The size of claim

Thoughts on the further development of Haven & Hearth? Feel free to opine!

The size of claim

Postby Qeeet » Sat May 02, 2015 10:49 am

I have spent about 20 min just going through the someone's single claim my boat. In total I saw 4 very big claims. I believe the basic purpose of claim is protect your stuff, so you can track down the thief if something was stolen.
Since the map is very limited I suggest one of the following workarounds to do something to claim size:
1) the costs per tile increases exponentially after 10k (for ex.) tiles claimed.
2) make amount of tiles claimed per one character limited.

If you really want to claim all the world, you still have a possibility to do this using village claim
Qeeet

Re: The size of claim

Postby Saxony4 » Sat May 02, 2015 11:59 am

suck on my 20mil LP claim

No claim size limit is really crazy though, as long as no other claims are obstructing it, it can go on forever.
loftar wrote:git da mony
Saxony4

Postby borka » Sat May 02, 2015 12:35 pm

If you think the map is limited i guess you didn't see all 7x7.

A huge claim is the best just to avoid new chars doing the stupid stuff a lot of them do. So your assumption about protection against skilled players (criminal acts) is plain wrong. ;)
Last edited by borka on Sat May 02, 2015 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
borka

Postby Qeeet » Sat May 02, 2015 12:35 pm

Saxony4 wrote:No claim size limit is really crazy though, as long as no other claims are obstructing it, it can go on forever.

yeah, really its insane!!
Yesterday I just wanted to raid some ants, blueberries and I just got bored waiting when a single claim ends :evil:
Qeeet

Postby Qeeet » Sat May 02, 2015 12:37 pm

borka wrote:If you think the map is limited i guess you didn't see all 7x7.

A huge claim is the best just to avoid new chars doing the stupid stuff a lot of them do. So your assumption about protection against skilled players (criminal acts) is plain wrong. ;)

you can do the same using village claim. The point is that with village claim the person will think twice if to put claim or not.
Qeeet

Postby borka » Sat May 02, 2015 12:56 pm

lol reality says otherwise ... be it pclaim or vclaim both state the same: occupied ... and both have the same 5 tile distance

And btw.what do you think how many villages should a hermit run ?!? ¦]

I even found a starter (dead) guy that thought he was smart to drop his HF in the gap between 2 pclaims ... to bad the boar had a very good laugh on him ... :P

If the big pclaims bother you: just move elsewhere (or hinder them expanding with your own pclaims)

going through your old posts it looks to me that you rather not blame yourself for not being able to handle the given game mechanics but better blame others that just handle it...

but anyways hafen is in the making and loftar and jorb prolly care about
borka

Postby LadyV » Sat May 02, 2015 1:57 pm

If you limit personal claims to much all your going to do is force more conflict.
LadyV

Postby jtpitner » Sat May 02, 2015 2:59 pm

This was gone over already in hafen they are talking about making impossible to store lp in claims like a safe guard maybe it will cost more or limit them not sure....
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
jtpitner

Postby Qeeet » Sat May 02, 2015 3:24 pm

jtpitner wrote:This was gone over already in hafen they are talking about making impossible to store lp in claims like a safe guard maybe it will cost more or limit them not sure....

if that is true it would be really nice :)
Qeeet

Postby Qeeet » Sat May 02, 2015 3:27 pm

LadyV wrote:If you limit personal claims to much all your going to do is force more conflict.

the point of limiting posibilities with private claim is to balance players who prefer to play alone.
I wouldn't like seeing 1 person having 10 alts and each alt possesses 20milion exp claim which cover 5000x5000 size area
Qeeet

Next

Return to Critique & Ideas