A Plea for Moderation

The Place Where Bad Threads Go To Die.

Re: A Plea for Moderation

Postby Jessie » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:04 pm

Jalpha wrote:Given that I am accessing this website through a public wifi network at a hostel where I am staying right now and given that staff go through other peoples browsing history one could argue otherwise in a court of law.

I've also been accessing this site via public wifi networks all across Europe. Be interesting to see what kind of legal support could be acquired.

Probably none, its Europe.
Jessie

Postby Nightdawg » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:05 pm

You've been describing your predatory behaviour through public wifi, shot yourself in the foot there didn't you?
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby DatSheep » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:05 pm

Jalpha wrote:Given that I am accessing this website through a public wifi network at a hostel where I am staying right now and given that staff go through other peoples browsing history one could argue otherwise in a court of law.

I've also been accessing this site via public wifi networks all across Europe. Be interesting to see what kind of legal support could be acquired.

Hostel staff has a lot more to worry about than what we're saying if you don't keep your desires to yourself.
Something died in my basement and gave me rubella
DatSheep

Postby Kaios » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:06 pm

DatSheep wrote:Bruv just give it up. This is a fucking bubble of a forum for a small MMO game. No one's reputation on here is going to haunt them in the real world or the rest of the internet. Unless they internalize having the metaphorical mirror held up to them so hard that they are distressed irl

I don't disagree with you, but it's how casually such a statement is thrown around that frustrates me. There are very terrible people in this world that get away with such heinous acts every day and these morons want to act like the heroes of virtue because they called one dude in this tiny community a pedophile based on very meager and unsubstantiated information. That is exactly the reason why actual criminals don't get taken seriously when it matters.
Last edited by Kaios on Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaios

Postby DatSheep » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:06 pm

Nightdawg wrote:You've been describing your predatory behaviour through public wifi, shot yourself in the foot there didn't you?

It's probably the unspoken norm in whatever backwater country he's squatting in to be fair.
DatSheep

Postby telum12 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:06 pm

Kaios wrote:
telum12 wrote:It's pretty weird that you think irl violence is okay because someone calls you a bad name. This might be a cultural thing, though.

So, a person active in this community makes comments that indicate that he's a child predator, or at the very least desires children, and you think we should just not discuss that or call him out on that? Yes, you're right, let's embrace the pedophiles. They should feel safe in our community :)

Violence as the first or only reaction is never okay, but what you're saying is more than just calling someone a bad name. Someone's life can be ruined because of an accusation like that, and if the accusations are false, what right do you have to quite seriously and irreparably destroy someone else's reputation because you believe that is the truth? This is something that could cost someone their job, their friends, their family, their entire life. If it's true I think they deserve to lose all that and suffer more, most assuredly. However, if you're wrong about it and yet you cause someone to suffer those consequences, are you alright with that?

Also, nothing is ever truly deleted and you should be smart enough to realize that as well. If you were actually serious about these accusations then perhaps you would go through the proper channels to confirm them, but it seems you'd rather sit here on the forum hurling around baseless insults towards someone you have never met. To me that speaks volumes about you, nevermind whatever Jalpha is saying.

https://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=71957&p=892100#p892100

This is the only time I've said pedo to Jalpha, and that was more as a joking way of telling him to shut up about his conspiracy about why he was being accused of pedophilia. I'm not quite sure how I'm ruining his life.

Actually, I'm not sure how any of this is ruining his life. All it does is ruin his reputation on this forum, and within this community. But hey, when you make suggestive comments about children on a public discord with a bunch of people online, that tends to happen.
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

Postby Nightdawg » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:07 pm

Kaios wrote:I don't disagree with you, but it's how casually such a statement is thrown around that frustrates me. There are very terrible people in this world that get away with such heinous acts every day and these morons want to act like the heroes of virtue because they called one dude in this tiny community a pedophile based on very meager and unsubstantiated information. That is exactly the reason why actual criminals don't get taken seriously when it matters.

And yet, your score so far is:
- People Kaios called out for being pedos/predators/homophobic/misogynistic = 0
- People Kaios defended for being pedos/predators/homophobic/misogynistic = 1

hahahahaaa
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby DatSheep » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:08 pm

Kaios wrote:
DatSheep wrote:Bruv just give it up. This is a fucking bubble of a forum for a small MMO game. No one's reputation on here is going to haunt them in the real world or the rest of the internet. Unless they internalize having the metaphorical mirror held up to them so hard that they are distressed irl

I don't disagree with you, but it's how casually such a statement is thrown around that frustrates me. There are very terrible people in this world that get away with such heinous acts every day and these morons want to act like the heroes of virtue because they called one dude in this tiny community a pedophile based on very meager and unsubstantiated information. That is exactly the reason why actual criminals don't get taken seriously when it matters.

Useless rhetoric for this instance, and frankly you're wasting your concerns. This man has shown time and time again that he has pedophilic tendencies. Call a spade and spade and have it over with, you spoon.
DatSheep

Postby telum12 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:10 pm

Kaios wrote:

That's a dumb-ass take. None of this minimalizes the criminality of sexually abusing children. Again, there's a difference between being a pedophile and a predator.

No one here thinks getting Jalpha out of this community somehow fixes anything, or is in any way heroic. If he were doing something criminal, it would not change because he's removed from this community. My personal theory is, simply, that people don't want him around because of his homophobic, misogynistic, creepy rambles.
MagicManICT wrote:To me, being called a pedo is exactly like being called gay.

Jalpha wrote:She must have been in heat bro. She was literally fanging for it. Literally posting repeatedly in chat, in all caps "DO IT! POST YOUR DICK! THERE'S NO WAY IT'S 7 INCHES!"

How could any hot-blooded male deny such a request under the circumstances.
telum12

Postby Jalpha » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:11 pm

I hope you have begun collecting all your supposed "evidence" in a nice tidy file.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

PreviousNext

Return to Hel