Coronavirus

The Place Where Bad Threads Go To Die.

Re: Coronavirus

Postby Archiplex » Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:37 am

schizo thread
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:03 am

Teleskop wrote:yes except when young people and even people who encourage to get vaxxed die within few days of taking the vaccine and theres media silence about such cases

In conclusion: shit happens to the nicest people sometimes. Do you not get in a car because there's a 1 in 107 chance you're going to die in a car crash? (pulled that number off the first hit from a search on duckduckgo.)

You're less likely to die while taking mass transit, but when a serious issue occurs, more people die at once. Aircraft passengers are particularly vulnerable. A lot of people see such statistics as a rationalization to not fly, yet you're approximately 100k times safer.

Be smart. Learn how to read the statistics. If you aren't sure, consult a reliable professional. Only You can prevent Facebook Stupidity.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby telum12 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:36 pm

If you don't want to learn how to read statistics, you need to make a different choice:

1. Trust scientific consensus. There's a HUGE amount of people who have dedicated their lives to science who generally believe the same things. Trusting these people seems reasonable, given their knowledge and background.

2. Trust random shit you saw on facebook, or the scientific minority. (Honestly, if 1% of scientists believe X, while 99% of scientists believe Y, I'm more inclined to think that the 1% is being bribed than the 99%).

This has nothing to do with media. I don't really read the news for my COVID information, since journalists are generally not scientists.
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

Postby Teleskop » Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:19 pm

even the inventor of the mrna vaccine agrees covid one is fishy xD
eQual part of experts - virologists,doctors,biologists agree on the absurdality of covid
they just get silenced and their claims dont reach the public unlike the vaxxers
also >scientific experts
more like experts of worldview creation for people that cant do their own research xD
https://www.laquintacolumna.net/ here you are - experts against vaccines
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7357498/
some research
why is treatment like acetylocysteine,ivermectine,amantadine surpressed in favor of GETTING VAXED AS IT IS THE ONLY CURE
if you cant think for yourself leave it for the EXPERTS sure xD
Baldarich wrote:Im writing this just to increase my post count xd

One time i visited Ozzy and i farted and he took a big vacuum cleaner and sucked the fart into a big container with an inhalation mask attached to it and i asked why would he need such thing and he said he likes to smell farts
Teleskop

Postby telum12 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:09 pm

Teleskop wrote:even the inventor of the mrna vaccine agrees covid one is fishy xD
eQual part of experts - virologists,doctors,biologists agree on the absurdality of covid
they just get silenced and their claims dont reach the public unlike the vaxxers
also >scientific experts
more like experts of worldview creation for people that cant do their own research xD
https://www.laquintacolumna.net/ here you are - experts against vaccines
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7357498/
some research
why is treatment like acetylocysteine,ivermectine,amantadine surpressed in favor of GETTING VAXED AS IT IS THE ONLY CURE
if you cant think for yourself leave it for the EXPERTS sure xD

You just linked to some random Spanish website. Good for you.

That paper is not about suppression of treatments and, in fact, has nothing to do about vaccines.
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

Postby Teleskop » Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:52 pm

>random spanish website

ha ha you cant even realize this website is about all the research done about vaccines by some people that go by the profession of your beloved SCIENCE EXPERTS

i see the vaccine neurodegenerative processes are already on the way in your case xD
Baldarich wrote:Im writing this just to increase my post count xd

One time i visited Ozzy and i farted and he took a big vacuum cleaner and sucked the fart into a big container with an inhalation mask attached to it and i asked why would he need such thing and he said he likes to smell farts
Teleskop

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:43 pm

Not really in the mood to translate the Spanish site, and not sure who runs it. I recognize the NIH (US National Institute of Health) site, though. I don't think there is much there about vaccines. It's merely describing what is currently known about covid-19.

If a person doesn't want to take the vaccine because they're unsure of the long term results, that's fine. I can quite understand that stance. A person is, in effect, becoming a bit of a lab rat for newer technology. I think there are more than a few other reasonable exceptions in addition to that. What's not fine is spreading utter bullshit and calling it science. Be a man. Stand up and be honest. You don't lose face for not trusting something, but you will for looking like a moron, sucker, or any other term for a patsy.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby shubla » Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:49 am

If a person doesn't want to take the vaccine because they're unsure of the long term results, that's fine. I can quite understand that stance.

How is new unknown vaccine more dangerous than new unknown disease? Long term effect of covid infection is not understood either.
mrna vaccines have been researched for more than a decade.
Assuming that everything can have long term effects is stupid, you don't even know how the vaccine works exactly. Could be that it literally cannot have any delayed effects that would magically appear out of nothing after a few years because of biological reasons.
Even if you'd not want to take this "experimental" vaccine you could take a more traditional vaccine soon (or maybe now already) assuming that your country accepts it.
If somebody does not take a vaccine and that results in death and more restrictions, does he really have right to do that? Why would somebody have right to cause death and harm to others just because one believes in conspiracy theories?

And if you don't want to believe in modern medicine in general, then do it properly. If you get infected, stay home, no crooked ventilators, experimental blood thinners or any other kind of treatments. Healthcare should be take it or leave it style of package.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:13 pm

shubla wrote:How is new unknown vaccine more dangerous than new unknown disease? Long term effect of covid infection is not understood either.

I think that's the point. We don't know, so why should a person trust what is said about one thing over another? Just to note, I'm stating this for argument's sake. With polio and many of the other prior vaccines, we knew what the long term effects and death rates of an infection were before the vaccine was created.

Also, I assume everything has a long term effect. We just aren't able to sort the noise out of the data and pin a particular problem. It's how tobacco companies were able to deny the probability of cancer for so many years.
MagicManICT

Postby shubla » Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:10 am

It's how tobacco companies were able to deny the probability of cancer for so many years.

One could argue that these days the process of doing science/statistics etc. is way more rigid and refined than it was 100's of years ago so you cannot compare these two.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

PreviousNext

Return to Hel