A Plea for Moderation

The Place Where Bad Threads Go To Die.

Re: A Plea for Moderation

Postby WowGain » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:53 am

mvgulik wrote:Believe whatever you like to believe.
I would not expect anything else from those that don't know fact from personal-believe/meme-fiction.

> "No one understood what you were trying to say was all."
Related topic was very clear on that particular subject. no?
It was intended for just one person. Everyone else ... did not need to get it.

Other fact.
None actually asked for any further clarification either (as expected). (ignored users excluded of course)
... Guess they did not really care to understand it either. (Those that do, usually write something ending with a question mark. I know, I know. Its a rarely used and mostly forgotten symbol ... I actually hear whispers in the wind about it being removed as separate key on future keyboards.)

jesus christ just shut up for once man, even the guy who your post was "intended for" didn't have a fucking idea what you were saying because you outright refuse to talk like a human being and instead have your heels dug into speaking like a god damn grey alien from proxima centauri.
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

A Plea for Moderation

Postby mvgulik » Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:26 am

ChildhoodObesity wrote:why should anyone have to put in extra effort just to understand what you're trying to say

Cool.
So I also don't have to put in extra effort just to understand others (including when there English seems off to me). Especially when it comes to RoB complaints.
Thank. "Will do"

ChildhoodObesity wrote:just make a normal bug report with your problem and it would've been addressed.

lol.
Yea with a potential maximum "Will consider" reply, copied & pasted from some "standard replies" list do doubt.

ChildhoodObesity wrote:because you're purposely being some mysterious retard. stop being an entitled little crybaby.

Perhaps a better target for comments like that are the retarded little crybabys that keep advertising (without any substantiating details I might add) there personal negative views on me and RoB.

Seems to me trying to getting trough to me jut became a little bit more harder.
I hope that was your target.
mvgulik

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:13 am

mvgulik wrote:
ChildhoodObesity wrote:why should anyone have to put in extra effort just to understand what you're trying to say

Cool.
So I also don't have to put in extra effort just to understand others (including when there English seems off to me). Especially when it comes to RoB complaints.
Thank. "Will do"

in this case you're purposely being difficult to understand rather than unintentionally being difficult to understand. as others pointed out, even the intended target of your post didn't understand. i hope you're trying to be unlikable because you sound like the most unlikable person of all time. also, people have valid critique on the way you handled the wiki which is adding incorrect information and REMOVING correct information.

mvgulik wrote:Perhaps a better target for comments like that are the retarded little crybabys that keep advertising (without any substantiating details I might add) there personal negative views on me and RoB.

i never even had an opinion of you or knew you ran the wiki until i saw that super stupid bug post you just complained about.
ChildhoodObesity

Postby WowGain » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:22 pm

mvgulik wrote: (including when there English seems off to me).

i dont think you get to complain about other people 'sounding weird' when you hardly even understand the english language
W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby mvgulik » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:43 am

ChildhoodObesity wrote:people have valid (unspecified) critique on the way you handled the wiki which is adding (unspecified) incorrect information and REMOVING (unspecified) correct information.

As expected ... just more hearsay and no substance.
mvgulik

Postby MadNomad » Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:48 am

mvgulik wrote:
ChildhoodObesity wrote:people have valid (unspecified) critique on the way you handled the wiki which is adding (unspecified) incorrect information and REMOVING (unspecified) correct information.

it is not just hearsay, for example on the mammoth page it says that "all old strategies don't work", but the old strategy of making palisade trap actually works and allows to easily kill them, speaking from experience

it also says that they "will execute you if they KO you", but it is true maybe if your HP is low, otherwise you're very likely to survive with minor to medium wounds, speaking from experience (yeah, I'm a sprucecap, laugh at me all you want if it makes you feel better, I don't care)
MadNomad

Postby Kaios » Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:22 am

Everyone can contribute to a wiki, and they are only as good as the contributions that are made to them.
Kaios

Postby MadNomad » Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:25 am

Kaios wrote:Everyone can contribute to a wiki, and they are only as good as the contributions that are made to them.

true, it is always better than nothing, and in general it is more helpful than hurtful, it may have lack of or fake information about one thing, but another one turns out to be true, and any help is better than nothing

in general it has a lot of useful information, it's just not perfect, but it's hard to make something that is
MadNomad

Postby bumfrog » Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:01 pm

Kaios wrote:Everyone can contribute to a wiki, and they are only as good as the contributions that are made to them.

what a silly thing to say in response to players pointing out that a wiki moderator, who has more power than the average user to make/delete contributions or prevent other players from making contributions, is abusing that power or at least using it foolishly
bumfrog
Under curfew

Postby mvgulik » Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:48 pm

MadNomad wrote:
mvgulik wrote:

it is not just hearsay, for example on the mammoth page it says that "all old strategies don't work", but the old strategy of making palisade trap actually works and allows to easily kill them, speaking from experience

it also says that they "will execute you if they KO you", but it is true maybe if your HP is low, otherwise you're very likely to survive with minor to medium wounds, speaking from experience (yeah, I'm a sprucecap, laugh at me all you want if it makes you feel better, I don't care)

Hearsay:
If one only reiterates some negatives views, advertised by a small group of misfits, without adding anything to show for it. I consider that hearsay, as its indistinguishable from "someone else told me that ...".

Mammoth:
Related texts where disabled.

Feel free to drop whatever else you think is wrong on RoB ... in the related RoB wiki topic.
Last edited by mvgulik on Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mvgulik

Next

Return to Hel