I had a question about a potential hack a player was using!

The Place Where Bad Threads Go To Die.

I had a question about a potential hack a player was using!

Postby PacoBelan » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:03 am

First off, I've been playing the game on and off since old haven, so I'm aware there are custom clients and world maps, etc etc, but this is something I'd not seen before, and I was wondering how widespread it was, because it sorta ruins the appeal for me, and if it's a new common thing I'm probably gonna step out (which is fine; I understand the game is very mildly moderated to put it lightly and I've accepted that)

Anyway, getting to the point, a player seemed to be speedhacking? He was blinking forward in a straight line really fast, and he turned around and sorta teleported up to me, then ran off again. I've never seen that, and as far as I can tell it's not some sort've new feature, my first expectation was that it was someone fast traveling and I was just seeing them briefly exist in that "chunk" and then move on, but they wouldn't be ablehttps://9apps.ooo/
to turn around if that was the case, much less float up to me.

At any rate, if that's some sorta hack I'd like to know how widespread it is; if this is a one in a million thing I'm probably fine with it, but if people are commonly speedhacking around the map to wherever they want, that's a bit too much for me I think.
Last edited by PacoBelan on Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
PacoBelan

Re: I had a question about a potential hack a player was usi

Postby Ardennesss » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:15 pm

You probably ran into jorb or loftar (the devs) with their invisibility turned off.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby vatas » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:20 pm

The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby SlightEye » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:45 pm

Might also be a bug. My hose didn't load in one time, I had to relog before it appeared where I expected it in the first place. If that happens with another players horse as the move into range it might look like they are moving faster than they should. Ofc if the were moving faster than a horse could, than it is brobs the devs.
SlightEye

Return to Hel