The Angry Village to the North

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

The Angry Village to the North

Postby veladra » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:43 pm

My friend and I recently joined Haven and Hearth and have had a good week learning the ropes and getting our little village started. We finally finished our palisade today only to have the Ukrainian village to the North, Yowyn, come down and threaten us. They told us to leave otherwise they will kill us and destroy our village.

Been a great time up until this point. If it comes to that, I think it will have to be the end of our time here at HnH. We invested a lot of time in getting our little village up and running. To have it cut down so soon, with so little diplomacy, would be too much for us.

Any serious advice is welcomed!
veladra

Re: The Angry Village to the North

Postby Ysh » Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:50 pm

veladra wrote:My friend and I recently joined Haven and Hearth and have had a good week learning the ropes and getting our little village started. We finally finished our palisade today only to have the Ukrainian village to the North, Yowyn, come down and threaten us. They told us to leave otherwise they will kill us and destroy our village.

Been a great time up until this point. If it comes to that, I think it will have to be the end of our time here at HnH. We invested a lot of time in getting our little village up and running. To have it cut down so soon, with so little diplomacy, would be too much for us.

A. Pay or otherwise convince group for helping you defense.
B. Leave.
C. Defend home with life.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby Jacobian123 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:48 pm

Ysh wrote:
veladra wrote:My friend and I recently joined Haven and Hearth and have had a good week learning the ropes and getting our little village started. We finally finished our palisade today only to have the Ukrainian village to the North, Yowyn, come down and threaten us. They told us to leave otherwise they will kill us and destroy our village.

B. Leave.

Yeah, that's pretty much what you can do.

Otherwise you can guess at their level of progression and decide whether or not they're serious or if they're just trying to scare you into moving away.
W3-W8 - Hermit
W9 - (Ex)-Leader of Vidarrheim

Image Image Image
Jacobian123

Postby Ysh » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:53 pm

Jacobian123 wrote:
Ysh wrote:

B. Leave.

Yeah, that's pretty much what you can do.

Otherwise you can guess at their level of progression and decide whether or not they're serious or if they're just trying to scare you into moving away.

This too. For them to try with threats instead of just immediate kill indicate that they would rather you move without combat. Even if you never fight them, it is huge hassle to destroy other player base as long as you have palisade, claim, and do not allow them to build wrecking ball on walls.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby vatas » Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:41 pm

If I were you, I would do following:
1) Check walls and inspect shield regularily. As long as your shield is full, there should be at least 12 hours before walls can be breached and that's assuming they spent significant percentage of entire map's Brimstone output just to siege you.
2) Don't go outside walls with valuable characters. Use alts for simple woodcutting/foraging/gathering low q materials.
3) Prepare for the worst; scout new potential village site and alt-vault non-block materials for initial palisade cornerpost.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby DisKagel » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:40 pm

Do you perhaps know the name of this village or location on the map? If you could identify them, you might be able to get some help from other people.
don't hate me because u ain't me
DisKagel

Postby SiO2 » Sat Jun 25, 2016 1:18 am

Ysh wrote:A. Pay or otherwise convince group for helping you defense.
B. Leave.

D. Find their enemies. Assholes usualy have more than one.
Bronies for life /)
SiO2

Postby mdsanta » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:22 pm

Yyyyeah.... setting up a village within a minimap from others...
blocking and enclosing their signpost trail.
all this time - no stones with messages at the gates to check if that would be a problem.

As a warning got a hole in the palisade and invite to leave.

.....Went whining to the forums "OMG we're noobs and we get harassed and not welcomed!"

Lol. Tell me where you live - I'll come and setup my trailer on your lawn.

Remark: still no other signs of communication with nearby village. Mere good luck I was checking the forums and doing their job.

PPS. we are open to help you move if needed, can give you seeds and such to help you out as well, but seriosusly you chose a bad spot. And that ain't gonna work :(
PPPS. you can throw me your skype in PM, I'll be online in a 4-5 hours. and generally online tomorrow (EST timezone).. if needed... .. thouw it wont change the decision. I can only help and communicate.

PPPPS. village is not Ukranian :)
mdsanta

Postby mdsanta » Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:30 pm

... and you invested somewhat about two weeks into the game. Not more cause I was the one who built that signpost trail :D
mdsanta

Postby Jesus_Smith_Nandez » Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:55 am

Always 2 sides to these stories :roll:
HnH Videos
God bless
Jesus_Smith_Nandez

Next

Return to The Moot