my ideas: curiosity, sleep

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

my ideas: curiosity, sleep

Postby Qeeet » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:15 pm

I would like to see in the world the next things, I believe all of you will like them:
1) The character needs to sleep sometimes: the character cannot be on legs for infinity time, he/she needs at least 5 hours (real) sleep every 20 hours (real). If he/she do not sleep, he/she gets some penalties, for example: cannot run at all, or/and do work slower.
2) it would be great to stack curiosities in curio' study sheet. For example I made 5 cone cows (each 50 lp for 20 min, or 150 lp/hour), and I put them into study field and they take 1x1 size cell. So there are 5 cone cows in 1x1 cell and after each 20 min past, I receive 50 lp, and stack count decreases by 1.

Any comments?
Last edited by Qeeet on Sat May 02, 2015 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Qeeet

Re: my ideas: curiosity, sleep

Postby LadyV » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:09 pm

Im not opposed to sleep but the game is abstracted. If you add it then that means so many other things have to be changed or added. namely q and butchering animals. Im to tired to butcher that q500 cow yet it still rots away.... Time is faster in game...
I like the idea of sleep Im just not sure how it make it work easily.

As for stacking curios i dont think so. Its a nice concept but making ease of load reduces game interaction. Remembering to do everything and getting it done is part of the survival and prospering aspect. And if you look at what curios represent its the study of things that inspire you with new idea and thoughts. I think you should purposely have to load those to represent your desire to learn and explore the world to grow.
LadyV

Postby Qeeet » Fri May 01, 2015 12:17 am

LadyV wrote:Im not opposed to sleep but the game is abstracted. If you add it then that means so many other things have to be changed or added. namely q and butchering animals. Im to tired to butcher that q500 cow yet it still rots away.... Time is faster in game...
I like the idea of sleep Im just not sure how it make it work easily.

I meant the time there as real. Also I believe this will make botting harder and after that you will see a lot of ppl sleeping over the world. I would be funny :)
Anyway real person cannot play 24/7. I think 20 hours its the maximum you can do without sleep. So before you log out, just go to sleep
Qeeet

Postby jtpitner » Fri May 01, 2015 12:59 am

also issue with sleep you character has to sleep and mine doesnt cant have all on same time frame do 2 so many time zones...or does your hearthling sleep while offline? bc if so i just would never care due to never playing 24 hrs straight.

Also I am against bots as well... Can't stand the fact of how hard I try to do stuff and then someone else just sleeps/works and program does it for them.....
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
jtpitner

Return to Critique & Ideas