A Plea for Moderation

The Place Where Bad Threads Go To Die.

A Plea for Moderation

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:51 am

Jalpha wrote:Firstly allow me to inform you that I have been punished and have since avoided using certain words.

Secondly, facts are not hate speech. Do your own research. Ignorance is dangerous.

Thirdly, the posts deleted contained NSFW content. I didn't check, but somebody else must have, and must have filed a complaint. I myself have faced disciplinary action in the past over NSFW content which I considered harmless. Whether in the rules or not moderation is very heavy handed when it comes to NSFW posts.

Fourthly, you can't be hypocritical about name calling. You define certain words as hate speech not the moderation team. A certain group of notorious shitposters have been exploiting this, resulting in a disgraceful amount of toxic posts being smeared all over the forums, numerous of which have since been edited by the posters. For no other purpose than as a personal attack on myself. Like lol, I've never even complained once to the moderation team about this iirc.

The thread was a shitpost containment thread. You lot need another one.

Thanks for quoting that post, I never would have seen it otherwise.

As a closing comment I have to add that it is absolutely hilarious how few of you understood the meme which prompted my opening post in that thread.

who?
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Re: A Plea for Moderation

Postby Jalpha » Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:58 am

The thing you small minded grubs seem ignorant to is that Seatribe is not a democracy. It's a dictatorship. This isn't Reddit or some other social media sjw-festival where you can bot alternative opinions into oblivion simply by hating on them and anyone who agrees with them.

All hail the seatribe dictators! Huzzah! Huzzah!

Democracy is a farcical reprentation of the best interests of the mob. The world needs more dictators to save us from ourselves.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:01 am

asked
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby The_Lich_King » Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:23 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:asked

I assure you, Zente and his boys are out looking for who asked as we speak.

I salute Zenteskun and his men for their service to this forum.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

Postby Jalpha » Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:37 am

My counter-argument is simply this;

The majority of posts made by the complainants toward or referencing me constitute a sustained personal attack which can be clearly defined as hateful speech directed towards an individual (namely myself) for no other reason than that my opinions are different to theirs.

Hate speech is a punishable offence, and given the extent and length of abuse against me all perpetrators should be permanently banned!
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby pawnchito » Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:16 am

Nah as a neutral observer... you say some pretty random boomer shit that's borderline creepy.
pawnchito

Postby TwentyThree » Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:27 am

pawnchito wrote:Nah as a neutral observer... you say some pretty random boomer shit that's borderline creepy.

borderline? kek
TwentyThree

Postby Jalpha » Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:38 am

Ahah! So then you acknowledge the fact that due to opinions considered alternative, even "creepy" dependant upon individual interpretation, I have become a target of hate speech.

The witness statements are clear!
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby pawnchito » Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:55 am

no idiot you objectively say things that are bad. people pointing that out isnt hate speech its calling a spade a spade. turning the narrative into making it seem like your a victim is classic behavior for your type.

your mental gymnastics are astounding though ill give you that.
pawnchito

Postby VDZ » Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:23 am

Can we at least keep the topic on moderation decisions and not 'why Jalpha is bad'? This is not the place for the latter discussion.
VDZ

Next

Return to Hel