Clay abundance

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Re: Clay abundance

Postby anicsin » Sun May 03, 2015 2:55 pm

Qeeet wrote:
anicsin wrote:I agree with Lady. Don't make your hopes high about high quality items if you're not in a village. More eyes, more goodies.

I am not saying high quality clay has to be everywhere. Tell me dear friend is the high quality soil everywhere?

But I don't think clay is rare by itself. Acre clay is rare, of course, but all you need a boat and you can find ball clay in usque 15-20 minutes.
Bonus vir semper tiro.
anicsin

Postby TeckXKnight » Sun May 03, 2015 3:00 pm

anicsin wrote:But I don't think clay is rare by itself. Acre clay is rare, of course, but all you need a boat and you can find ball clay in usque 15-20 minutes.

You really only need to find a somewhat decent source of clay once too. After that you can return to it and farm it fairly regularly. The exception being if you need huge bulk amounts of it, in which case you'll probably want to find a few spots, or if you want exceptionally high quality clay, then you'll be looking for your entire life. =)
TeckXKnight

Postby Qeeet » Sun May 03, 2015 3:08 pm

burgingham wrote:
Qeeet wrote:
LadyV wrote:No its fine how it is. Low quality nodes are all over.

No, they are not. nuff said

Every post of you I see goes like this:

"XYZ has to be done!"

Other users: "It was suggested before/has been shut down/is a bad idea because xxx"

I agree with your approximation here. But cannot agree with the next one:
burgingham wrote:You: "Shut up, I am right!"

I am not trying to be right. Everyone can make a mistake. But let's say it is my reaction on shitposts. I would like to see real discussion, with some arguments, or jorb's or loftar's thoughts.
I am not upset when you are saying you are not right, your idea is shit though
Qeeet

Postby Qeeet » Sun May 03, 2015 4:00 pm

anicsin wrote:But I don't think clay is rare by itself. Acre clay is rare, of course, but all you need a boat and you can find ball clay in usque 15-20 minutes.

yes right, but I think 10-20 min is too much. I have one spot 5-6 min from my settlement, and it is claimed :evil: . Another is ~15min away.
So basically I cannot build a brickwall.
And also to mention I have a mud terrain 30 sec away with no clay.
Qeeet

Postby borka » Sun May 03, 2015 4:48 pm

Qeeet wrote:

yes right, but I think 10-20 min is too much. I have one spot 5-6 min from my settlement, and it is claimed :evil: . Another is ~15min away.

As i thought just your own small egoistic circling :
Oh noes - someone's been here before me :o Devs you really have to do something about that ...

In my area are 15+ clay spots in wg quality reachable in max. 10 minutes walk - diggable freely for everyone - sure the higher ones are claimed but it would be stupid not to claim them - as too many ppl don't care and dig there for BW clay ... (not to talk about many grey clay floating everywhere)

And in other areas i've been there are lots of open wg clayspots to find too ...

Believe me you have to change your mindset a bit ...
borka

Postby the_portals » Sun May 03, 2015 6:38 pm

Qeeet wrote:So basically I cannot build a brickwall.

Step 1: make an alt
Step 2: oath alt to your vidol
Step 3: move alt's HF to clay node
Step 4: have alt dig clay (a small chest is perfect for additional clay)
Step 5: alt ports back to vidol, drops off clay
Step 6: make bricks, alt ports back to hf
Step 7: Repeat steps 4-6 until you have enough bricks for a brickwall.
I was in the Northern Army once and you can never take that from me
the_portals

Postby Qeeet » Sun May 03, 2015 9:07 pm

the_portals wrote:
Qeeet wrote:So basically I cannot build a brickwall.

Step 1: make an alt
Step 2: oath alt to your vidol
Step 3: move alt's HF to clay node
Step 4: have alt dig clay (a small chest is perfect for additional clay)
Step 5: alt ports back to vidol, drops off clay
Step 6: make bricks, alt ports back to hf
Step 7: Repeat steps 4-6 until you have enough bricks for a brickwall.

yes, it can be as a workaround at least in current world. But what about if teleportation will be nerfed? I have read somewhere loftar said some nerf is to be done to it.
And btw I guess such workarounds do not provide the game with charm
Qeeet

Postby bitza » Mon May 04, 2015 12:42 am

Qeeet wrote:
yes, it can be as a workaround at least in current world. But what about if teleportation will be nerfed? I have read somewhere loftar said some nerf is to be done to it.
And btw I guess such workarounds do not provide the game with charm

then don't play it. nobody gives a shit about your complaining
Karede wrote: It takes a special kind of autism to play this game
bitza

Postby burgingham » Mon May 04, 2015 5:16 am

Qeeet wrote:

A brickwall is supposed to be an achievement of a group and an incredibly hard thing to do for a single person (all workarounds aside, I agree with you those shouldn't be any part of the reasoning against your idea). This game needs more ways to support playing together not less. If any hermit can achieve the highest tier of protection in the game, something is wrong.
burgingham

Postby Patchouli_Knowledge » Mon May 04, 2015 6:35 am

It is probably less because clay is so rare but more of the fact that brickwall is actually the minimal structure required to be remotely safe. This is due to the fact that its prior wall, the palisade might as well be made out of paper for mid-late game factions. The fact that people actually seem to break open palisade just to look at what is inside shows how much of a joke people actually take it. The issue is less because of the soak factor but more of the fact that if you have a good amount of damage per hit, walls (well any structures in general) don't have much HP to really stand for long).
-=The law of inverse desire=- The chances of dropping what you want is the reciprocal of how much you want it.
Patchouli_Knowledge

PreviousNext

Return to Critique & Ideas