Bugged animals can't be butchered

The Place Where Bad Threads Go To Die.

Bugged animals can't be butchered

Postby bidenpriece » Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:45 am

Getting a weird bug with my wooden butcher table, where it will not actually allow me to butcher anything because it "Needs Materials." The title says it all: Any time I try to right click to have somebody butcher a fresh corpse on priority, I get this message and it doesn't allow me to assign the task. As a result, I have unfortunately had to let the corpses of several maneating animals go to waste on an already grueling difficulty setting. For the record, they were killed by my wooden traps, if that matters at all.

No, I am not in a situation where my only butchers are pacifists (ie: can't use violence.) Yes, the corpses are fresh. Yes, all ingredients are allowed. Yes, I have tried uninstalling/ reinstalling the butcher table, moving it much closer to the corpses (it was only a couple of rooms over before,) changing the butcher table's stockpile rules, etc... I'm really not sure what the fuck I'm supposed to do here. And I want to eat these goddamn capybaras. I've had no problems butchering creatures in any game prior to this one. What is going on?
bidenpriece

Return to Hel