A Plea for Moderation

The Place Where Bad Threads Go To Die.

Re: A Plea for Moderation

Postby mvgulik » Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:19 pm

VDZ wrote:
mvgulik wrote:You did not comment one the "Imagine a wiki-talk page discussion without directly seeing who said what and when (in a potential non sequential order to boot)."
Would you like it to have to read/deal with talk pages without any signatures+dates as a MW user ?
And what would you do if you don't like that (no signatures+no dates) as Admin. Just keep fixing/adding them at infinitum, even if it seems intentional in some cases. ???

As long as sections are properly used when multiple 'threads' occur on the same page it's not much of a problem, really. In practice 'threads' on talk pages die very quickly after starting, so timestamps aren't that much of an issue.

Sure sure, and that will happen by itself. ... O wait, if I recall correctly, most first-talk users don't use the section option. Which I guess is also not a big issue as talk pages are not used that often. ... ... ...

Looking at it from the other side. Whats the big problem with following some simple and easy and painless common sense general MW rules. If one truly cares about RoB wiki its seems a small price/responsibility to pay/abide_by ... even if its only to make that silly RoB admin happy. ... "Happy wife, happy life" comes to mind.

Or perhaps I should not do any moderating on talk pages. ... O wait, I mostly stopped caring about that part some time ago.

(Cool. +1 to my foe list. (no. not you VDZ).)
Last edited by mvgulik on Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mvgulik

Postby mvgulik » Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:24 pm

Pills wrote:Why is there an argument about the wiki going on in the forum moderation thread. Y'all are wild

Well ... its kinda about moderating. [grin]
mvgulik

Postby ricky » Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:56 pm

I wasn't going to bother, but I was name dropped so let's do it.

Ad Hominem:
adjective
(of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.

Mvgulik is nothing less than an autistic swarm of pestilent insects lording over pile of shit of which he has successfully crowned himself king of by scaring literally everyone who might want to clean up the aforementioned pile of shit in order to make the park a little more tolerable for folk to walk through

[[[[[Obviously, the park is the Ring Of Brodgar Wiki, and the pile of shit is the throne upon which he proudly sits. The swarm of caustic, incoherent and autistically agressive bugs is literally Mvgulik, a la The Nightmare Before Christmas' Oogey Boogey ]]]]]

To frame the scene, in early 2016 I took it upon myself to Be The Change I wanted to See In The World and more or less single-handedly revitalized the RoB wiki in light of the Haven 2.0 Update.
When I started:
The Legacy and Hafen pages were integrated into one namespace, which i painstakingly sorted out.
Over half of all items and object had no page, or image, which I added
(I also found a nifty way to pull item's inventory picture straight from the haven server to get some wonderful, high quality item pictures without photoshop)
added FEP +2 to the infobox
added equipment stats to the infobox
added gilding items to the infobox
completely rebuilt tree infobox from the ground up
completely overhauled fish pages from the ground up
Generally speaking, redeemed the name of Ring of Brodgar Wiki amongst a group of retards who, generally speaking, make up their mind once about something.

After so many months of working by myself, I was approached by borka, then an admin for the RoB wiki, with a proposition to become admin. It allowed me some useful tools, such as bulk editing pages, deleting pages, and banning ( :twisted: ) users. I think in total over 3 years I banned less than 10 spam bots.

Enter MvGulik, incoherent Dutch tech-guru whose seventh language -rarely practiced- is english. A former admin who had since given up on the wiki to pursue loftier goals, presumably shouting at bird from his basement window for improperly eating rotten food out of his dumpster.

At first cordial, his true demeanor quickly showed itself. As his peer (read: fellow admin :o ) there was a moment in time where he *suggested* beavhioral changes I should undertake to help the wiki run smoother.
As MvGulik's peer, I would oblige his suggestions, perhaps half of the time, because more than half of the time his suggestions were inane bullshit which I didn't want to do. But naturally, as a wiki is a Collaborative effort, he took every *suggestion* I did not strictly adhere to as a personal slight. in this scenario where we both shared Administrative duties ( :o ) his word was law.

did someone say evidence???? I hope there's not some sort of operating procedure on handling this EVIDENCE that i'm violating!
Our first interaction: a mundane suggestion to adhere to an inane namespace rule (editor's note: at the time this suggestion was made to me, a total of 5 people or less were actively working on the wiki. There was no 'Convention' established between any of us.

second interaction. Another inane *suggestion* from mvgulik, of which I gave an honest and justifiable explanation to my reasoning.

