Coronavirus

The Place Where Bad Threads Go To Die.

Re: Coronavirus

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:45 pm

It'll just migrate across the border from the US in Vancouver most likely if it hasnt already come in via an airport or seaport
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Burinn » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:47 pm

Don't be old, or already immuno-compromised, and you'll probably be fine.
sabinati wrote:do you expect me to just check the forum constantly, fuck off
Burinn

Postby Zentetsuken » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:55 pm

MagicManICT wrote:It'll just migrate across the border from the US in Vancouver most likely if it hasnt already come in via an airport or seaport

Not sure about how Canada is doing but I suspect that Vancouver would be one of the least safe spots from Corona.
Zentetsuken

Postby LadyV » Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:14 pm

Worst case as one scientist said 70% of the world population will become infected. Most will show no signs but act as carriers. The death rate is 2-3%. You do the math on a global scale. Bear in mind this is the worst case.
LadyV

Postby Zentetsuken » Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:02 pm

LadyV wrote:Worst case as one scientist said 70% of the world population will become infected. Most will show no signs but act as carriers. The death rate is 2-3%. You do the math on a global scale. Bear in mind this is the worst case.

We have no idea what the death rate is because we have only 2 months of totally bullshit numbers to calculate it off of.
Zentetsuken

Postby jordancoles » Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:48 am

Zentetsuken wrote:These are the websites I am using to follow the numbers

https://ncov2019.live/data

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps ... 7b48e9ecf6

The thing that is fucking wild to me is how countries like Italy have such a exponential growth in reported cases and DEATHS compared to Chinese provinces.

These Chinese provinces took well over a month to initiate controversial hardcore containment and quarantining measures like literally welding people in to homes, meanwhile their numbers are somehow stagnant.

I really wonder if we will ever see any real data about the true impact and loss of lives that happened in these areas.

3 confirmed in India as of right now and no deaths. If the virus takes off in India I would imagine they will be reaaaally fucked
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby NeoBasilisk » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:19 am

Some kind of plague in haven would be pretty hilarious because it would seriously fuck up the largest villages while the hermits would be less affected
NeoBasilisk

Postby HarryDresden » Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:48 am

Once shit goes sideways I'll happily hole up in my place and play HnH til the lights go out.
Yes, I am a Wizard.
loftar wrote: bear fruit is not something I can predict,.

Beborn Beton wrote: "Don't Worry, They Won't Find My Body, I Want You To Know I Found Peace In Another World."
HarryDresden

Postby shubla » Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:40 am

Burinn wrote:Don't be old, or already immuno-compromised, and you'll probably be fine.

Old people dying is ok.
Sick people dying is ok.
1% of healthy people dying is ok.

Saying things like that is not very nice!

Majority of people in world live in areas without proper healthcare, so WAY more than 1% of healthy will die.
If enough people get infected, capacity of healthcare will end also in "developed" nations, resulting in a lot more than 1% deadliness in healthy people.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby kirion » Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:28 pm

shubla wrote:
Burinn wrote:Don't be old, or already immuno-compromised, and you'll probably be fine.

Old people dying is ok.
Sick people dying is ok.
1% of healthy people dying is ok.

Saying things like that is not very nice!

But it's the truth, and the truth is very rarely nice to hear about, to be honest. And he didn't say that people dying was OK, where did you get that?
kirion

PreviousNext

Return to Hel