Ruins

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Ruins

Postby LadyV » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:54 am

Ive glanced through past suggestions and not seen anything quite like this so here is my thought. How about at world start we can find ruins instead of everything being pristine? Nothing that gives a huge advantage obviously. Maybe an abandoned farmhouse in ruins or a lone cabin... Maybe even find a useful item or two in them. Say a scythe, or axe, maybe even a saw. It might add some more flavor to the start.
LadyV

Re: Ruins

Postby factnfiction101 » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:17 pm

At the starting of the game that would be neat. How would it work when you enter an abandoned building? Will it warp you to the inside? Or not? How long would these buildings last in the new world before they all fall apart?
factnfiction101

Postby shubla » Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:39 pm

There will be enough ruins in first few weeks of new world..
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Cajoes » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:23 pm

I for one would like more persistance in our ruins. - As it stands, houses, walls and facilities just spontaneously evaporate upon hitting critical existance failure. I'd like to see actual "ruins", kilns filled with bird nests and cracks, crumbled smelters, houses with collapsed roofs, toppled walls with vines growing all over them. Maybe different kinds of ruins depending on if they were simply abandoned and destroyed by neglect and time (collapsed and covered in plants), or hostile action (charred and burnt) So anyone trying to resettle has to clear that shit up first.
Cajoes

Postby LadyV » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:31 pm

@cajoes I think those are wonderful ideas. It would certainly make the world more immersive. :D
LadyV

Postby Arcanist » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:57 pm

+1 To being able. to burn stone mansions.
Arcanist

Return to Critique & Ideas