Being greifed

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: Being greifed

Postby Nikixos » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:49 am

Kumodo wrote:I expect the smart alec answers , not my first rodeo on forums or games lol. Usually there is a greiving policy. The developers money, no skin off my butt. My money gets you updates :) Can always cancel payment, got 6 months :P

i'm sure you are aware of this, but there is stuff you could've done to prevent this, first of all, all in-game problems have to be solved in-game by the players, that is one of the main shifts of this game and is called politics, second, did you haven built a wall? This isn't farmville bro. The best thing you will be able to do is ask someone to murder the people doing this to you, that is why they left scents, there is also nidbanes.
Last edited by Nikixos on Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nikixos

Postby Kumodo » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:51 am

Ozzy123 wrote:You should focus on building a palisade before going mining etc. I would offer my help and track the raiders but with your crybabys attitude I'd rather raid you myself, lol.

[insult removed]

My wife and i were just looking for a decent game we could play and pass time until Camelot Unchained came out and my guild got back together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT2RJRWMb7U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KMMCNeyjxU

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST
Last edited by Granger on Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: keep it civil please
Kumodo

Postby bananza » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:04 am

dont worry, ozzy can raid only his teammates

while sharing same wall

GEX
Warning to mods: This post is mirror protected, so giving a warning/ or ban means you will be warned/banned by redirection.

GEX
bananza

Postby Zeler » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:13 am

bananza wrote:dont worry, ozzy can raid only his teammates

while sharing same wall

GEX

u are one of the guys who we buttmangled in valhalla 3v5 xd?
Zeler

Postby SeventhSandwich » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:50 am

Kumodo wrote:I expect the smart alec answers , not my first rodeo on forums or games lol. Usually there is a greiving policy. The developers money, no skin off my butt. My money gets you updates :) Can always cancel payment, got 6 months :P

Threatening petty extortion over a dead character doesn't seem like the answer. Were you unaware from the beginning that this game operates in a player-driven universe?
SeventhSandwich

Postby Scoodles » Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:03 am

I'm surprised you managed to produce metal and hardened leather before setting up a palisade. Personally I found those things more difficult to obtain
In case you were unaware, the leather, rope & glue is only needed for the first post and the other sections can be extended from it and are made from just 3 wood blocks a piece (30 for corners&gates)

As others have already said, your best bet at this point would be to either build a claim and surrounding palisade elsewhere and move into it or try building one around your existing location and hope they don't destroy it before it dries
You could also try sending nidbanes for revenge, seeing as how you have access to metal and plenty of scents left by their crimes, or pay for someone (such as Black hive emporium) to do it for you. They might even track the perps for free

As for dev intervention, there are no policies against griefing. The freedom to terrorize fellow players is intentional provided no bugs are abused in order to do it
sabinati wrote:AAAIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Scoodles

Postby Kitamie » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:33 am

Kumodo, please check your inbox for message.
Kitamie

Postby Ozzy123 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:36 pm

Kumodo wrote:
Ozzy123 wrote:You should focus on building a palisade before going mining etc. I would offer my help and track the raiders but with your crybabys attitude I'd rather raid you myself, lol.

[insult removed]

My wife and i were just looking for a decent game we could play and pass time until Camelot Unchained came out and my guild got back together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT2RJRWMb7U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KMMCNeyjxU

USER WAS WARNED FOR THIS POST

you think that anyone cares about your shitty games shitty gameplay? xD If youre too bad to build a wall in haven then being good at the game youre playing is probably easiest thing in the universe.
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby vatas » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:03 pm

I'm seeing pattern in (d)evolution of HnH newbies.

World 7: I built Palisade, why can people brake it without battering ram?

World 8: I built Palisade, why can people still brake it without battering ram?

World 9: I didn't build walls at all, why did I get raided?
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby The_Lich_King » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:16 pm

vatas wrote:I'm seeing pattern in (d)evolution of HnH newbies.

World 7: I built Palisade, why can people brake it without battering ram?

World 8: I built Palisade, why can people still brake it without battering ram?

World 9: I didn't build walls at all, why did I get raided?

Imagine what world 10 will be like.

World 10: I left open, unclaimed crates out with a sign that says there is river pearls in this crate...... why did i get raided :lol:

I mean i understand why this guy could think it would be okay if he is used to playing games with no griefing policies but haven is not a normal game. In this game players are free to do whatever they want within the limits of the game provided they have the proper skills and equiptment.
Ysh wrote: I think you are jordancoles. You saying this for throwing off of track to make me thinking I am jordancoles.

Onep wrote: If I had to choose between drowning you and savoring every moment as your face desperately gasps for air beneath the brine or saving the planet, I'd choose you everytime.
The_Lich_King

PreviousNext

Return to The Moot