wtb customer service

The Place Where Bad Threads Go To Die.

wtb customer service

Postby Pommfritz » Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:23 pm

So someone gave me a token a few days ago for some trade/service. At the time I wasn't sure what I did the last time to put it in my hearthfire, I remembered it was to rightclick something. This time I rightclicked the token tho and then I selected "take your time".
Which was obviously stupid, it used up the token as I noticed when I checked a few hours later. Also the tooltip of the token doesn't say anything about rightclicking it on the hearthfire to store it. So I thought that was the way to go while I was sailing around. I'd say this was probably avoidable by me if I had searched the wiki or forum or something to make sure what I do so I made a misstake/missclick there.
The token basically added 1 month after my 1 year subscription to my account, which means I didn't use it yet. It's just gone, not injected into the economy or the game or anything. Would be a totally different story if I accidentally dropped it into the water or something.
Now I wrote Jorb on 8th December and sorry man I have to call you out here but you were not very helpful. I wrote again on 13th Dec asking what's up and he just replied that the consumption is permanent and sorry for my missclick. I was kinda tired and busy at the time so didn't relly do much about although it pissed me off.
Later on 14th I wrote him another message that I would like my token back and the 1 month extra game time deleted because of reasons above and he should let me know what he can do. Now it's the 17th Dec. No reply.

I don't know any game where you can't tell someone that you made a misstake with at least an item bought for real money and they won't try to help you out, especially not if it's your first time fucking something up and idc if I wasn't the person buying the token, someone paid money for it and that's how you treat it.

How about you finally give me that token back because I couldn't care less about 1 month extra in a year, it's just 1 month of waiting before I get a new sub to get playtime + hats or I quit because I don't support this kind of bullshit. And it was a genuine missclick/ brainlag/ whatever. There is nothing I can exploit with it and I'm also aware you don't wanna deal with such things but I guess you sell a product so sometimes shit happens.
Pommfritz

Re: wtb customer service

Postby tegoplplpl » Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:31 pm

Thats what you get for buying 1 year sub.
tegoplplpl

Postby DDDsDD999 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:34 pm

PM jorb and he might fix it
DDDsDD999

Postby Seriouskai » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:20 pm

DDDsDD999 wrote:PM jorb and he might fix it

He wrote to him on 3 separate occasions >_>

Just to see if I got everything right, you got a token in a trade, accidentally used it instead of store it due to unclear instructions on item, have asked jorb if it's possible to undo that and have not gotten an answer and/or help?

I've done stuff like that so many times but mostly in single player games and damn does it suck, but atleast there you can reload a save most of the time. I wonder if it's even possible to undo for this game, like if the system allows it or how it works. If it would require a day or more of programming to fix I doubt it would be done.

That said, there are a few things that would be nice to have in game, some more explanations for items and tooltips, and in your case especially. Also a verification like a second question with "Are you sure?" before it uses the item, if that's not already in there ofcourse. Haven't had a token myself yet :)
Seriouskai

Postby Pommfritz » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:50 pm

Yea that's what happened.
Pommfritz

Postby NeoRed9 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:02 pm

Jorb has been pretty good to me on customer support but it was a fairly different issue. If he reverses your mistake with an in game item he sets a precedent for a lot of work and whining.
NeoRed9

Postby pawnchito » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:07 pm

mfkrs its been hours come on now. should take this to another channel and let the thread die.
pawnchito

Postby dafels » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:08 pm

no customer service for you consumer sheeples
dafels

Postby Nightdawg » Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:48 pm

tegoplplpl wrote:Thats what you get for buying 1 year sub.
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby VDZ » Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:30 pm

Where do you draw the line, though? You used it by accident and want it back. What if you accidentally drop it in water (something still possible without custom clients that require an additional key to confirm)? Should that be restored as well? What if you had it in your inventory when you died and you were unable to recover it from the body? Or you left it in a container and the container decayed (bonus points if you bashed the container yourself)? Basically,
NeoRed9 wrote:If he reverses your mistake with an in game item he sets a precedent for a lot of work and whining.

It was 100% your fault, and the devs have a history of not restoring in-game property lost for whatever reason. Suggest improvements to make the mistake less likely (does using it have a timer at least? Other 'you may wish to reconsider doing this' stuff (e.g. animal castration and slaughtering) does), but you're unlikely to get it back.
VDZ

Next

Return to Hel