Drinking Should Not Be Enabled During Combat (Suggestion!)

The Place Where Bad Threads Go To Die.

Drinking Should Not Be Enabled During Combat (Suggestion!)

Postby NecklessVirgin » Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:54 pm

Salutations, Fellow Haven and Hearth Community Players,

It has come to my attention through the annals of my villagers (who represent a plurality if not majority of the current active player base, yes) that PvP Combat is overwhelmingly unfair to players who simply do not wish to engage with PVP.

To those unaware, some portion of combat involves a “chaser” and “chasee” (much like my love life, ha ha!), with the chaser usually being an Min-maxer who tries very hard to progress, uses automatic bot scripts to run their industries, and enjoys making the game worse for other players. Whereas the chased is typically a newer, less jaded character who simply wants to play the game for wholesome joy. Needless to say, everyone I play with is among the chaste.

The issue arouses in the game’s Stamina system: in order to run (or sprint, on certain types of floor) you slowly expend Stamina, and the only way to restore it is to drink liquids. That means that one’s ability to survive or cause pain in combat is directly related to how much liquids, like water, you have in your inventory and belts.
Aggressive PVP characters then have an extreme advantage: they have access to much larger belts and inventories, know to fill both with containers of water, and have no other priorities for what they need in those spaces besides a weapon, maybe their keys, and a fuckton of water.

In order to rectify this grievous inequity I propose drinking be disabled during active combat interactions. That way innocent players will have a chance to escape more safely.

If any spontaneous groundswell of players have read this thread and happen to agree with my analsists, please add a simple “I agree” response to the thread to show the developers that the entire playerbase agrees this idea is good for the game. Also elaborate on why you agree if you wish.

Everyone who wishes to poison the well with disagreement should simply fuck off. Cheerio!
Zentetsuken wrote:bona fide top idea haver.
NecklessVirgin

Re: Drinking Should Not Be Enabled During Combat (Suggestion

Postby HasseKebab » Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:10 pm

With the recent removal of critter movement speed buff for the sake of helping helpless noobs at the game in the same vein as your suggestion, this does sound like a rather good suggestion in that direction. I agree with OP +1
HasseKebab

Postby Dawidio123 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:11 pm

+2, because of critter removal noobs are clearly outmatched by the amount of water factions are hoarding.
Ingame: Shaki
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
Dawidio123

Postby DonVelD » Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:13 pm

+3 remove my balls
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JOIN THE OFFICIAL H&H DISCORD TODAY
DonVelD

Postby terechgracz » Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:17 pm

+4
Minecraft was the best when it didn't even have sprinting! Although it had rails and minecarts, and PvP wise you had to have whole EQ of porkchops so it was like haven in a way. So maybe don't remove that.
Last edited by terechgracz on Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
terechgracz

Postby Gerdgen » Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:18 pm

+5
This would have saved me
Gerdgen

Postby terechgracz » Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:21 pm

To be sure everyone will be aware how shit that is. It allows chasers to just aggro with one character and others could just outrun victim from a distance and intercept him. The skill of escaping would boil down to aggroing everyone that is chasing you while chasers would avoid aggro. Kind of sucks.
terechgracz

Postby DDDsDD999 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:29 pm

So heckin signed.
DDDsDD999

Postby Luno » Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:30 pm

+1 unironically
Fuck running combat. Make every pvp interaction a death sentence.
Make ranged absurdly op(yes i'm a ranger myself, how could you tell?)

Also make it so that trying to drink water while getting hit causes ur character to choke which results in asphyxiation wounds or something idk.
Luno

Postby shidpisscum » Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:32 pm

+6 so. hecking. agree.
shidpisscum

Next

Return to Hel