only difference is, as LadyV said:
LadyV wrote:Firing from an elevation already has a bonus. You can see people before they see you.

or some guy can run in circles around the radius of the tower and get his enemies snipe'd without them even knowing what hit them until either one gets hit, or someone gets killed.

Distance already does have a penalty to aim speed so no need to add another penalty. I see no reason to add a bonus either. As i mentioned you are concealed in a tower or behind a parapet and you can see people not normally seen. If you have ever noticed if a animal gets stuck behind a rock while bow or sling hunting your aim gets slightly slower. Thus cover is taken into account. Being able to see from above removes cover bonus. A tower in its self is benefit enough I think.

Well ass soon as raiders realized there was someone in that tower I don't think they would remain for long. So I don't see to huge a problem with sniping. :)
LadyV

Return to Critique & Ideas