Witchcraft! (an idea, or at least an interesting dream)

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

Witchcraft! (an idea, or at least an interesting dream)

Postby Woot » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:19 pm

So I had a weird dream, ever play hnh so much you dream about it?
It started as I was walking my boat to a river on my nooblet alt, a Dhelmer boated up and I couldn't put my boat down the first few tries as I got stuck on a stump, when I finally did, he got me.
He punched me out, and then used a move I'd never seen before, and my character got surrounded by purple smoke like when you quell the beast and I was a pig!
after that he slaughtered me for my meat... So I got on the forums, posted screenshot and asked what the hell happened?
From there I learned that there had been an update, and that if you build an alter (Bones, string, boards, sticks and a developed skull) you can harvest "a terrible nightmare" from it during the full moon.
With that, you can use a move similar to throw sand in that it uses an item in your inventory, and can turn a KO player into a pig at the quality of their con.

A pig which you can then leash and drag around, And apparently you could drag that pig through the woods where it would see bright orange scents witch it could dig and find truffles the rare and delicious mushroom, (truffle sniffing pigs are real) If a transformed pig eats three truffles, he turns back into a hearthling. but if a pig just digs the truffles someone else can pick them and they were an amazing curio or a food item like pepper that would add LP to food based on Q (hard capped by survival)

And that the whole thing was part of a Halloween update (dreams right?) that added swamp hags which could turn you into mice or frogs for a few minutes. and also mountain ogres, which threw stones at you from a distance and ran away if you got close so they could throw more stones.

But I thought the truffle hunting pig thing was the most interesting, what do you guys think?
To: Woot
deffinitely, best fight i've ever gotten
Thanks man.
Woot

Re: Witchcraft! (an idea, or at least an interesting dream)

Postby krikke93 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:36 pm

Wow, you have very immaginative dreams. I like it.
I, personally, like the idea of an altar being able to harvest terrible nightmares from during full moon (which would either be a curio or something to craft stuff with) and the truffle-hunting pigs. Truffles would be an awesome curio and/or food ingredient. This would also make pigs more useful, as they are worth nothing alive.
Best idea I've read in a long time :)
Hope you have a great day
krikke93

Postby Amanda44 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:45 pm

When I saw 'witchcraft' I nearly didn't look, I figured it was going to be a 'make Haven more like Salem' thing - urgh!

However, it wasn't and I like the idea of truffle hunting pigs though, not with all the other stuff mixed in, lol, just normal pigs that you can train or buy a skill for so they can truffle hunt. (Actually, I think this was discussed before .... not sure)

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=9233&p=102208#p102208

Lol, planned, what happened guys?

I've always wished we could do more with the animals, like ploughing with cows, dying sheeps wool with inks, breeding rabbits and so on but I think most have been covered at some point, all of mine definitely, over and over again, lol.
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Woot » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:50 pm

Yeah, I have very vivid dreams, and weird sleep overall, I didn't much care about the ogres or hags, they were an aside to the pig thing, which was really really cool to me.
Also as far as balance goes not sure it effects much, once your KO it's over anyways nine times out of ten.
Thanks man.
Woot

Postby Amanda44 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:03 pm

The very first dream I ever had about Haven was just me in a forest full of tree's constructing a wooden house, it went on forever and even in the dream I was really fed up! Worst dream ever! :lol:
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Prowny » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:18 pm

I've dreamed of haven too a few times

usually a good sign that you need a break

I think the idea is interesting, if you had like a village role attached to it (shaman/witch/whatever).
These people could turn KO'd players into animals, and then the player has to wander around looking for a certain type of fruit to recover their hearthling form (maybe having to eat x number of said fruits, or spending at least 3 days in animal form).
I think it could work as a way to dissuade griefers.
Last edited by Prowny on Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
loftar wrote:The tears in this thread are so delicious
Prowny

Postby krikke93 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:23 pm

I dream about most games I play, even if I don't play them that much. I hardly have nights without dreams :D
Hope you have a great day
krikke93

Postby Woot » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:01 pm

Same here.
Thanks man.
Woot

Postby Woot » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:33 pm

I now regret using the word witchcraft, That is a salem thing isn't it?
Still, truffle sniffing pigs would be awesome, doubly so if they were unwilling players.
Thanks man.
Woot

Postby painhertz » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:43 am

I had WAY too many Haven dreams.
"I shall PERSONALLY witness for you at the shiny, chrome gates of Valhalla!"
painhertz

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas