A Plea for Moderation

The Place Where Bad Threads Go To Die.

A Plea for Moderation

Postby BoxingRock » Tue May 03, 2022 8:53 pm

VDZ wrote:
jorb wrote:Long form can be motivated, but a TLDR/Executive summary helps sell it.

My problem is not with some people disliking long posts, but with those people trying to discourage long posts (or indeed anything beyond a couple lines). There's no point to spending effort writing proper arguments if everybody is discouraged from going deeper into discussion than just a handful of dumbed down sentences (or worse, '+1 I agree').

My dude, you are writing a dozen novellas a day in this forum. Repeating the same longwinded and out of touch arguments in politics threads, whining with massive pages of effortspaghetti and rebutting every tiny little thing you don't like from every post you see with full essays.

Please feel discouraged from continuing this. It is not normal. You spend hours a day in here doing this, every single day.

Nobody on this forum is interested in reading this much writing from ANYBODY, and literally nobody else is writing this much.

I think you should follow Madnomad's advice and take a break.
There is simply no need for this kind of behaviour. It is not healthy, it is not normal.

Stop it.
"Not to say that we're in any way perfect, but for the most part, what you call "lack of communication" is simply reflective of how we develop." - loftar
BoxingRock

Re: A Plea for Moderation

Postby Audiosmurf » Tue May 03, 2022 9:37 pm

BoxingRock wrote:There is simply no need for this kind of behaviour. It is not healthy, it is not normal.

jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Re: A Plea for Moderation

Postby Apocoreo » Thu May 05, 2022 7:02 pm

Why use many word when few word good
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Return to Hel