Put this on steam.

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Put this on steam.

Postby loftar » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:01 am

RustyBuckitt wrote:Just don't keep it in development Hell for too long, and your good to go.

Are you under some weird impression that there is such a thing as "finished" for Haven?
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Re: Put this on steam.

Postby borka » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:47 am

Fenix025 wrote:
borka wrote:Go get a life borka.

Xcuse me sir but i have more than 95 games on steam, most of them are indie games. I download them, and soemtiems they upgrade, but i dont have to read forums and download ALL THE FUCKING JAVA LIBRARIES AND SHET to play with them. Also i have more than 200 original games, from 1991 to now. U HAVE NOTHING TO TELL ME ABOUT OWNERSHIP or having games, if u are a damn good coder gl bro, but not all of us must.
Also there is no need of beeing so fucking agresive for pointing something than logical as "make a game easy to install and play".

Also STEAM is the damn best platform followed by GOG IMO.

Whoa what a "quote" - besides you'd sure never say that to me face to face my friend ... (also you're excused as english is not our mothertongue)

I didn't write anywhere that i think Steam is crap, bad or anything like that - in fact "Guess i'm living in a different Steam world than you" is a straight hint that i use Steam (since long)

My Statement is that it's not logical to call for Steam (while he's prolly more into calling for an "allinone".exe) and arguing playing HnH affords loads of efforts where it in reality doesn't. You have some prerequisites like a graphic driver giving OGL support and Java - like you have for any (Steam) game. Then it's just very very few clicks away (it even downloads the libaries for you) and you're good to go. And IMHO you're faster in the game than launching most Steam games.

Btw. i didn't write anything about ownership or such and if you call aggressive what was written in an ironic (or if you want sarcastic) style you'd better check your own sense for aggressiveness - i've never ever been aggressive here for sure. (given the very few Skypes we had you should know my stance about aggressions)

You as an Owner "of more than 200 original games, from 1991 to now" should understand what i meant with
and you prolly never experienced buying i.e. Baldurs Gate in a Box (how much do i miss that fuckton of reading :cry: ).

And OP is prolly very very happy when there are only automatic doors, proximity switches, selfdriving cars everywhere 'till the day when there is suddenly no electrical power ... welcome in "Smartworld" :P

loftar wrote:
RustyBuckitt wrote:Just don't keep it in development Hell for too long, and your good to go.

Are you under some weird impression that there is such a thing as "finished" for Haven?

When it's done will never be done ;)
borka

Previous

Return to Critique & Ideas