Being greifed

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Being greifed

Postby Kumodo » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:55 pm

Hello,

Been playing the game for about 2 months, me and my wife have a verified account $15. We are currently in the mining mode built the anvil, smithy hammer, have all the crops growing. So i guess not newbees but not super studs. For the past 5 days we have been raided for out study-ables and metal bars. After the first go around i kept anything important in our character inventory. Next day same thing, they left a scent i tried to track it with no avail. Not sure if the pointer is working like the divining rod. Third day, i make an alt and park him in front of my door so they can not leave with curios and have to pocket everything. They moved my stuff around in the house, so much so that i couldn't get it back into place, but didnt take anything. The next day which is today, they killed my alt in my cabin and my wife...left her main toon logged in her cabin and they killed her as well.

Any justice here or should i pack up and quit this game and move on? I really dont know if moving will help, this would be the third time i had to move because of this. And my wife is going to explode when she finds out her main is dead.

Moderation?
Kumodo

Re: Being greifed

Postby Kumodo » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:04 am

They took her body after they killed her but left my newly rolled alt laying dead in my cabin, had him parked in front of the door.
Kumodo

Postby Hasta » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:07 am

1. Justice. You can hire some skilled tracker to search for scents that are unavaliable to you, track those scents and find out that the perp is (most likely) holed up inside a claimed palisade or in some equally unreachable place. You can use those scents (with quite a few other rare ingredients) to summon a Nidbane on the perpetrator (a vengeful spirit who will move to where the perp is regardless of obstacles and ground levels and attack him, usually to no avail). After all, you can ask high-leveled and well-versed in combat players to avenge your sorrows just for kicks (if you're feeling particularly persuasive).

2. Should you quit this game. I'm kinda on a fence here. "Good" me wishes to tell you that griefs happen and explain how you should've protected yourself and your loved ones (including posessions) from those pesky griefers. Then again, "bad" me acknowledges that you'll be pretty disgruntled after you learn that there's much likely nothing to be done to satisfy your anger with the griefers, and the last thing you'll want to hear is "what could've been if only..."

As a nice and fuzzy Hearthling I feel obliged to extend my deepest condolences about your situation and offer any help you need, should you choose to stay in the game (some limitations apply).
Hasta

Postby DDDsDD999 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:13 am

You have to build a wall to not get raided.
DDDsDD999

Postby Nikixos » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:24 am

Is this a case of kidnaping and reip? ¦]
Nikixos

Postby Kumodo » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:37 am

I expect the smart alec answers , not my first rodeo on forums or games lol. Usually there is a greiving policy. The developers money, no skin off my butt. My money gets you updates :) Can always cancel payment, got 6 months :P
Kumodo

Postby Ysh » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:41 am

Kumodo wrote:Usually there is a greiving policy.

The policy is that if some player does thing you do not like, you will stop them using tool available in game.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby Kumodo » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:42 am

DDDsDD999 wrote:You have to build a wall to not get raided.

Raided , i understand that and the wall. Murdering 2 toons and the wall takes some resources while farming, mining, yada yada. I would say we were about a week out if we didnt lose all of our leather , rope to constant raiding lol...only so much you can hold in inventory or hide. Tried hiding stuff a few times, no dice.
Kumodo

Postby Ozzy123 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:45 am

You should focus on building a palisade before going mining etc. I would offer my help and track the raiders but with your crybabys attitude I'd rather raid you myself, lol.
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby Hasta » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:46 am

Yeah, no, you not gonna have devs go and set a precedent over your dead toons. Sorry. It's a permadeath game, you snooze - you lose. You can see something vaguely resembling "grieving policy" in this thread. In short, you have the ability to fend for yourself. You don't use it properly, that's totally on you.

The only few "Divine Interventions" happened here were highly, extremely contorversial and they were triggered by a huge bug abuse (and mainly consisted of punishing those bug-abusers, not refunding the abused players' efforts). Feel free to browse the Announcements section for more info on those.

Kumodo wrote:Tried hiding stuff a few times, no dice.
Leantos are your friends =)
Hasta

Next

Return to The Moot