Game Development: Iced Bait

The Place Where Bad Threads Go To Die.

Re: Game Development: Iced Bait

Postby Nightdawg » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:19 pm

jorb wrote:Becoming knocked out now opens a small dialogue, giving you explicit choices on how to respond to the KO, with traveling to Hearth Fire being the pre-selected default.

So I travel back to my hearth even if I'm disconnected while being knocked out, yes? Even if I get knocked out AFTER disconnecting, yes?

THIS FUCKING WINDOW HAS A POINT YES?

IT PREVENTS THE ONLY THING IT'S SUPPOSED TO PREVENT FORM HAPPENING, YES?

THE UNFAIR VARIABLES I HAVE ZERO CONTROL OVER, YES?

THE ONLY CANCEROUS THING I CAN NOT CONTROL IN PVP, YES?

THE ONLY PIECE OF SHIT MECHANIC THAT YOU WON'T RESTORE MY CHARACTER FOR, CAUSE SOME FAULTY WIRE IN A CITY'S ELECTRICAL SYSTEM IS APPARENTLY "MY FAULT", YES?
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Nightdawg » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:34 pm

This has to be a fucking joke, you're literally spitting in your players' faces by adding this half-half-half(1/8th) assed fix that doesn't even fix the problem it's supposed to fix.
Nightdawg

Postby Nightdawg » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:42 pm

LET ME FUCKING PORT BACK HOME IF YOUR STUPID GAME CRASHES FOR FUCK'S SAKE

I DON'T CARE WHAT YOUR BRONZE LEVEL HERMIT ASS WANTS whEn You'rE far FrOm HoMe, your opinion literally desn't matter, you don't play your own game.

GIVE ME AN OPTION AT LEAST.

I CRASHED 10 TIMES JUST IN A BAT DUNGEON, I CRASHED 4TIMES IN A ROW IN ONE SINGLE PVP FIGHT AT SOME POINT
Nightdawg

Postby Nightdawg » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:46 pm

AND YOU CAN'T FUCKING COUNT ON THE PLAYERBASE TO FIX YOUR RETARDED MECHANICS ON THEIR OWN, WHEN SOME SACRAER RETARD STARTS SCREAMING "Haha ko hIM hE cRAshED" literally 1 hour after he and his furry boyfriend crash 2 times in a row and we leave them alone for the sake of fun.

And before you tell me to not pvp, you play your game for months and don't pvp, I will personally search for you and show you what it means to be a helpless fucking hermit in your stupid game
Nightdawg

Postby Nightdawg » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:47 pm

pawnchito wrote:Doesnt this change do that? If you get knocked out the dialog box youve chosen is the action that occurs?

loftard wrote:thE acTiONS aRE tIeD tO tHe ui, aNd THE Ui CaN ONLy ExiST wheN therE's a seSSiOn. IT waSN't rEaLly iNtENDED aS CrASh-PROofING,, just me spitting in your faces you pvp retards, go farm some beetroots
Nightdawg

Postby Nightdawg » Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:48 pm

fucking curfew me forever, i'm done

fuck all of you who buy gold subs btw (except for a couple of people I know)
Last edited by Nightdawg on Sun Nov 07, 2021 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nightdawg

Game Development: Iced Bait

Postby Xoatl » Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:51 am

strpk0 wrote:
Xoatl wrote:You literally kill thousands of players every world before they can get a fraction of your stats then act like you want more competition.

If you think what people who die to snail need is "time" or "more stats" to stand a chance then people with half a brain already know everything they need about you to safely discard your opinion. Please take it to C&I where it can be quarantined like the rest of the useless garbage that people who barely play the game love to complain about.

Thankfully we will never find out and his fragile ego will never be challenged. Because chasing down sprucecaps as they run from you is considered "PvP" by you people with "half a brain". :lol:

Also to address your edit. Im not complaining about anything. SnuggleSnail earned his rep, I just think he should own it more. You're the dudes complaining here... Is this a weak attempt at gaslighting?
Xoatl

Postby DDDsDD999 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:54 am

Xoatl wrote:
strpk0 wrote:
Xoatl wrote:You literally kill thousands of players every world before they can get a fraction of your stats then act like you want more competition.

If you think what people who die to snail need is "time" or "more stats" to stand a chance then people with half a brain already know everything they need about you to safely discard your opinion. Please take it to C&I where it can be quarantined like the rest of the useless garbage that people who barely play the game love to complain about.

Thankfully we will never find out and his fragile ego will never be challenged. Because chasing down sprucecaps as they run from you is considered "PvP" by you people with "half a brain". :lol:

Also to address your edit. Im not complaining about anything. SnuggleSnail earned his rep, I just think he should own it more. You're the dudes complaining here... Is this a weak attempt at gaslighting?

No one cares about your gay fetish you stupid nematode, we're all here to say outlaw bad.
DDDsDD999

Postby dafels » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:16 pm

Kaios wrote:
SnuggleSnail wrote:
Kaios wrote:Do you play any other games where the players have such a huge impact on the overall dynamics of interaction and a significant impact on player population to the point where some players are quite literally prevented from enjoying their time?

DayZ, Rust, World of Warcraft: Ascension, Tibia, Old School Runescape: Deadman Mode, Mortal Online, 200 different Ultima clones, EVE, Linkrealms, and Unturned off the top of my head.

Out of these the only one that rly has a timeout/gay baby jail mechanic that's just waiting is DMM. It's only like 5 minutes and actually has some impact on gameplay other than wasting your time. You can even still logout and do it later if you need to take a shit, tho. I can tell you FOR SURE if you tried to add a redhand timer to any of these games people would go fucking apeshit ballistic. I think the only reason nobody went apeshit ballistic in hafen over it is because it was added in world 8, and everybody was busy going apeshit ballistic over other stuff.

You didn't address the other question I asked which was whether or not those games are increasing in player count, though I think I could make the educated guess that the majority in that category are not. I do think it's interesting that you mention there being "200 different Ultima clones" but perhaps haven't considered as to why so many make attempts to emulate those older games in the first place.

Anyways, I don't think those are very good comparisons as most of them don't involve the same amount of time investment that a game like Haven & Hearth does. In Rust you spend far less time reaching a point where you are capable of effectively defending and counter-attacking against other players, and the time-investment for crafting and construction is also significantly less in comparison. In Haven & Hearth on the other hand, that is hardly ever the case beyond the early stages of a world. The arguments for why Red-handed is a poor mechanic seem logical and I don't disagree with them, but to say that no consequences for actions are required because the players should enact their own justice has no substantial basis for reasoning.

Just like raiders need tools to perform acts of thievery and destruction, so too are tools necessary for the defenders to perform counters of their own. Consequences don't necessarily have to entail something negative happening to the perpetrator, but at the very least should allow for a reasonable level of retaliation or retribution to occur on the part of the "victim" in the scenario.

bruh you're one of the reasons why this game is at the point it is now
dafels

Postby Jalpha » Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:47 am

Just stating for the record that right now the primary reason I would not start a RoB esque village is because of snail and others like him/her/it not because of the inevitable hate that any village run by me would attract.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Next

Return to Hel