New Hypatia

Forum for discussing in game politics, village relations and matters of justice.

Re: New Hypatia

Postby Burinn » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:12 am

Alternatively, don't share resources in 100% pooled groups. Short of knowing people in real life and threatening them physically, there's no way to totally assure they won't rob you.
sabinati wrote:do you expect me to just check the forum constantly, fuck off
Burinn

Postby Jacobian123 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:13 am

Burinn wrote:
Jacobian123 wrote:Given that it's named "Hypatia 2.0" your point is moot.

Uh, no? Do you think people will see it and go "Oh, 2.0. Totally different. Totally separate." ?

Having people not know where you base is, is strictly advantageous. You can't, reasonably, argue otherwise.

I was attempting to say that having the name be "Hypatia 2.0" is pretty much just the same as putting your (roughly laid out) base plans on a public forum, since anyone who runs into it will either say, "Oh, I've seen that place in a picture before," or "Oh, I've seen that name before."
W3-W8 - Hermit
W9 - (Ex)-Leader of Vidarrheim

Image Image Image
Jacobian123

Postby MrPunchers » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:27 am

idk about you guys but everyone short of shadyg0d has been super friendly and stuff (capua's peak was like 12 players).

Maybe you just attract the wrong mentality? :roll: :?
Suck me good and hard thru my jorts
MrPunchers

Postby Jacobian123 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:34 am

I'd suggest a "Newbie Town" type area either outside the village itself or inside and on a custom claim. Set only trespassing to the colour you label them in the village management screen and let them do stuff for a while before you accept them into the village properly.
W3-W8 - Hermit

Image Image Image
Jacobian123

Postby Jpnn » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:50 am

Burinn wrote:
Jacobian123 wrote:
Burinn wrote:I find it absolutely fascinating that the same group can go from recruiting one week, to lockdown the next, and then sharing a picture with the layout of their base the following. Crazy.

EDIT: Point being, don't post the layout of your base on the forum.

Why not? If someone can get inside it using siege they'll figure out the layout of it pretty quickly regardless.

It helps people determine whose base it is if they find it? And some people, given the nature of the game, would love to harass people who complain about being robbed.

Dude, think about what you are saying. Even if someone stumbled by our gates without the blueprints, this person would see the Village Name because of the Village claim, plus, its not like you cant see the fucking base if you zoom out. Specially with Ember Client. I dont need blueprints of whatever settlement to see what lies behind walls, all I need is zoom out hahaha And I also would need Cords to find the village
Jpnn

Postby Jpnn » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:57 am

Shadow7168 wrote:Well, since security seems to be an issue for you, how about this layout:

Separate your village into 3 SEPARATELY WALLED areas.

Member Quarters -> Commons <- Newb Quarters

New members stay in the newb area for ~1-2 weeks or something. I dunno, it's your village. There's some houses with basic curios, tools, and food for them. Vandalism permissions are disabled to prevent them from building a minehole in.

In the middle, accessible by both sides is the commons, where things used by everyone are. Stuff like ovens, smelters, kilns, and so on. Vandalism and in some areas, theft is disabled to prevent people from destroying or stealing your expensive shit.

Once a villager is trusted, you can move them to the members quarters. They can build their own place there, with all permissions allowed as they are presumably not going to steal everything, kill everyone and cause complete financial ruin.

It's not perfect, but it's a helluva lot better than just trusting everyone completely.

We are trying to introduce a "fingerprint system". I liked your idea btw. Our new system forces new villagers to commit one or more tresspassing scent. We take the scent and store on a safehouse that only I have the key for the palisades and the cord location. In case of betrayal , we have a sample of its scent soo we can make a nidbane and/or track it down
Jpnn

Postby nightmare » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:21 am

Generally seems very congested. Some plots I've had in villages have been around that size lol.

You're going to want wayyyy more room for crops.
nightmare

Postby Burinn » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:23 am

Jpnn wrote:Dude, think about what you are saying. Even if someone stumbled by our gates without the blueprints, this person would see the Village Name because of the Village claim, plus, its not like you cant see the fucking base if you zoom out. Specially with Ember Client. I dont need blueprints of whatever settlement to see what lies behind walls, all I need is zoom out hahaha And I also would need Cords to find the village

Unless they use the forum? I'm speaking from experience here, you're asking for trouble. To anyone who hasn't seen this thread, your base is just some base. If they've seen this thread, they know exactly whose base it is. Not letting people know that is strictly advantageous. Again, you cannot reasonably argue that that is false.
sabinati wrote:do you expect me to just check the forum constantly, fuck off
Burinn

Postby Jacobian123 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:06 am

Burinn wrote:
Jpnn wrote:Dude, think about what you are saying. Even if someone stumbled by our gates without the blueprints, this person would see the Village Name because of the Village claim, plus, its not like you cant see the fucking base if you zoom out. Specially with Ember Client. I dont need blueprints of whatever settlement to see what lies behind walls, all I need is zoom out hahaha And I also would need Cords to find the village

Unless they use the forum? I'm speaking from experience here, you're asking for trouble. To anyone who hasn't seen this thread, your base is just some base. If they've seen this thread, they know exactly whose base it is. Not letting people know that is strictly advantageous. Again, you cannot reasonably argue that that is false.

If the village is named "Hypatia" it doesn't matter.
W3-W8 - Hermit

Image Image Image
Jacobian123

Previous

Return to The Moot