Yet another example of his lording over the wiki like some sort of nazi riding into poland to reclaim the fatherland

And finally, him asking me to leave, while calling me lazy, stupid, and ignorant

for the whole show instead of the highlight reel, check out the source: https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/User_talk:Ricky

By the time this last correspondence was settled (august 2019) I was completely fed up and essentially stopped giving a shit about the wiki, along with everyone else who I had worked with previously. His behavior was unjustifiably rude, obnoxious, and downright fucking annoying. Imagine being told you're wiping your ass wrong by some no name dipshit whose sole pleasure in life is judging peoples' dirty assholes.

Now, all of this above can be chalked up to me and he having a so called beef, butting heads if you will. let's move to something that in no way involves me yet still completely demonstrates how paranoid and power mongering our resident savant is.

Mentioned previously: user Roskuwacz was permanently blocked on suspicion of alt abuse by Mvgulik (It was not alt abuse.)

The purely subjective junk/fluff in question:
Hmmm yes, very subjective

And here: some very damning evidence that Roskuwacz is Partylikeits1999 ( :o )

It's fun to note that Since his block (and subsequent unblocking after pleaing to Spiff) that Roscuwacz has yet to contribute to the wiki again. He was, understandably, turned off by rampant and unashamed display of narcissistic personality disorder displayed by the King Of Shit

Here on full display is the peak of Mvgulik's paranoid, power-horny abuse.

Lets break it down:
After Ostracizing Partylikeits1999 for several weeks for having a non-conforming signature (he signed off "and --Partylikeits1999" which is pretty funny), Mvgulik took it upon himself to ban a Roscuwacz, who with no more than 30 seconds of research (esp. with admin powers ( :o ) can be proven to have no relation to Partylikeits1999 AND ON TOP OF THAT delete actual in-game text written by the hand of jorb himself for seemingly being subjective and not fitting into the brainspace of our autistic overlord of the RoB wiki.

And for all his hard work, all I have left to say is: he can keep it. I've since washed my hands of the wiki, and by extension this game.
There's really nothing left of value for me to add, except this:
Mvgulik is a fucking retard and he always will be.
Last edited by ricky on Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Have a question? Need help? Tired of people asking questions? Haven and Hearth Wiki.
jorb wrote:Ideally the game should play itself.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
ricky

Postby xTrainx » Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:01 am

ricky wrote:I wasn't going to bother, but I was name dropped so let's do it.

Ad Hominem:
adjective
(of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.

Mvgulik is nothing less than an autistic swarm of pestilent insects lording over pile of shit of which he has successfully crowned himself king of by scaring literally everyone who might want to clean up the aforementioned pile of shit in order to make the park a little more tolerable for folk to walk through

[[[[[Obviously, the park is the Ring Of Brodgar Wiki, and the pile of shit is the throne upon which he proudly sits. The swarm of caustic, incoherent and autistically agressive bugs is literally Mvgulik, a la The Nightmare Before Christmas' Oogey Boogey ]]]]]

To frame the scene, in early 2016 I took it upon myself to Be The Change I wanted to See In The World and more or less single-handedly revitalized the RoB wiki in light of the Haven 2.0 Update.
When I started:
The Legacy and Hafen pages were integrated into one namespace, which i painstakingly sorted out.
Over half of all items and object had no page, or image, which I added
(I also found a nifty way to pull item's inventory picture straight from the haven server to get some wonderful, high quality item pictures without photoshop)
added FEP +2 to the infobox
added equipment stats to the infobox
added gilding items to the infobox
completely rebuilt tree infobox from the ground up
completely overhauled fish pages from the ground up
Generally speaking, redeemed the name of Ring of Brodgar Wiki amongst a group of retards who, generally speaking, make up their mind once about something.

After so many months of working by myself, I was approached by borka, then an admin for the RoB wiki, with a proposition to become admin. It allowed me some useful tools, such as bulk editing pages, deleting pages, and banning ( :twisted: ) users. I think in total over 3 years I banned less than 10 spam bots.

Enter MvGulik, incoherent russian tech-guru whose seventh language -rarely practiced- is english. A former admin who had since given up on the wiki to pursue loftier goals, presumably shouting at bird from his basement window for improperly eating rotten food out of his dumpster.

At first cordial, his true demeanor quickly showed itself. As his peer (read: fellow admin :o ) there was a moment in time where he *suggested* beavhioral changes I should undertake to help the wiki run smoother.
As MvGulik's peer, I would oblige his suggestions, perhaps half of the time, because more than half of the time his suggestions were inane bullshit which I didn't want to do. But naturally, as a wiki is a Collaborative effort, he took every *suggestion* I did not strictly adhere to as a personal slight. in this scenario where we both shared Administrative duties ( :o ) his word was law.

did someone say evidence???? I hope there's not some sort of operating procedure on handling this EVIDENCE that i'm violating!
Our first interaction: a mundane suggestion to adhere to an inane namespace rule (editor's note: at the time this suggestion was made to me, a total of 5 people or less were actively working on the wiki. There was no 'Convention' established between any of us.

second interaction. Another inane *suggestion* from mvgulik, of which I gave an honest and justifiable explanation to my reasoning.

Yet another example of his lording over the wiki like some sort of nazi riding into poland to reclaim the fatherland

And finally, him asking me to leave, while calling me lazy, stupid, and ignorant

for the whole show instead of the highlight reel, check out the source: https://ringofbrodgar.com/wiki/User_talk:Ricky

By the time this last correspondence was settled (august 2019) I was completely fed up and essentially stopped giving a shit about the wiki, along with everyone else who I had worked with previously. His behavior was unjustifiably rude, obnoxious, and downright fucking annoying. Imagine being told you're wiping your ass wrong by some no name dipshit whose sole pleasure in life is judging peoples' dirty assholes.

Now, all of this above can be chalked up to me and he having a so called beef, butting heads if you will. let's move to something that in no way involves me yet still completely demonstrates how paranoid and power mongering our resident savant is.

Mentioned previously: user Roskuwacz was permanently blocked on suspicion of alt abuse by Mvgulik (It was not alt abuse.)

The purely subjective junk/fluff in question:
Hmmm yes, very subjective

And here: some very damning evidence that Roskuwacz is Partylikeits1999 ( :o )

It's fun to note that Since his block (and subsequent unblocking after pleaing to Spiff) that Roscuwacz has yet to contribute to the wiki again. He was, understandably, turned off by rampant and unashamed display of narcissistic personality disorder displayed by the King Of Shit

Here on full display is the peak of Mvgulik's paranoid, power-horny abuse.

Lets break it down:
After Ostracizing Partylikeits1999 for several weeks for having a non-conforming signature (he signed off "and --Partylikeits1999" which is pretty funny), Mvgulik took it upon himself to ban a Roscuwacz, who with no more than 30 seconds of research (esp. with admin powers ( :o ) can be proven to have no relation to Partylikeits1999 AND ON TOP OF THAT delete actual in-game text written by the hand of jorb himself for seemingly being subjective and not fitting into the brainspace of our autistic overlord of the RoB wiki.

And for all his hard work, all I have left to say is: he can keep it. I've since washed my hands of the wiki, and by extension this game.
There's really nothing left of value for me to add, except this:
Mvgulik is a fucking retard and he always will be.
nice one, man
xTrainx

Postby BoxingRock » Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:08 am

ricky wrote:*literally tucking mvgulik in to the socially inept aggressive crazy person bed he made for himself and kissing him on the forehead*

based and rackypilled
"Not to say that we're in any way perfect, but for the most part, what you call "lack of communication" is simply reflective of how we develop." - loftar
BoxingRock

Postby bumfrog » Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:28 am

ricky wrote: *some serious gourmet shit*

As (I believe) the person who namedropped you, thanks. This is exactly the evidence I was referring to, and in spades.

Fuck mvg btw. If you’re reading this know that your actions come off as a) obnoxiously patronizing and b) the anally strict enforcement of opaque, subjective standards without willingness to compromise.
Ever heard of compromise? The thing well-adjusted people do when they collaborate? Since you know, you were equal to racky in terms of administrative power and evidently lower than him in both game knowledge and social tact.
Last edited by bumfrog on Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby WowGain » Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:14 am

ricky wrote:snip

Based rackypost as always. We haven't done much wiki collabing but you have always been a pleasure to work with on the projects that we have worked on.
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby DonVelD » Fri Apr 29, 2022 1:37 am

mvgulik wrote:Seem pretty easy to me, considering you already seem to have made up your mind on this.

Lmfao it sure is easy to discredit you because there is so much evidence of you being an absolute moron ^^^^
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby Archiplex » Fri Apr 29, 2022 3:22 am

surely nobody ever took this schizophrenic seriously
the proliferation of automation is the rot of this game, with the next worst thing being the filth that plays it (you, probably.)

W7 - Hermit
W8 - Co-LS of R'lyeh, Owner of the Hermitarium Knowledge Group
W9 - LS of Niflheim
W11 - Hermitage (named Niflheim)
W12 - Hermit -> some rando ass village i forgot the name of that i joined
W10,13-15 - N/A
Archiplex

Postby sabinati » Fri Apr 29, 2022 5:40 am

dafels wrote:
shubla wrote:You know the day moderators were found by looking right.

imo the perfect moderator would be who doesn't endulge in obvious shitpost threads to express their worthless opinions on matters and we have such a example of good moderator like sabinati if he's even still moderating the forums.
considering that it is hard to someone who doesn't post but could be moderated in the first place

blessings

Pills wrote:Why is there an argument about the wiki going on in the forum moderation thread. Y'all are wild

next posts in this thread about anything other than forum moderation gets a ban
sabinati

PreviousNext

Return to Hel